Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 214 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

I am assuming with the mild weather, they dont burn much conditioning or maintaining battery temp or the like? How long are they happy to sit before they want a top up?

Whenever I know they're going to be sitting for an extended period I only charge them to 80% at most as it's easier on the batteries.

The Volt uses pretty much nothing sitting still unless it's plugged in at which point it'll cool the batteries if they get too hot (really only happens after driving), or heat them if it's too cold out. When it's unplugged it does neither when sitting still, so no use.

The Ioniq does have a "battery maintainer" that automatically tops up the 12V accessory battery when it notices it's voltage has sagged. It seems, from experience (a notice pops up on the dash at the next stop when it's been triggered) that it only happens after 2-3 days. When we were away on our cruise the last week of February I charged the car to exactly 70% and then unplugged it. When we got home the notice about the battery maintenance popped up...but the main battery was still at 70%. So, it seems it could sit for months or years without any issues.

Not sure if this belongs in the investing or EV thread. Tesla stock price:

MW-IC628_tesla__20200319115039_ZG.jpg

That recent insane spike was just that...insane. It crashing back to more reasonable levels was all but inevitable.

They will be lucky to make it out of this alive.
I used to respect Musk but now I think he is just a tool.
Goes on Twitter and tells everyone its just like the flu so he can defy the order to close their factory that he deems an "essential service", putting his whole workforce and their families at risk. Tweets about making ventilators as a PR stunt to prop up his image when everything Ive read says they cant as there is no supply of parts and that Tesla lacks the necessary clean rooms and trained staff to do it.
If we get a large global recession who the hell is going to buy an expensive luxury electric vehicle, especially if rebates keep disappearing and gas is under $2 a gallon?
They are going to burn through cash.

Goes on Twitter and tells everyone its just like the flu so he can defy the order to close their factory that he deems an "essential service", putting his whole workforce and their families at risk. Tweets about making ventilators as a PR stunt to prop up his image when everything Ive read says they cant as there is no supply of parts and that Tesla lacks the necessary clean rooms and trained staff to do it.
If we get a large global recession who the hell is going to buy an expensive luxury electric vehicle, especially if rebates keep disappearing and gas is under $2 a gallon?
Good thing he has lots of deposits to burn through :/

I don't get the Rich Rebuilds thing. Why would Tesla/Elon bother to cancel the fast charging abilities of used vehicles? What could it possibly cost to provide fast charging to these used vehicles? A few tens of thousands, a few hundreds of thousands? Rich Rebuilds has a large audience, as does the guy he referenced in the video ... that's a lot of bad mojo for 100K a year (or thereabouts!).

The problem with being that rich, in my opinion, is the yes men. No one is telling him that the stupid **** he does is just that.

From Tesla's perspective I can see why they are so adamant about nobody touching their cars besides them. Uncle grandad decides he's gonna repair the car, mixes up the red and yellow wires, goes to fast charge and ends up causing a huge fire. Tesla neighsayers jump on it to point out how unsafe electric car tech is, etc.

Not that I agree it is right but you can see why they are the way they are. Especially when they were a smaller company they were one PR nightmare from bankruptcy.

From Tesla's perspective I can see why they are so adamant about nobody touching their cars besides them. Uncle grandad decides he's gonna repair the car, mixes up the red and yellow wires, goes to fast charge and ends up causing a huge fire. Tesla neighsayers jump on it to point out how unsafe electric car tech is, etc.

Not that I agree it is right but you can see why they are the way they are. Especially when they were a smaller company they were one PR nightmare from bankruptcy.
High voltage wiring is no more dangerous than some idiot hooking the fuel return line to the oil cooler. If you don't understand how it works and where things go, you shouldn't be touching it (yet alone being paid to touch it).

High voltage wiring is no more dangerous than some idiot hooking the fuel return line to the oil cooler. If you don't understand how it works and where things go, you shouldn't be touching it (yet alone being paid to touch it).

When they asked BMW why they made the hood of the i8 so you needed 2 people to open it they said "You have no business being under the hood, anyway. There's things under it that can kill you."

It is being reported that Tesla bought 1255 ventilators from China and had them shipped here. So I would say he is doing more then most to help out.

It is being reported that Tesla bought 1255 ventilators from China and had them shipped here. So I would say he is doing more then most to help out.
I am not sure I would consider redistributing vital health care resources from where they are needed to where they are more valuable to be entirely helpful.

If he could pull another crazy idea out of his ass to bring an entirely new stream of ventilators online, big thumbs up. What about 02 through bellows, through hepa to patients? Sure, may not be perfectly medical grade, but better than sedate and die. Ventilator manufacturers argue much of the magic is in the software. Software is elon's thing (and btw f=_÷/ you to the ventilator manufacturers for using that to suppress possible alternatives).

If the supply chain for ventilators is truly maxed out, what about ecmo, is there room there? Not sure if you do ecmo for a week.

I am not sure I would consider redistributing vital health care resources from where they are needed to where they are more valuable to be entirely helpful.

If he could pull another crazy idea out of his ass to bring an entirely new stream of ventilators online, big thumbs up. What about 02 through bellows, through hepa to patients? Sure, may not be perfectly medical grade, but better than sedate and die. Ventilator manufacturers argue much of the magic is in the software. Software is elon's thing (and btw f=_÷/ you to the ventilator manufacturers for using that to suppress possible alternatives).

If the supply chain for ventilators is truly maxed out, what about ecmo, is there room there? Not sure if you do ecmo for a week.

I see your point. I’m not going to claim I know what the ventilator situation is currently in China. For all I know they have a legitmate over supply and sold them off....or someone sold them to Tesla out the back door. I can say there is a shortage in the U.S. and he’s been one of the few able to provide more. I think it’s a good thing. To each their own however and like I said I see your point.

Obviously being able to turn around and manufacture a large quantity of them quickly would be the best scenario.

I don’t have anywhere near the understanding of how one works to comment on your second paragraph.

Grumble.

I think they are getting better ... but it's still not right. The tailgate fitment is way off (it's far enough out of whack that I wonder if the seals are actually sealing all the way around). Interior parts don't fit well.

I would forgive a lot of these little things on a cheap car ... but not on something in that price range.

I like the idea of the Model Y. Performance and handling seem to be good. The 5 door hatch body style is the best. I think the visual proportions are good. I like the blacked-out trim. Has a heat pump for interior heating ... good idea. But the company that builds them ... ! ! !

Grumble.

I think they are getting better ... but it's still not right. The tailgate fitment is way off (it's far enough out of whack that I wonder if the seals are actually sealing all the way around). Interior parts don't fit well.

I would forgive a lot of these little things on a cheap car ... but not on something in that price range.

I like the idea of the Model Y. Performance and handling seem to be good. The 5 door hatch body style is the best. I think the visual proportions are good. I like the blacked-out trim. Has a heat pump for interior heating ... good idea. But the company that builds them ... ! ! !

The video felt like a 10 min advertisement for this guy's detail services. I bailed after 3 minutes. Brilliant marketing.

Sure...but there was plenty of photographic evidence.
Since when does Sunny care about evidence? Conjecture is his game.

Back
Top Bottom