Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 459 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

<crickets>

<crickets>

images

So what is the vehicle that this statement refers to? "There are far better choices in todays EV market. Even if you have to pay a little more."

BYD may fill that role at an unknown time in the future for an unknown price but that is useless now.
already in Aus
If already produced in Mexico seems the free trade agreement should allow them in. :unsure:

You are talking a global company second only to Tesla - why treat it as vapourware?

I wanted to rent this in Tasmania but partner wanted a Y. Her who pays gets

Last edited:
Not available here. I have heard no reasonable discussion as to when it may be available here. It may be a reasonable (or even superior) competitor in Oz but it doesn't exist here so it is not a competitor.

I am interested in the $20k 350 km range BEV we can buy now that blows the bolt out of the water by using next-gen battery tech.

Governments already intimately understand buy high, sell low. I don't want them to do it on more projects. That project is writing off billions in a pet project. Again, at a certain level of subsidy, the economics can work for the end user. Is hydrogen the best use of taxpayer dollars? Hell no. Not in any world and not anytime in the future either.

already in Aus
www.drive.com.au

2024 BYD Dolphin Premium review

Does the BYD Dolphin offer compromises or practical solutions for Australia's urban population?
www.drive.com.au
www.drive.com.au
driving.ca

Motor Mouth: Cheap Chinese EVs may head to Canada before U.S.

America’s defences against BYD’s electric-vehicle plant in Mexico seem relatively robust—Canada’s, not so much
driving.ca
driving.ca
If already produced in Mexico seems the free trade agreement should allow them in. :unsure:

It could be made on Mars. If it doesn't meet Canadian standards it doesn't get Canadian certification.

Interesting. Knee into the center console has never bothered me, and the center armrest is the right height for me (which rarely happens). The competitors they list are all a fair bit more expensive ...

Interesting. Knee into the center console has never bothered me, and the center armrest is the right height for me (which rarely happens). The competitors they list are all a fair bit more expensive ...
For the price…Bolt can’t be beat. It’s basically 400km range for an affordable car.

My only concern is the rear trunk space. And I say this because I felt the GTI had more space than the Volt…it does not.

Trunk is effectively useless in the GTI. So if I look at my real world usage…I need a larger trunk with 2 kids and throwing in some bags or other junk for them on a day trip.

Odyssey is always used when we all go together.

For the price…Bolt can’t be beat. It’s basically 400km range for an affordable car.

My only concern is the rear trunk space. And I say this because I felt the GTI had more space than the Volt…it does not.

Trunk is effectively useless in the GTI. So if I look at my real world usage…I need a larger trunk with 2 kids and throwing in some bags or other junk for them on a day trip.

Odyssey is always used when we all go together.
I've lived with a Bolt (2019) and an Odyssey (2016) for the past 5.5 years. It's nice to have the Odyssey when we go camping or to save on delivery fees from appliance purchases, but the rest of the time my wife and I fight over who gets to drive the Bolt. The Bolt is so much fun to drive around town and anywhere within an hour and a half of home. Before going to a hybrid work week the Odyssey sometimes went weeks without being driven. I'm so disappointed that there isn't a good all electric minivan option coming anytime soon. The VW electric bus looks interesting, but they'll probably ask way too much for it and it looks to be smaller than a traditional minivan. The rear trunk in the Bolt isn't gigantic when the rear seats are in use, with them folded down - it's a completely different story, lot's of room (but really no different from any other hatchback).

I've lived with a Bolt (2019) and an Odyssey (2016) for the past 5.5 years. It's nice to have the Odyssey when we go camping or to save on delivery fees from appliance purchases, but the rest of the time my wife and I fight over who gets to drive the Bolt. The Bolt is so much fun to drive around town and anywhere within an hour and a half of home. Before going to a hybrid work week the Odyssey sometimes went weeks without being driven. I'm so disappointed that there isn't a good all electric minivan option coming anytime soon. The VW electric bus looks interesting, but they'll probably ask way too much for it and it looks to be smaller than a traditional minivan. The rear trunk in the Bolt isn't gigantic when the rear seats are in use, with them folded down - it's a completely different story, lot's of room (but really no different from any other hatchback).
My wife and I briefly looked at a few things online, she mostly doesn't care since i would be 'stuck' driving it anyways but you know...happy wife.

At first glance she would like a bit more comfort/space then the Bolt, so Ioniq 5 is at the top of my current list to go see. I would have to put some more money down or finance the balance but you can find models in QC currently under $40k so I think i'm okay with that. Let's wait to see how CRA destroys me first! :)

My wife and I briefly looked at a few things online, she mostly doesn't care since i would be 'stuck' driving it anyways but you know...happy wife.

At first glance she would like a bit more comfort/space then the Bolt, so Ioniq 5 is at the top of my current list to go see. I would have to put some more money down or finance the balance but you can find models in QC currently under $40k so I think i'm okay with that. Let's wait to see how CRA destroys me first! :)
If I had to buy an EV today it would be the Ioniq 5.

If I had to buy an EV today it would be the Ioniq 5.
I would too...except the dealership experience with Hyundai blows on a good day (in my experience), their dealers / sales staff are primarily a$$hats (in my experience - same as KIA), and I still don't trust the Hyundai brand for EV technology.

Now, all those may just be my own personal bad luck, but I've read and heard enough bad about Hyundai that it makes me stay away from the brand for the time being.

Personally still so scared Hyundai Kia quality control they can't even make gas engines that don't blow up I don't trust them with electronics

Sent from the future
I owned a GDI KIA for 7 years, brakes and oil.

Back
Top Bottom