Any members here that have sleds too? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any members here that have sleds too?

First time out for a rip today. Now i see why people put studs in the track. That thing was sideways more often than straight.

It goes like a scared cat though.

From what i can tell, yes.

That is the ARC/ARM suspension built by AD Boivin for skidoo for the 1998-99 670 Z sleds, they are a decent suspension for trail riding if your under 175lbs...if over that do yourself a favor and find some progressive springs for it (AD Boivin might still sell them). If you weigh more it like having a pogo stick under you bouncing around. I run this suspension in my vmax 800 and in my wifes Phazer 570 I built her. Tips on this suspension go over everything and loctite all bolts as things like to come loose on these and keep em greased up.

CIMG0455.jpg

CIMG0510.jpg

I was out ripping around on my Phazer today pulling my buddies kids on their toboggans. Great fun!! Love the heated grip and throttle

I pay $152 per year on my 95 Vmax-4 800 and its damm fast......But I agree with and earlier post that a 600 is plenty!

CIMG0512.jpg

Just seeing that makes me miss mine. I had the same sled. They don't turn worth a **** but it was a rocket. The lack of snow over the years has kept me away. Nice toy though :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Just moved up to Innisfil, so had to get a sled, bought an older mach 1 for bombing around on, would love to meet up and go for a rip!

That is the ARC/ARM suspension built by AD Boivin for skidoo for the 1998-99 670 Z sleds, they are a decent suspension for trail riding if your under 175lbs...if over that do yourself a favor and find some progressive springs for it (AD Boivin might still sell them). If you weigh more it like having a pogo stick under you bouncing around. I run this suspension in my vmax 800 and in my wifes Phazer 570 I built her. Tips on this suspension go over everything and loctite all bolts as things like to come loose on these and keep em greased up.

CIMG0455.jpg

CIMG0510.jpg

is that phazer for sale?

my sleds would love to see some snow....but I have no time anymore, maybe I should sell them.....

Had one of those when I was about 16... Never realized how heavy that thing was until I had it baried to the bars in wet/heavy snow in a ditch.

First sled was an 81 skidoo 277 citation... That thing taught me lots about repairs.
Then had a 1990 polaris Indy 650.
Then the arctic cat for a half season, replaced it with a 99 Mach z 800, shaved heads, ported, pipes, clutched... It was FAST. Considering that was in 2001/02 there weren't many sleds around that could touch it.
Last was my favourite, 04 MXZ 800x in yellow/blue. Clutched, $1500 in suspension changes and mx bars on it... Basically a mx bike on the snow.
Love sledding, it's just way too expensive. So I traded it for a trans am that I'm restoring... Not any cheaper lol.

Back
Top Bottom