Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 466 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

There's a large lot in Brampton near Goreway & Hwy 7that sometimes has auctions. There are always used cars coming and going from that place.

I noticed recently a bunch of Oceans in the far north side of the lot. Hard to tell through the fence and bushes but I'd wager at least a dozen are there waiting for delivery.

Seen one out in the wild on the QEW at Jordan. Nice looking machine.

I see a lot of trashing of Tesla here nowadays... Hate or love - it dethroned Toyota as 2023 best selling car in the WORLD with it's Model Y

Just because something sells a lot at a premium price doesn't mean it doesn't still suck at worst, or isn't worth the money at best.

Beats headphones, Yeti coolers and accessories, and Red Bull come to mind as examples. People buy them because they're trendy, not necessarily because they're the best tool for the job, or the best financial decision compared to other options.

Just because something sells a lot at a premium price doesn't mean it doesn't still suck at worst, or isn't worth the money at best.

Beats headphones, Yeti coolers and accessories, and Red Bull come to mind as examples. People buy them because they're trendy, not necessarily because they're the best tool for the job, or the best financial decision compared to other options.
My yeti mug feels attacked...

Think it's 5 years old, been dropped, thrown and neglected and it still looks like I bought it the day before. /shrug

Think it's 5 years old, been dropped, thrown and neglected and it still looks like I bought it the day before. /shrug

I have a $10 (3 pack for $30) travel mug from Costco that is the exact same.

I know Yeti is good stuff, but sorry...$575 for a rotomold cooler is the cooler version of "You're paying extra because it has the Harley name" IMHO.

1711669689871.png

The most common "funtionally equilvalent without the fancy name" option for basically half the price. Often available at Costco for ~$200.

1711669905169.png

Which of the Model Y's competitors would you say is a better option?

Anyone have a recommendation for a plug-in hybrid? Can't plunge into full ev just yet.

New - used - big - small - truck - car? There are fewer choices for plug-in hybrids than for straight EVs now.

Chevy Volt, which you can only buy used, is probably still the easiest to find.

Prius Prime, if you can find one (and if buying a previous-generation model used, if you can stomach the styling).

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.

And a few Jeep and Chrysler models - Pacifica hybrid, and a couple of Jeep 4xe models.

For something off the wall, BMW i3 with the range extender option ("rex"). Only available used, if you can find one.

Ford had a couple different models some years back, but there are not many around.

New - used - big - small - truck - car? There are fewer choices for plug-in hybrids than for straight EVs now.

Chevy Volt, which you can only buy used, is probably still the easiest to find.

Prius Prime, if you can find one (and if buying a previous-generation model used, if you can stomach the styling).

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.

And a few Jeep and Chrysler models - Pacifica hybrid, and a couple of Jeep 4xe models.

For something off the wall, BMW i3 with the range extender option ("rex"). Only available used, if you can find one.

Ford had a couple different models some years back, but there are not many around.
Yeah that was the broadest question. I guess a small suv, like everyone else. New or only a couple years old, but used cars that are only 2 years old seem to be the same price as new ones. Was looking at tuscon, rav4, and others. Avoiding American, specifically Chrysler and GM.

I concur with all the above from Brian.

PHEV's are a hard find right now, at least ones with less than anemic ranges on the electric side. The Volt had everything going for it in this regard when GM, in their infinite wisdom, killed it...only for PHEV's to be in insanely high demand right now. The Volt was a car truly about 10 years ahead of it's time, and GM killed it just when it was coming into the golden age of PHEV's.

I think we'll see an explosion of PHEV options inside the next 12-18 months, but in the meantime, they're slim pickings.

The Volt was simply too expensive. Buyers didn't see the value and shunned it.

Had GM had the foresight to focus on much more affordable hybrid models back when the Volt was introduced. They'd be sitting pretty today.

But hey, it's GM. They know best.

How's the much ballyhooed take over the world Ultium doing?

Back
Top Bottom