Any members here that have sleds too? | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any members here that have sleds too?

You might want to consider a wide track or at least a long track for poking around off-trail - I love those old indy's but they are soooooo easy to get stuck. I had one that I used to loan to buddies but I eventually sold it because I ended up doing this all the time:

That looks familiar. Spent many a day digging out an old SRV. The new sleds with their longer tracks are magical. We got annoyed with it so we put the suspension and track from a 20 year newer SRX in it which made it a bit better but still not great.

That looks familiar. Spent many a day digging out an old SRV. The new sleds with their longer tracks are magical. We got annoyed with it so we put the suspension and track from a 20 year newer SRX in it which made it a bit better but still not great.
them old Yamahas had no suspension and killed your back, a had a srx triple triple and then a apex, made for long days on rough trails. but very fast

I’m around the 2000km+ range as well at this point and heading out every day or two. Wife barely breaks the 60km/h speed so I don’t count the miles I ride with her. Heading out again this afternoon for 250km or so as we’re getting this awesome storm.
Friend of mine just Snow Checked a 22 MachZ (I still think the wide body G4 is hideous).

I’m around the 2000km+ range as well at this point and heading out every day or two. Wife barely breaks the 60km/h speed so I don’t count the miles I ride with her. Heading out again this afternoon for 250km or so as we’re getting this awesome storm.
Friend of mine just Snow Checked a 22 MachZ (I still think the wide body G4 is hideous).
New Mach is very cool....$23,000 and change plus taxes etc is nuts in my mind. I would probably go Renegade XRS with the Turbo engine over the Mach and save $3000.

Love the look and idea of the Lynx Rave that's coming to Canada this year. Again I'm not going down for $20,000 plus on a sled though.

no way on gods green earth would i spend 25g's for a sled, i would for a bike cause of the use i could get as our riding seasons are extended most yrs. Not so much for sledding seasons

New Mach is very cool....$23,000 and change plus taxes etc is nuts in my mind. I would probably go Renegade XRS with the Turbo engine over the Mach and save $3000.

Love the look and idea of the Lynx Rave that's coming to Canada this year. Again I'm not going down for $20,000 plus on a sled though.
I’m interested to see how well the Rave corners. Lots of fanboys already saying how awesome it looks on paper but yet they can’t corner well on a XRS because it sits higher than the lower models and haven’t considered the Rave sits higher. Most guys who buy the XRS don’t utilize the shocks and would do better on a lower spec model that’s less tippy.

Going out again this afternoon, we got another 2in of snow and it's still coming down

I’m not a Lucy Lake racer so the Mach doesn’t intrigue me but I’m curious to see how it actually does as it’s 75lbs heavier than a Renegade Adrenaline 850 (and even more than that over a MXZ 850 which already is a lot faster top speed).
900T has already shown piston/cylinder issues with any tune over 220hp and the 900TR has no internal changes so IMO puts it way behind the Winder crowd that are easily doing 260hp+ reliably (albeit with a 50lb weight disadvantage but we also haven’t seen next years Yamacats yet).

It's older print, I did hear a dealer saying cat will be looking at they might only be order to build machines for the next yr

Last edited:
I’m interested to see how well the Rave corners. Lots of fanboys already saying how awesome it looks on paper but yet they can’t corner well on a XRS because it sits higher than the lower models and haven’t considered the Rave sits higher. Most guys who buy the XRS don’t utilize the shocks and would do better on a lower spec model that’s less tippy.
Probably not great lol and the Renegade is likely the better sled for the majority of people out there. With the 137" uncoupled skid it's going to have the skis in the air a lot. Hit the gas mid corner and it's just going to go straight. It will be more work but more entertaining to those that are into that kind of thing.

I think most people would hate how I set up my assault. I have the limiter strap loosened up and crank a little extra preload on the front track shock to get lots of weight transfer. To go quick in the trails I'm constantly moving all over the thing to get it to work well. For me that's cool, I only want to go out for 2-3 hours and play around. I'm not after the best set up I want the fun set up.

Not really into the 4 stroke turbo stuff but if I was I think I would look harder at Doo then the yamacat's. All of them are more then fast enough and I think Doo has the better chassis/overall package. Even though I've been on Polaris the past couple seasons I still think Doo makes the best sleds on the market.

Probably not great lol and the Renegade is likely the better sled for the majority of people out there. With the 137" uncoupled skid it's going to have the skis in the air a lot. Hit the gas mid corner and it's just going to go straight. It will be more work but more entertaining to those that are into that kind of thing.

I think most people would hate how I set up my assault. I have the limiter strap loosened up and crank a little extra preload on the front track shock to get lots of weight transfer. To go quick in the trails I'm constantly moving all over the thing to get it to work well. For me that's cool, I only want to go out for 2-3 hours and play around. I'm not after the best set up I want the fun set up.

Not really into the 4 stroke turbo stuff but if I was I think I would look harder at Doo then the yamacat's. All of them are more then fast enough and I think Doo has the better chassis/overall package. Even though I've been on Polaris the past couple seasons I still think Doo makes the best sleds on the market.
So does anyone make something light and decently quick? The sleds I borrowed this year were heavy and damn fast. Honestly, I wouldn't be on the lakes much and I'm obviously not climbing mountains so I'd gladly give up a bunch of power for a much lighter sled. Something like a 600 cc under 400 lbs would make me happy I think.

So does anyone make something light and decently quick? The sleds I borrowed this year were heavy and damn fast. Honestly, I wouldn't be on the lakes much and I'm obviously not climbing mountains so I'd gladly give up a bunch of power for a much lighter sled. Something like a 600 cc under 400 lbs would make me happy I think.
Can’t go wrong with Skidoo MXZ 600 X package or Polaris 600 Indy xc in a 129 as trail rippers. Both are good chassis’ with high quality suspension/components.

Wouldn’t hit your weight goals but would be significantly lighter then the 4 strokes you borrowed and feel lighter then a 800. Will hang with 800’s corner to corner in the trails no problem.

Like blackcamaro stated a 600 129’r will be your best bet. A non-X mxz will be about 10lbs lighter as well. An older XS-chassis mxz 121 will be fine on trails as well and a bit lighter still (loved my 14 mxz x 600etec 121”).

My buddy just sold a 2012 mxz 600 for 6500

Had it listed for 2hrs

Last edited:
My issue is to find one.

Gonna last me a long time if I buy new.
I tend to break stuff, might as well be my own

My issue is to find one.

Gonna last me a long time if I buy new.
I tend to break stuff, might as well be my own
might have to put in a spring order, i don't think there was many left offer from this winter buys

Back
Top Bottom