Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 244 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

I'm presuming I know who you're all talking to. I see nothing has changed. Still on my blocklist. The thread is a lot more enjoyable now.

Its ok my friend, I dismissed you (and skip over your comments on every thread) a loooooong time ago since you made a whole whack of cockamamie remarks about the seriousness of Coronavirus in the first few pages of the Corona thread, where you went on with incessant blabbing on and about how "safe" cruises were and Corona wasn't to be taken seriously blah blah blah. LOL

start at page 1of the corona thread, the ridiculousness and your overall ignorance is stomach churning.... (post 31 for example among many)

Last edited:
Volkswagen ID4 first drive. This is how it's done.
but does it go 0-60 in 2 seconds and have a roof removal feature?

no?

Musk ain't sweating.

but does it go 0-60 in 2 seconds and have a roof removal feature?

no?

Musk ain't sweating.
Watched a Supercar Blondie vid yesterday with the new Vette. Hilarious watching her unlatch and try to stow the roof. Still junk.

My only objection to the ID4 is that it's too big for what I need. The ID3 is a nice size, but we're not getting that.

Those sneaky Germans are at it again...Curious as to why the id4 has drum brakes rear? (At least on the pre production model) hello 1970s

Yeah I guess Elon is not worried after all...

Last edited:
Intentional design choice. EVs don't rely on their brakes much - particularly in that application; rear braking is expected to be mostly regenerative. Drum brakes are less prone to getting all corroded and seized in that situation.

Intentional design choice. EVs don't rely on their brakes much - particularly in that application; rear braking is expected to be mostly regenerative. Drum brakes are less prone to getting all corroded and seized in that situation.

perhaps, but I noticed reviewers from different sources described the brakes as squishy, mushy and definitely a weak point.

unless its porky weight is to blame, its many pounds heavier than the Tesla Y its pitted against.

I cant stand her.

Same. I watched one video and realized it's all about "hot chick" and not anything at all to do with "who has any idea what she's talking about 95% of the time". About 3 minutes in I was so infuriated that I had to turn it off.

That was enough of that nonsense.

what could go wrong?

I am pretty sure Tesla will be in violation of FMVSS or SAE design standards.

edit: I found another article that explains the no-stalks. The steering wheel/yoke has subtle "buttons" - basically touch-sensors - for the turn signal, high-beam selection, wiper activation, etc that are mandated to exist. Being on the steering wheel is apparently not new, Ferrari has done that (shows how much I pay attention to those) and it's apparently allowed. I also spotted the subtle "button" (mandated to exist) for 4-way flashers, and apparently the forward/reverse/park "buttons" are there somewhere, just hard to see.

It also seems that NHTSA has never mandated that the steering wheel has to be "round" or any other shape ... as long as it fulfills crash requirements. So, perhaps Tesla "can" make a steering control like this. The bigger question is whether they "should".

Last edited:

They're going full retard. Never go full retard.
What the hell. This fake self-driving insanity has to be stopped (on public roads, in controlled testing I'm all for it). Either the car is doing the thinking or the driver is. Saying it is the drivers problem but then having the car make all the decisions is beyond idiotic. Nothing says fun like 0-60 in 2 seconds but you are in reverse because the car saw a snowflake.

Last edited:

They're going full retard. Never go full retard.

Pretty sure that's why the Cybertruck has been MIA since it's big introduction.

Being able to make something and show it off is cool and all...but actually being able to meet regulations necessary to mass produce them and sell to the public is something entirely different. I'm sure that reality is setting in now where the Cybertruck is going to have to change all sorts of things to meet standards.

I'm reminded of the Lamborghini Countach back in it's day - the front end didn't meet north american safety standards for front collision so they had to add a front bumper.

1611887148597.png

Of course, most people removed it in short order...

1611887206968.png

Back
Top Bottom