Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 316 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

I daily drove a 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP with an LS3 V8 and a stick shift for 2 or 3 years. A rare car (the GXP model) that never actually was sold in Canada - I ended up flying down to Nebraska and drove it back. That was when the CAD was on par with the USD. There was maybe 2-3 in all of Canada. Think of it as a 4-door Camaro.

As much as I loved that car, the frequent fuel stops got old after awhile.

If you've got the means to swing it, I'd recommend a car like that as a toy that comes out on nice days and have a fuel efficient daily for the grind. The days you end up driving the toy are special, just like the days you get on the bike.

So the Mustang isn't on your radar?
The LT4 that was in my Z06 only used a fraction more fuel (when driven responsibly) than my ridgeline, it was very close. Premium fuel vrs regular though.

Ah, premium ... remember when the differential was 10 cents above regular? The gas co's stick it to us needing it by double that now and they keep inching it up too.

Where is Z06 equivalent on mustang family tree? I would think above GT but well below GT350?
The Z06 has always been Corvette's track-focused car so yes the GT350 ... both naturally aspirated and higher revving.

The ZR1 equates to the GT500. Both are the top dogs on the tree and both are supercharged beasts. You can also track those too for that matter.

The Z06 has always been Corvette's track-focused car so yes the GT350 ... both naturally aspirated and higher revving.

The ZR1 equates to the GT500. Both are the top dogs on the tree and both are supercharged beasts. You can also track those too for that matter.
C7 Z06 is supercharged.

Personally I see Z06, GT500 and ZL1 Camaro all similar making big power from supercharged engines. Stupid fast street cars.

GT350, Camaro 1LE and Corvette Grand Sport in the same group as normal aspirated track focused cars.

I’ve driven all of them except the current gen GT500. I prefer the normally aspirated group.

C7 Z06 is supercharged.

Personally I see Z06, GT500 and ZL1 Camaro all similar making big power from supercharged engines. Stupid fast street cars.

GT350, Camaro 1LE and Corvette Grand Sport in the same group as normal aspirated track focused cars.

I’ve driven all of them except the current gen GT500. I prefer the normally aspirated group.
I was referring to Gary's LT4 but yes FI is showing up on many application now.

C7 Z06 is supercharged.

A guy up the street has a GT500 (~2010). He is pretty old and has some mobility issues. I fear for his safety. He is well past the age where you have a chance to chase it. Hell, I am past the age where I could stay ahead of one when driven in anger and I am decades younger.

A guy up the street has a GT500 (~2010). He is pretty old and has some mobility issues. I fear for his safety. He is well past the age where you have a chance to chase it. Hell, I am past the age where I could stay ahead of one when driven in anger and I am decades younger.
LOL. With some common sense they aren't terrible but yeah if it starts to come around things happen in a hurry.

03-04 Cobra's were a bit of a handful. Real old chassis with the supercharged 4.6.

I daily drove a 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP with an LS3 V8 and a stick shift for 2 or 3 years. A rare car (the GXP model) that never actually was sold in Canada - I ended up flying down to Nebraska and drove it back. That was when the CAD was on par with the USD. There was maybe 2-3 in all of Canada. Think of it as a 4-door Camaro.

As much as I loved that car, the frequent fuel stops got old after awhile.

If you've got the means to swing it, I'd recommend a car like that as a toy that comes out on nice days and have a fuel efficient daily for the grind. The days you end up driving the toy are special, just like the days you get on the bike.

So the Mustang isn't on your radar?
Somewhat as you said, i want the special car. And while using it sparingly has its merits (i don't doubt you'll appreciate sliding behind the wheel more), i figure i bought the damn thing to drive it not look at it. I could swing a beater but not a 100 grand paperweight. :LOL:

As i alluded to earlier, GT's, Camaro SS, etc; nice cars but not special.

Somewhat as you said, i want the special car. And while using it sparingly has its merits (i don't doubt you'll appreciate sliding behind the wheel more), i figure i bought the damn thing to drive it not look at it. I could swing a beater but not a 100 grand paperweight. :LOL:

I saw a nice M8 today. Lots of power, looks nice, probably a great DD.

, i figure i bought the damn thing to drive it not look at it. I could swing a beater but not a 100 grand paperweight. :LOL:

Lol, I said the same thing too about driving it!

Both the Mustang's and Camaro's have special low production models that are rare. In the formers, there's the Bullitt and Mach 1 but it's got to work for you for sure ... good luck with whatever it ends up being.

Mandatory or that's what it comes with? Some cars can use smaller wheels than factory and still clear the brakes (obviously this would be the case with the rears of the Z06, I have no idea about the front).
last i checked the brakes are HUGE, probably need at least 19s

Would love a GT500 or even a GT350…

Effin ballers in this thread.

Miata Is Always The Answer….

Plus you work as a valet, I’m sure you get to drive all sorts of toys to get a feel for what you like….2min at a time.
:LOL:

Yeah i've driven everything except a McLaren at this point! Did get a Corvette ZR1 and only a two tone RR got more looks from the peasants so far.

Back
Top Bottom