Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 184 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Time for giving credit where it is due. Tesla has done an excellent job on suspension and steering design and calibration.

A rather substantial part of the pickup-truck market wants the V8 rumble and lifted suspension and macho image. EVs will be a tough sell to that segment.

Most people who buy a heavy-duty pickup truck, don't need one.

Like the other fella said, use an existing frame and package the electric components wisely, maybe none of the additional parts will intrude on aftermarket parts?
And with a frame that is designed from the getgo like the Rivian, I think the ground clearance without all the regular drivetrain stuff will be stellar. Would a pure EV frame/powertrain still require the low hanging rear diff housing? If not, that's like a 6" gain in rear ground clearance.

For those missing the sound of a combustion engine, I'd grab one of those $15 gimmicky cigarette lighter plugins that transmit engine noises over FM as a gag gift during secret santa!

The most packaging-friendly way to do an EV powertrain is to use independent suspension with the motor and gearbox attached to the subframe in the middle and driving through CV joints. Tesla is like that but so is Rivian. No diff hanging down but also it frees up the whole space normally allocated for the drive shaft to bounce around in, for batteries. Rivian chassis is like that. The catch...the lifted suspension crowd won't like the IRS.

Yes, although they are still centrally mounted (on the chassis) and driving through CV-jointed halfshafts. It doesn't affect the overall packaging.

On my Gen2 Volt, I've seen 111 km of available range the past 2 mornings after a full overnight charge. ?

The catch...the lifted suspension crowd won't like the IRS.

I don't think Rivan is remotely concerned with the hitch nuts crowd.

I don't think Rivan is remotely concerned with the hitch nuts crowd.

Neither do I, but people buy lots of these trucks because of the image that they project.

I’ve read that Ford doesn’t consider Ranger sales as lost F150 sales. People who buy Rangers (or Tacomas, Frontiers, etc) for the most part aren’t potential half ton buyers.

The same could probably be said about potential Rivian buyers. They’re a totally different target market.

Oh, and 3.48 as of yesterday. Drove from my place to Grand Bend motorplex and back. Personal best of 72km on battery. (9.8kWh).

I broke 8km/kWh yesterday!!

353e0f5d19cc61ff6f0f9dfb46508f01.jpg

There should be a check box at the Tesla-approved body shop that asked if you are a YouTube/social media influencer. If yes, priority service.

There should be a check box at the Tesla-approved body shop that asked if you are a YouTube/social media influencer. If yes, priority service.

"We have two quotes for you. One to fix the accident damage, and one to fix the accident damage and all the stuff they effed up at the factory."

Ohh boy.

Somewhere in the couple hundred pages of this thread, I mentioned that I had some involvement with an experimental hydrogen filling station (off-road application). The company that installed this - which is a name you would all recognise - has not proceeded with any further installations, to my knowledge. It was expensive.

Hydrogen is hard to deal with. It leaks, it has wide explosivity limits, you can't smell it or see it (odorants used with natural gas will poison the catalysts used in a fuel cell), it needs extremely high pressure or extremely low temperature to store it.

oh, It definitely happened, but investigators haven't found out why yet.

but that isn't the issue. If you compare the two articles between elektrek and the Norway one there is a clear spin for obvious reasons on Electreks part :

False journalism, fake news, propaganda, embellishment, twisting, distorting, whatever you want to call it. It applies here to Elektreks article. Sorry.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom