Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 216 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Since this thread also encompasses Tesla/Self-driving, here is a long NTSB investigation video on Tesla ignoring all of their recommendations on self-driving (well really, the lack thereof at this point).

Watching through it now. It's amazing. Autopilot steered the car onto the bullnose. Then it interpreted the bullnose as an open lane with no traffic ahead and sped up from 61 to 71 mph (trying to get to 75). No activation of collision avoidance or emergency braking. Just plowed straight into the concrete barrier.

Time to give credit where credit is due. Tesla's "mega-casting" for the structure underneath the rear section of the Model Y bodyshell is ingenious. It's made from two incredibly huge and complex aluminum castings and one simple aluminum stamping, but it saves a whole bunch of bits and pieces and a lot of welding.

Another one that may belong in the investing thread but because its Tesla related. . .

Musk tweeted that the stock price was too high and triggered a 10% drop. How do people own this crap? It's financial future is literally controlled by a madman? Can the SEC completely ban someone from making public statements? He has been fined before for making statements that affected the value of the stock.

Lost a lot of respect for Musk in the last few weeks with all his "Covid is just the flu" and other Trump level BS.

With some of his tweets one is left wondering what sort of psychedelic recreationals he's on half the time.

Elon-Musk-Smoking-Weed-With-Joe-Rogan-Sparks-Controversy.jpg

I suspect he's on something far stronger than just weed sometimes. ;)

I like a lot of things about Tesla's cars. I don't like the company, I don't like the way they operate, I don't like the stock, and I think Musk is his own worst enemy ... company wouldn't exist without him, and in some ways has survived in spite of him.

meh, I tend to ignore all the "noise" and just focus on the product.

sort of like most rock star's, many of them are losers on a personal level, but their product (music) is outstanding....

meh, I tend to ignore all the "noise" and just focus on the product.

sort of like most rock star's, many of them are losers on a personal level, but their product (music) is outstanding....
damn, this was probably the best thing you've ever said.

How many rock stars have submarined their label to the tune of $18B in one day with a single Tweet?

Lots of rock stars have destroyed their careers and their bands as well by doing stupid things.

So there’s that.

Lots of rock stars have destroyed their careers and their bands as well by doing stupid things.

So there’s that.

That goes without saying. It doesn't make Sunny's analogy any less stupid.

Musk has elevated himself real high on the wanker list.

Last edited:
Musk has elevated himself real high on the wanker list.
Well that's the upside to a factory in a tent. Just hire unemployed circus workers to move it.

Back
Top Bottom