Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 453 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Taycan is depreciating like a stone (probably mostly due to the high initial price).

It seems that 90% of high-priced-but-not-supercars depreciate like rocks. A Bugatti or whatever, not so much. Porche? Cadillac? BMW? Land Rover? Jaguar? Yep.

However, Tesla still wins the award for highest 5 year depreciation when it comes to EV's with the Model S.

It seems that 90% of high-priced-but-not-supercars depreciate like rocks. A Bugatti or whatever, not so much. Porche? Cadillac? BMW? Land Rover? Jaguar? Yep.

However, Tesla still wins the award for highest 5 year depreciation when it comes to EV's with the Model S.

Taycan is much worse. I don't know if they have been around for 5 years yet. Same site says taycan depreciates 48% in 3 years. That makes the model S 56% over 5 years look positively rosy.

Taycan is much worse. I don't know if they have been around for 5 years yet. Same site says taycan depreciates 48% in 3 years. That makes the model S 56% over 5 years look positively rosy.

Damnit no I need to do a search for a cheap one

Sent from the future

I'm seeing depreciation quotes in the 40% range for the Taycan. Where are you seeing 48%?

its the only 6 figure EV thats been around for long and sold in enough numbers for a true dataset. No brainer that it'd be the highest depreciating. But compare it to ICE vehicles. 2017 S class or 7 series, etc. those took a bigger hit and you would've been paying a lot more in running costs.

todays lesson,

just because you have all the money in the world, doesn't mean you can build a successful electric car.

Apple purportedly spent over $10 billion dollars over 10 years to watch it all evaporate......

I suspect someone at Apple saw all the troubles happening with all so-called self-driving schemes and realised that their objectives were not feasible, plus saw how hard it was to actually build cars, and made the decision to pull the plug.

About how Porsche sells Taycans - check this interesting vid

About how Porsche sells Taycans - check this interesting vid

I'm interested to see what toy a guy in the neighbourhood has for the summer. Two summers ago was an F Type. Last summer was an R8. Near the end of last summer, at various times he had a Turbo S and GT3 RS. A turbo S was dropped off a few weeks ago so maybe that won? So far they haven't had a single BEV/hybrid. The rest of the family fleet is RSQ8 and RS6 (for the kid) and something else. I heard a rumour their other kid was getting an R8 for the summer but haven't seen it yet. Dad seems to be interested in cars. Mom makes the money. I'm surprised she doesn't have a ludicrous tesla X/S. Maybe dad would be sad that the mom-mobile was faster than his toys.

I'm interested to see what toy a guy in the neighbourhood has for the summer. Two summers ago was an F Type. Last summer was an R8. Near the end of last summer, at various times he had a Turbo S and GT3 RS. A turbo S was dropped off a few weeks ago so maybe that won? So far they haven't had a single BEV/hybrid. The rest of the family fleet is RSQ8 and RS6 (for the kid) and something else. I heard a rumour their other kid was getting an R8 for the summer but haven't seen it yet. Dad seems to be interested in cars. Mom makes the money. I'm surprised she doesn't have a ludicrous tesla X/S. Maybe dad would be sad that the mom-mobile was faster than his toys.

You be livin in a baller neighborhood from the sounds of it. 😉

I suspect someone at Apple saw all the troubles happening with all so-called self-driving schemes and realised that their objectives were not feasible, plus saw how hard it was to actually build cars, and made the decision to pull the plug.

Apple won't sell garbage that doesn't work as people expect, or just isn't ready for prime time. It's the same reason they never introduced a folding phone - because the tech really isn't ready the prime time and the ones that are out there don't really provide the level of user experience they're known for. Too many compromises "just because" to make a folding phone. There's a reason they're really not a thing anymore either.

If they couldn't get a product out that did as promised, safely, and with a user experience that lived to up what they needed/wanted to provide before putting their name on it, yeah, I'm guessing they walked. They didn't want to be like Tesla, still passing off half baked "full self driving" as something it actually isn't, and end having their cars creaming people, crashing into stopped emergency vehicles, decapitating their drivers, etc etc.

This doesn't surprise me. I'm just not sure why they were ever in the segment to begin with honestly.

Apple won't sell garbage that doesn't work as people expect, or just isn't ready for prime time. It's the same reason they never introduced a folding phone - because the tech really isn't ready the prime time and the ones that are out there don't really provide the level of user experience they're known for. Too many compromises "just because" to make a folding phone. There's a reason they're really not a thing anymore either.

If they couldn't get a product out that did as promised, safely, and with a user experience that lived to up what they needed/wanted to provide before putting their name on it, yeah, I'm guessing they walked. They didn't want to be like Tesla, still passing off half baked "full self driving" as something it actually isn't, and end having their cars creaming people, crashing into stopped emergency vehicles, decapitating their drivers, etc etc.

This doesn't surprise me. I'm just not sure why they were ever in the segment to begin with honestly.
I agree. A few seconds at the brainstorming meeting and that idea should have died. They care so much about the look and feel of everything that by the time that ethos was scaled up to an entire vehicle, it would make Rolls Royce look cheap.

I agree. A few seconds at the brainstorming meeting and that idea should have died. They care so much about the look and feel of everything that by the time that ethos was scaled up to an entire vehicle, it would make Rolls Royce look cheap.

The ''racing'' (hubless) casters for the Mac Pro are $870 CAD

The ''racing'' (hubless) casters for the Mac Pro are $870 CAD

classic Apple. Suck every dollar out of consumers wallet.

and they gobble it up! haha.

Back
Top Bottom