Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 251 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Sister is picking up her Mach-E tomorrow. They're up here already.

Very nice, looks like a good effort from Ford.

Just can't get past the name. They had an opportunity to create a whole new segment of their portfolio with buzz to go with it, and they sully the storied Mustang name with a fake?

Ford was never good at naming cars... wouldn't be surprised if a year or two down the road, they change the name

Interesting, ok, not a problem then. Didn't realize it was an option - I guess that would quality as L1.75 then lol.

Brief searching found no shortage of 24A chargers, or ones with adjustable outputs. Here's one, but there are several others. 24A Level 2 EVSE LCS-30 | ClipperCreek
Not sure if you knew, up here Clipper Creek is rebadged and sold by Sun Country Highway Shop Sun Country Highway EVSE and Accessories
My Elmec EVduty is sold as a 30A unit with current adjustability featured in their manual; email them and they send you the diagram with the DIP switches that will change the current (all the way down to 16A)

We just delivered our dealerships first Rav4 Prime. Pretty sweet for that in-between market that isn't quite ready for all EV all the time. Supply is going to be a huge problem (like most vehicles right now).

Drove it last night for about 5 minutes. The roads were wet so couldn't boot it. Has no roof liner, just a panoramic glass roof - without researching, I assume they've thought about the overhead sun and the heat it can generate inside the cabin. Drives nice but firm. Checked the tire pressures on screen and 36/37 all around - normal for an EV to get range. The screen seemed intuitive enough to find things and it was responsive. No issue in the back seat for my 6' brother-in-law.

Sister mentioned that the Kia Sportage next to it actually rides higher from a driver's perspective - Mach-E is sleek with a lower-than-usual SUV stance.

This is a First Edition btw.

Mach-E.jpg

Nice. I think you'll find that the pano roof is very heavily tinted and is designed to reflect most of the incoming sunlight so that you don't get cooked. Ford does test these things in Arizona as well as Kapuskasing.

Looks better in that pic than the other renders I've seen.

Shame there is no auto show this year. Breaks my heart.

Wish they picked a better spot for the charger door

Reactions: LBV
Seems to be a half decent vehicle, just such a shame they put the mustang name on it imo

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
Agreed. They could’ve named it a million other things but they wanted name recognition.

just like that stupid large sedan....800 or something....that they renamed Taurus to try and bring it buyers.

That is one sexy beast @LBV

Seems to be a half decent vehicle, just such a shame they put the mustang name on it imo

100 percent. I wouldn't be surprised if they change the name in a year or two

In other news GM is supposed to unveil the new Bolt car and suv today.

I hope they are as good looking and interesting as that new Ford. The last effort on their bolt and volt are a disaster style wise

I own a 2020 Mustang Bullitt and my BIL a 90's Mustang Cobra convertible and his father & brother have owned Mustangs as well.

I agree they should not have named it a Mustang but I'm not as purist as some on the Mustang forums who act like Ford pillaged their village and set it on fire - unbelievable the hate but most are Americans so that explains a lot on the extreme position. Reports are already out of the S650 platform being all electric for the Mustang with a hybrid version in-between.

I suspect it's been net positive for Ford when it's all said & done. GM is reportedly bringing out a Corvette branded EV so expect more rage from the purists on that forum.

It's the future but I'll never get rid of the Bullitt - there's something to be said for a V8 manual with a fabulous exhaust note - it puts a smile on my face similar to riding my bike. That kind of tactile and aural joy is not long for this world.

I look forward to 20 years from now when I'm at a car show and the 10 yr old kid asks me to rev the engine and his eyes light up as mine do now. :love:

I own a 2020 Mustang Bullitt and my BIL a 90's Mustang Cobra convertible and his father & brother have owned Mustangs as well.

I agree they should not have named it a Mustang but I'm not as purist as some on the Mustang forums who act like Ford pillaged their village and set it on fire - unbelievable the hate but most are Americans so that explains a lot on the extreme position. Reports are already out of the S650 platform being all electric for the Mustang with a hybrid version in-between.

I suspect it's been net positive for Ford when it's all said & done. GM is reportedly bringing out a Corvette branded EV so expect more rage from the purists on that forum.

It's the future but I'll never get rid of the Bullitt - there's something to be said for a V8 manual with a fabulous exhaust note - it puts a smile on my face similar to riding my bike. That kind of tactile and aural joy is not long for this world.

I look forward to 20 years from now when I'm at a car show and the 10 yr old kid asks me to rev the engine and his eyes light up as mine do now. :love:
then they ask why it takes so long to get 0-60 and that you have to drive it yourself? lame.

?

• Haha
Reactions: LBV
Just when you think it was over.

And then of course, the superb service your big bucks paid for
“The Service Center was quick to assume that something hit the window. Then when I showed them the videos and they could see nothing did in fact hit the window, they turned their blame to the tint. They took no responsibility for the window spontaneously shattering.

No good can come from political or religious discussions on public forums, or around the dinner table. Everyone is convinced their view is the best, and convincing them otherwise is impossible for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom