Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 207 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

If they could have.. they would have?
May be they did the test the way they did.. because they had to.. to "win"
It just seems implausible. That particular test heavily favors an EV drive train. I don't know what they would have to screw up to need to cheat against ICE. If they wanted to test range while towing however, they would need to nudge a lot of things in their favor (like an ice engine in the trailer powering the wheels).

It just seems implausible. That particular test heavily favors an EV drive train. I don't know what they would have to screw up to need to cheat against ICE. If they wanted to test range while towing however, they would need to nudge a lot of things in their favor (like an ice engine in the trailer powering the wheels).

Huge torque doesn't mean anything if you can't put it to the ground...
Both those vehicles are capable of pulling the other.. the first one to break traction loses.
That test, or display, was done in a way that made sure the Ford broke first.

Huge torque doesn't mean anything if you can't put it to the ground...
Both those vehicles are capable of pulling the other.. the first one to break traction loses.
That test, or display, was done in a way that made sure the Ford broke first.
It's simple to write software for the EV that applies maximum torque without breaking the wheels free. This force can be updated many times a second. It even works if the CT is rolling backwards already, just apply maximum torque to slow down the F150. F150 to generate gobs of torque needs to rev up. That time difference should be enough to win on its own. It will be very interesting to see how it plays out once these are in the wild and a test is conducted with similar tires and tire pressures. Differences in tires alone could determine the winner and loser in a marketing stunt.

It's simple to write software for the EV that applies maximum torque without breaking the wheels free. This force can be updated many times a second. It even works if the CT is rolling backwards already, just apply maximum torque to slow down the F150. F150 to generate gobs of torque needs to rev up. That time difference should be enough to win on its own. It will be very interesting to see how it plays out once these are in the wild and a test is conducted with similar tires and tire pressures. Differences in tires alone could determine the winner and loser in a marketing stunt.

It is a work in progress.. May be it's not that sorted.. yet.
I don't know, I just think there must be a reason they used a 2WD and ran it the way they did.

It is a work in progress.. May be it's not that sorted.. yet.
I don't know, I just think there must be a reason they used a 2WD and ran it the way they did.

All that’s missing is the fine print closed course conditions under controlled circumstances. do not try this yourself at the bottom of the screen

any of you EV fellas have a look at the British press article on the state of the mines in the Congo? 4-10 yr olds are used to mine cobalt since they fit into the tiny spaces in the mine. The congo is the worlds largest source of cobalt for EV batteries , the material is shipped to China for battery product. Zero safety equipment, no statistics on the death toll since its , Africa, whole families work for stupidly low wages. Clean energy, not so clean cut.

Do you even science, bro?

49127118407_27a40125c5_b.jpg

I remember doing a stunt like this with my brother-in-law. I have a Suburban 3500 7.4l gas, he bought a new 2500 Silverado with a Duramax diesel pickup. I made him cry by dragged his new pickup around like a puppy on a leash. It only happened because I had 2000lbs on him and could keep the fires from spinning.

Tesla truck owners will need to wear a paper bag on the road.

I can't decide if I like it...just a little bit. Or hate it.

But once again Tesla has embarrassed itself:

- The tug of war was outright silly pitting a 4WD heavy EV with fat tires against a 2WD pickup with skinny street tires. People saw expectedly right through it, and laughed hysterically

- Touting presale numbers when reality is it's a ~$100 cost that's entirely refundable is nuts. A huge percentage of those numbers will never translate to an actual sale.

- It'll never roll off the line in it's current form. Already government agencies are mentioning that there's no way it will meet pedestrian safety standards, to mention but one really important bit.

Back
Top Bottom