Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 206 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

From what I've read, the deposits are interest-free loans to Tesla:

Also, good luck getting your interest-free loan (deposit) back from Tesla:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...stomers-grouse-as-deposit-refunds-take-months

Exactly. It’s a liability on their financial reporting.

A deposit is a debt that Tesla owes to their customers. Where I work we get deposits for bigger projects and none of those deposits are considered revenue until at least some of the work has been completed. Until then it’s a liability on our books.

Tesla is using money it doesn’t have to cash flow their current operations. There’s a name for that kind of “scheme”

Hmmm.... Unibody construction and a boxy silhouette I've seen before, especially if you squint at that side profile.

Yep. As per usual,. Honda was ahead of it's time with the first gen Ridgeline billed as a "lifestyle" pick up just as Elon is billing this truck as.

Some pics even depict a 2 wheeler in the back. Just like the Honda promo images from years ago.
Ahead of it's time? Maybe ahead of your time. I can think of several open bed pickups without floating boxes that predated the Ridgeline. The first 3 are unibody.
1574542952757.png1574543028776.png

1574543477383.png1574543128686.png

More framed, but with non floating boxes.
1574543192009.png1574543237335.png1574542846609.png

Ahead of it's time? Maybe ahead of your time. I can think of several open bed pickups without floating boxes that predated the Ridgeline. The first 3 are unibody.

Your post is going to need more of these.

anc-005c-cat-2010-1200x728.jpg

So... How much $ is Tesla sitting on for deposits for vehicles yet to start production?

Y production is on the foreseeable horizon, so perhaps grant them that.

Semi? What happened to it? (My guess is that range did not meet acceptable minimums when hauling real loads on real roads with real drivers)

And now this one. I'm curious to see what happens when people find out that the range when towing a big trailer is a quarter of what it is unloaded (which it probably will be).

So... How much $ is Tesla sitting on for deposits for vehicles yet to start production?

Y production is on the foreseeable horizon, so perhaps grant them that.

Semi? What happened to it? (My guess is that range did not meet acceptable minimums when hauling real loads on real roads with real drivers)

And now this one. I'm curious to see what happens when people find out that the range when towing a big trailer is a quarter of what it is unloaded (which it probably will be).

I would guess $40-50 million in deposit liability.

Over 200K in pre-orders now and rising. Buh-bye Ford...

That is not a contest that can be won by a conventional truck. Tesla probably outweighs it by a lot so that already gives it a big leg up, then off the line, it probably has something like 5 to10x the torque. It's showmanship but it was never a contest.

That is not a contest that can be won by a conventional truck. Tesla probably outweighs it by a lot so that already gives it a big leg up, then off the line, it probably has something like 5 to10x the torque. It's showmanship but it was never a contest.

2WD vs. 4WD, and a nice head start to boot. Laughable results, at best.

Wait till you see the Porsche beating acceleration tests....

2WD vs. 4WD, and a nice head start to boot. Laughable results, at best.
Yeah, I am confused. I strongly suspect they could have used a 4wd ford, given it a head start and then destroyed it with the CT. I am surprised they didn't give the ford every advantage in the interest of putting on a good show.

Hell, they could do a drag race against a raptor at the same time and the CT has a decent chance of winning while pulling the F150 as long as the F150 doesn't use the brakes.

Last edited:
Wait till you see the Porsche beating acceleration tests....
I guess we’ll have to wait until May or so to see it beat the Taycan’s time at the Ring

Yeah, I am confused. I strongly suspect they could have used a 4wd ford, given it a head start and then destroyed it with the CT. I am surprised they didn't give the ford every advantage in the interest of putting on a good show.

Hell, they could do a drag race against a raptor at the same time and the CT has a decent chance of winning while pulling the F150 as long as the F150 doesn't use the brakes.

If they could have.. they would have?
May be they did the test the way they did.. because they had to.. to "win"

Back
Top Bottom