Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Specs say 16 hours from empty with a 120v 12A. 6.5 with a level 2 240v 15A. Will check and see what I get.
I've gathered that 120 volt charging gives you 8 miles per hour of charge. If you plug in when you get home from work and unplug the next morning 12 to 14 hours of charge should get you 100 to 120 MILES. That will vary with the weather and how you use heat and air conditioning, particularaly if heat is resistive instead of heat pump.

While range anxiety is diminishing ICE is nice if the driver is oblivious to the added loads of A/C, heat and towing.
 
Let me know how you like it.

It’s on the list as an Odyssey replacement.

Neighbour has it and loves it. But guy couldn’t tell the truth if his life depended on it so I’ll take his words with a grain of salt.
50 km would be the max range in real world. I find that super frustrating in the Volt with a bit better range after having a full ev. Having a 400k electric range covers almost everything and there are so many chargers now.

Sent from my Pixel 10 using Tapatalk
 
Specs say 16 hours from empty with a 120v 12A. 6.5 with a level 2 240v 15A. Will check and see what I get.
Do a 15 amp level 2 if you drive at all it will need a full charge daily. We have a similar set up for the Volt.

Sent from my Pixel 10 using Tapatalk
 
50 km would be the max range in real world. I find that super frustrating in the Volt with a bit better range after having a full ev. Having a 400k electric range covers almost everything and there are so many chargers now.

Sent from my Pixel 10 using Tapatalk
That’s about what my Gen 1 Volt got….50km plus or minus.

The Gen 2 was better in every way.
 
Gen2 Volt was better in every way but looks imho. Saying that, my Gen1 was the gateway drug to full EV.
I did prefer the exterior look of the Gen1.

I've actually considered buying my wife an older Gen2 for her work. It would ease up the piling of kms onto her Odyssey but haven't done the math on buying a third car, insuring it, etc etc.
 
I did prefer the exterior look of the Gen1.

I've actually considered buying my wife an older Gen2 for her work. It would ease up the piling of kms onto her Odyssey but haven't done the math on buying a third car, insuring it, etc etc.
Not sure I would get a volt now they are getting old and parts are becoming an issue. They are usually cheap which is why ours is going to get driven until it dies. At 200000 now I usually get rid of vehicles around 400000. The equinox ev is great though and really makes me want another full ev.

Sent from my Pixel 10 using Tapatalk
 
Now this is tempting for $1000
I'd keep the CB500F for longer rides and use this for errands tho not sure of insurance cost.
1791006141249.png
Would need to add a top box as under seat is the battery. Can't figure out if it is a 2025 model why not under warranty. :unsure:
Confusing listing. Weight is low, seat is low - enough range for more my use and a local dealer.
 
Did some checking to see how the battery in the Volt was doing 17 percent capacity loss over 2500 charge cycles. Not bad at imho. A full ev won't see this many charge cycles and should be even better.
6e99b51866ebb7e5b7d69e0be1404fcc.jpg


Sent from my Pixel 10 using Tapatalk
 
Did some checking to see how the battery in the Volt was doing 17 percent capacity loss over 2500 charge cycles. Not bad at imho. A full ev won't see this many charge cycles and should be even better.
6e99b51866ebb7e5b7d69e0be1404fcc.jpg


Sent from my Pixel 10 using Tapatalk
I suspect the Volt sees a lot of almost empty and almost full too. Those are the worst conditions for the battery. Most BEV's can quite comfortably hang out between 20% and 80% for almost all of their charge cycles.
 
I suspect the Volt sees a lot of almost empty and almost full too. Those are the worst conditions for the battery. Most BEV's can quite comfortably hang out between 20% and 80% for almost all of their charge cycles.
Yes empty to full almost every time there is a buffer but a big battery doesn't see those extremes often.

Sent from my Pixel 10 using Tapatalk
 
So I got a ride in a Mach E in Lisbon of all places. So far have seen 3 other ones. Using Bolt, it’s a major ride share program here in Portugal like Uber. Guy says he can clear about 200 euros a shift and charges at home.

Coolest one so far is a Fiat Panda electric. I would drive the **** out of that it’s just so neat. Citroen Ami is a small 2 seater electric, seen a few of them downtown, very cute.
 
So I got a ride in a Mach E in Lisbon of all places. So far have seen 3 other ones. Using Bolt, it’s a major ride share program here in Portugal like Uber. Guy says he can clear about 200 euros a shift and charges at home.

Coolest one so far is a Fiat Panda electric. I would drive the **** out of that it’s just so neat. Citroen Ami is a small 2 seater electric, seen a few of them downtown, very cute.
If that panda is anything like the ICE panda I had for a week in Italy, I'd run.
 
How Stellantis completely ****** it up in Canada I will never know. Even the Fiat 600e is decent. They could bring the Panda e and 600e to complement the 500e being sold here. If Canada can adopt Euro standards maybe it will happen. What I can say is there is very good depth in EV offerings from everyone.
 
IMG_6131.jpegGot the new PHEV car. Still trying to figure out all of the electronics. Doesn’t seem to allow you to charge it to a percentage on either the car or cable settings. You can set the hours it will charge.
 
Back
Top Bottom