Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 416 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Read that now Tesla is giving you the option of having a round steering wheel as well as the yoke on the Model S & X.

IMO in Canada I want a vehicle I can operate all features with my gloves on, getting in, getting out, using controls. Obviously this is not an issue for year around warm climates and once the car is warm not as large an issue for interior items.

One of my largest pet peeves are vehicles that I need to use the touch screen to do any of the climate control items, specially heated seats. I want the heated seats on because it is freezing cold, WTF...I need to take off my gloves. First world problems.... and no I don't want to have to use special gloves.
No reason to wear gloves in a tesla. You turn on the heat with the app a few mins before you get in, everything is warm.

No reason to wear gloves in a tesla. You turn on the heat with the app a few mins before you get in, everything is warm.
That was one of the nice things about the Volt (or any of my auto cars). Turn it on remotely, wait for warmup and then get into a nice warm car.

Froze my *** off this morning while the GTI warmed up.

That was one of the nice things about the Volt (or any of my auto cars). Turn it on remotely, wait for warmup and then get into a nice warm car.

Froze my *** off this morning while the GTI warmed up.
Many years ago I had an Audi 1.8T Sedan, my first car with leather seats. I was working afternoon shift at the time so getting off at midnight and I remember clearly that after experiencing cold leather seats once I would rather turn the car on and hop out and wait for the seats/interior to heat up before climbing in. I was miserable out in the cold, but sitting on cold ass leather was even more miserable.

Many years ago I had an Audi 1.8T Sedan, my first car with leather seats. I was working afternoon shift at the time so getting off at midnight and I remember clearly that after experiencing cold leather seats once I would rather turn the car on and hop out and wait for the seats/interior to heat up before climbing in. I was miserable out in the cold, but sitting on cold ass leather was even more miserable.
I may be looking for a new (to me) EV to replace the GTI lol....maybe...

Whatever I can swap out for a 2021 GTI Autobahn with 23,000kms on it...

I assume this was summer and you were wearing shorts.

Read that now Tesla is giving you the option of having a round steering wheel as well as the yoke on the Model S & X.
they went backwards. default is round and now you pay extra for the yoke. (good riddance)

does no one else use auto climate in their cars?
yes, there's still always a time when you need to adjust for defog or just some more airflow but 90% of the time in my cars with autoclimate, I don't touch knobs. Including heated seats, steering wheel and wipers in the 3.

they went backwards. default is round and now you pay extra for the yoke. (good riddance)

yes, there's still always a time when you need to adjust for defog or just some more airflow but 90% of the time in my cars with autoclimate, I don't touch knobs. Including heated seats, steering wheel and wipers in the 3.
It drives me nuts when I drive my wife's car it has auto and she always has the strangest settings with the auto turned off.

Sent from the future

Audi seats warm up pretty fast, especially when they're turned up to high.
Not VW...not the GTI anyway.

Don't think I've ever used the 'auto' climate control setting.

Speaking of fun...where would one go to look at used Teslas? Checked new for kicks...and bleh...pricing is ludicrous for anything less than 50k on the clock.

What other options are there in the sub-40k market that have a solid 300km range in the cold?

In cooling mode in the Bolt, auto works fine. When outside temp is below inside temp, first of all I usually don't want the temperature the same because I'm usually wearing more, but also it does strange things, probably because it's trying to defrost/defog when not necessary. I punch "auto" then press "heat", which (mostly) takes the often-wrong decisions to over-use air-con and under-use heat and over-use fan speed out of its hands. It still leaves auto control of heated seats and steering wheel in place, and all of that works well, and this way the temperature regulation works better because it's not trying to fight it with unnecessary air-con use.

It drives me nuts when I drive my wife's car it has auto and she always has the strangest settings with the auto turned off.

Sent from the future
my wife is exactly the same. 'it's too stuffy with auto.' is always her answer.

Not VW...not the GTI anyway.

Don't think I've ever used the 'auto' climate control setting.

Speaking of fun...where would one go to look at used Teslas? Checked new for kicks...and bleh...pricing is ludicrous for anything less than 50k on the clock.

What other options are there in the sub-40k market that have a solid 300km range in the cold?

kijiji, autotrader, apparently facebook marketplace is where the young people sell stuff nowadays also.

Real World EV Ranges done at 70mph. Realistically you would only need long range doing highway. Anything city would give you more range anyways.

Most of the previously mentioned EVs would easily do 300 even taking into account cold weather efficiency. But biggest question is 300 one way or is that round trip?

Might be biased, but if you plan to do distance regularly and don't want to route plan with headaches, Tesla is still the answer with their charging network.

my wife is exactly the same. 'it's too stuffy with auto.' is always her answer.

kijiji, autotrader, apparently facebook marketplace is where the young people sell stuff nowadays also.

Real World EV Ranges done at 70mph. Realistically you would only need long range doing highway. Anything city would give you more range anyways.

Most of the previously mentioned EVs would easily do 300 even taking into account cold weather efficiency. But biggest question is 300 one way or is that round trip?

Might be biased, but if you plan to do distance regularly and don't want to route plan with headaches, Tesla is still the answer with their charging network.
Thanks! Was more thinking if there's a specific dealer for used EVs. The only one I can recall is SHIFT. They started in Etobicoke and now are out on the west end further out.

300km return (Wasaga and back) is my primary requirement. If I go to my buddy's cottage it's 250km one way...but can charge 120V for 3 days while up there.

So far I've seen the following under consideration: Kona EV, Niro EV, Bolt EUV/EV.

I'm keeping the Teslas off the list due to cost, and for some reason I have an aversion to buying Teslas used....not sure why.

and for some reason I have an aversion to buying Teslas used....not sure why.
As a start, you don't know what you are buying. Their continued meddling with second hand vehicles to remove options that they were originally purchased with is crazy. A purchased option should follow the car through its life.

As a start, you don't know what you are buying. Their continued meddling with second hand vehicles to remove options that they were originally purchased with is crazy. A purchased option should follow the car through its life.
I would just assume no options are there, regardless of what the salesman tells me.

Just saw an option from Mazda....MX-30 EV...with a total range of less than 100mi...turd.

Boss is looking at used Polestar 2's .... around $50k for a couple of years old and 400km in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom