Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 237 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

there's a lot to be said for 'relaxing' on public transit for a 2 hour commute home. But man, 4 hrs is a lot of your day to be spent doing nothing.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that your renumeration level made it worth it, whereas the same may not be said for a lackey making considerably less.

But I don't think I could hack 3-4 hours of my day being lost to commuting, regardless if it was sitting on public transit and able to watch movies or whatever.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that your renumeration level made it worth it, whereas the same may not be said for a lackey making considerably less.

But I don't think I could hack 3-4 hours of my day being lost to commuting, regardless if it was sitting on public transit and able to watch movies or whatever.
hmmm no i started at minimum wage there as a temp (not even contract, so no benefits), coming off about 7 years as a security guard. But i saw the potential and worked my way to a contract position in metal stamping, then into the front office where i currently reside.

But i saw the potential

This was me 20 years ago when I started working as a temp for the place I'm still at.

Some kids got drive. Some, not so much. My daughter takes after me and is a go-getter...and in her spare time has little hobbies and businesses that make her some side coin. She put her sewing machine to work and got into the mask-making thing in late March and made herself enough money to buy a new (used) car as well as a new high end digital camera, and he still does stuff to make coin on the side. And that's between working full time last summer and now being back to college.

My son on the other hand....ugh, lets not get started. Motivation is not his forte. Great kid, just.....would really like to just hang out and play video games all night and sleep all day, and is currently unemployed because he had some new job he was supposed to be starting and rushed to quit his current job before the new job was confirmed. And then the new job didn't happen.

We will be having some tough discussions in the new year. We are tiring of this.

This was me 20 years ago when I started working as a temp for the place I'm still at.

Some kids got drive. Some, not so much. My daughter takes after me and is a go-getter...and in her spare time has little hobbies and businesses that make her some side coin. She put her sewing machine to work and got into the mask-making thing in late March and made herself enough money to buy a new (used) car as well as a new high end digital camera, and he still does stuff to make coin on the side. And that's between working full time last summer and now being back to college.

My son on the other hand....ugh, lets not get started. Motivation is not his forte. Great kid, just.....would really like to just hang out and play video games all night and sleep all day, and is currently unemployed because he had some new job he was supposed to be starting and rushed to quit his current job before the new job was confirmed. And then the new job didn't happen.

We will be having some tough discussions in the new year. We are tiring of this.
i've been your son, a few times over. i like to say i was born in the wrong generation, i was very, very good at video games back in the 90's and early 2000's. went to a few WCG tournaments, etc, etc. Anywho, back then only a handful of people on the planet were getting paid to play games, c'est la vie.

my parents kicked me out once, basically gave me a date and said be gone by then, although i was holding down a job at the time. some people do well when backed into a corner, others do not. last time i checked most fast food places were hiring, especially for the hours he seems to prefer getting stuff done. a few months of sweating over fries might remind him just how good the potential gains were to be made in welding/trades/whatever.

one thing everyone eventually figures out; learning the hard way or the easy way translates over to making bucks.

... and how long has he been saying that for?
... and is it going to work in a snowstorm? Level 5 means it has to work any time without intervention of the driver aside from the driver setting a destination.

I look outside right now. The driveway, and my van, are covered in snow. I haven't shovelled the driveway yet. If this were hypothetically Elon Musk's Level 5 self driving, is it going to clear itself off and shovel the driveway for itself? How much is it going to complain before it will allow itself to move?

(it ain't gonna work unless all the cameras and other sensors are clear ... and if snow/ice build up on them while driving, then what?)

Level 5 means NO DRIVER INTERVENTION.

I think we need to wait for level 95 before it actually works perfectly in real world conditions.

Surprised they’d go with Hyundai vs Magna.

Hyundai makes decent cars (we own an Ioniq of course) but there will be people who will call any Apple car “just a Hyundai with an Apple emblem on it” when it’s said and done.

Surprised they’d go with Hyundai vs Magna.

Hyundai makes decent cars (we own an Ioniq of course) but there will be people who will call any Apple car “just a Hyundai with an Apple emblem on it” when it’s said and done.
Maybe they are hoping their name on it is sufficient for the majority. Their phone is just a foxconn with an apple emblem on it. Apple isn't dumb, they run huge margins. It may not have been possible to get the margins they wanted with Magna or Multi.

Apple ain't dumb but neither are those crafty Koreans.

I'd still run from any Hyundai product. They are cheap for a reason.

Although they have come a long way (they really had no choice if they were going to survive) they still have a shoddy history of build quality and spotty reliability. Remember the Pony and Stellar? Cars like that will always be in their DNA. They were never built for quality from day 1. Just cheap prices to gain market share. Same with today's models.

My relatives Sante fe is on the shop for a new engine. My former banker who is manager for a Hyundai dealer now says his shop is full of vehicles waiting for new engines

Have fun with all that Apple...

Although they have come a long way (they really had no choice if they were going to survive) they still have a shoddy history of build quality and spotty reliability. Remember the Pony and Stellar? Cars like that will always be in their DNA. They were never built for quality from day 1. Just cheap prices to gain market share. Same with today's models.

My relatives Sante fe is on the shop for a new engine. My former banker who is manager for a Hyundai dealer now says his shop is full of vehicles waiting for new engines

Good thing they dont need their engines for this program.

Truth

Hyundai's turbo motors are really flaky

Back
Top Bottom