Any Exotic Car Owners on GTAM? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any Exotic Car Owners on GTAM?

15 year old Forester XT?
Millennials in Subaru's love my winter beater
they're always rolling down their windows to pump the wicked sign at me
That's because they know a properly built one can blow the doors off many so called exotic cars. Well, at least until the head gasket blows up.

Reactions: J_F
Should be interesting to see what people's definition of "exotic" is.
If this goes down the same path as the "sports car" thread, we are in for many pages of debate.

Exotic is an interesting category. @Mina, what do you consider exotic? Price, power, sound, limited availability? Many current run of the mill cars will destroy exotics of not that long ago in every category except the teenage woody category. Are you thinking classic exotic or modern?

On GTAM, we have a cobra rep, some nice porsches and some teslas but since stb left, I don't know if we have any traditional exotics (well at least not people that have openly disclosed what they have).

Well, at least until the head gasket blows up.

Yup happened to ours. In the shop every year for something. The most expensive car to own we have ever had over the 8 years we owned it. Never again.

Noice. I see a F355 in the back there as well.

Also, is that a Testarossa/512TR parked in front of you? Got any shots of that?

Yep, 355 and 512. Shot was taken at an exotic car "fun run" several years ago. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the Ferraris. There were all kinds of rare cars there that day.....

Exotics as in Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, the right Porsche, etc...
Although a lot more common, I would also consider the likes of the R8 and the i8 to be exotic as well.

The 997.2 Turbo S (@Shaman) has really, really, really... grew on me.

I know value is a relative term but for resale purposes, which do you think holds a better resale value and would likely sell faster? I'd like to buy something like an LP XXX Gallardo as they can be had fairly cheap but I also want to be able to sell it quick and make a profit if possible (I am not a curbsider lol).

I'm thinking Porsche is probably the way to go.

Last edited:
If "exotic" is determined by "not many out there / not something you see very often", my first gen Volt would classify.

The fact it's a 2011 which was never actually ever sold in Canada, extra cachet?

Bonus points for being the 11'th production Volt that rolled off the line, I discovered a few months back....?

(I'll show myself out) . ;)

I would class exotic as high end import generally but not exclusively European.
Lamborghini, Ferrari, Pagani, maybe Lotus, some of the rarer Porsche or BMW

Not Corvette or Viper, not a 911 or M3 and surly not a Cobra Replica
probably not a Volt even if it’s a rare import

If "exotic" is determined by "not many out there / not something you see very often", my first gen Volt would classify.

Uh, no.

Not exotic, but something you don't see too often. There's only 9 of them in NA.

49412101846_179468e0a6_b.jpg

sell it quick and make a profit if possible (I am not a curbsider lol).

The market for people who have the means to throw down $100K cash on a toy is quite small; and they ALL low ball much worse than the casual used Ducati buyer.

You'll be better served buying a sports car you like and putting the difference in the S&P500.
Guaranteed to come out ahead.

That said there are a few cars that are on the upward swing.. Lotus Esprit, Ferrari 360 manual.
One major maintenance issue will run you into the 10's of 000s which you won't recoup through appreciation for years.

Porsche market is very over inflated at this point and they are only ramping up production on newer models.. Unless you're willing to drop big money on pre 1995 models and/or get a steal on the 991 turbo.

probably not a Volt even if it’s a rare import

My “submission” was entirely tongue in cheek, although you’d be surprised at how many people do double takes on the Volt. For a lot of people it’s the first time they’re ever seen one.

Back
Top Bottom