Any scotch lovers out there? | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any scotch lovers out there?

Had some delicious whiskey today and it starts with an A… funny how singles become doubles / triples when you slip a $20 to the bartender…

Never been a fan. And I've been to that distillery a half dozen times.
Visited few years ago. Did the tour and had some tasting with our lunch.
Really wanted to support a Canadian Distillery especially with it's heritage but the prices were just too high for what you get.

Christmas gift from my daughter.

1702330752673.png

Do Whiskey Stones work? Asking as thinking of them as a stocking stuffer but I keep reading that they dont cool for long if at all.

Do Whiskey Stones work? Asking as thinking of them as a stocking stuffer but I keep reading that they dont cool for long if at all.
Heat capacity on stones is far far lower. Phase change is magic for heat capacity. Now, if you had a ton of stones and a pre-chilled glass, you can do ok. Probably something like 10 times as many rocks as ice yo get similar capacity. Dodgy plastic stones full of frozen goo cool better but blech.

Easiest solution is probably a heavy based glass in the freezer. That works almost as well as the stones. Add ice after the glass has had a chance to pre-cool the booze. Less melting, less watered down. Not all that helpful for presents though.

Last edited:
They work in that they don't melt and dilute. And they look cool.

Back
Top Bottom