Any Exotic Car Owners on GTAM? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any Exotic Car Owners on GTAM?

Well that’s how that car came to be. It was always my dream car and I new I was never going to have the coin for a real one. My Father and I purchased this one in need of some repairs about 11 years ago. We had the space, we made the time and learnt a lot about what you can accomplish by just doing it. We had a lot of help and encouragement from the gtamc Mustang forum along the way. Neither my dad or myself had even changed oil when we started. Sorry to derail your thread.

Making money on toy cars can be very difficult but can be done.
while we were building the Cobra my dad and I bought and sold around 17 toy cars, truck and bikes. Never any exotics, mostly classics.
The Porsche bubble can’t keep going and will likely take a hit.
The Gallardo will not likely hold its value as well as past Lambos as they have made more Gallardo than all other past Lamborghini before it. Although if you can find a manual trans the buy that.
Lotus Esprit would be a good find.
Not exotic but 2019 C7 Corvette is a great car and the last front engine rwd Corvette.
1993 Mustang Cobra R going for over $100,000 with only 107 made is a bit steep for a Mustang
1995Mustang Cobra is on the rise obviously the R is the one to aim for. With only 250 made
2000 Mustang Cobra R also very rare at 300 units sells for over $100,000 I know a guy with one of these that has 27 original miles.
Cheaper and easier to find is the 03/04 Cobras
The 2003 10th ani Mustang Cobra would be another keeper with only 2003 produced.
All Vipers bust especially 1st gen vipers are another good bet as they have that manual trans no tc analog raw feel that the original Cobra had. Won’t see another 8L v10 NA American sports car. Especially one that hairy.
Any doubters can just look at the 1956 T birds are dropping because that demographic is aging out of the car hobby and rare or clean examples of the throw away Fox body 79/93 Mustang are bringing over 15G.
Others on the rise are Japanese sports cars from 1990’s and trucks
square body Chev or the SVT Lightning from Ford
Dodge did a 2? Year run of Rams with viper v10 the regular cab had manual 6spd that’s the one to have imo.

but I guess this long winded post is all just my opinion.

Last edited:
Exotics as in Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, the right Porsche, etc...
Although a lot more common, I would also consider the likes of the R8 and the i8 to be exotic as well.

The 997.2 Turbo S (@Shaman) has really, really, really... grew on me.

I know value is a relative term but for resale purposes, which do you think holds a better resale value and would likely sell faster? I'd like to buy something like an LP XXX Gallardo as they can be had fairly cheap but I also want to be able to sell it quick and make a profit if possible (I am not a curbsider lol).

I'm thinking Porsche is probably the way to go.

If you can find a good clean example. the first gen NSX is appreciating pretty well.

If you can find a good clean example. the first gen NSX is appreciating pretty well.
When I bought my f150 in Apr 2010, I had a chance to buy their (on parkdale) 06 Ford GT with under 1000 miles for $126k.
I snoozed.

I know value is a relative term but for resale purposes, which do you think holds a better resale value and would likely sell faster? I'd like to buy something like an LP XXX Gallardo as they can be had fairly cheap but I also want to be able to sell it quick and make a profit if possible (I am not a curbsider lol).

I'm thinking Porsche is probably the way to go.

What's the game plan here? Your a car dealer right? I'Il assume put one in inventory for a few months and sell before the summer is over. That can work out fine but a couple things to think about. If it is an exotic do it with something new enough that has warranty, a $20,000 hiccup will have you the wrong way in no time. Someone rear ends you at a red light and your going to end up with a big insurance claim, again would put you way upside down.

Well I don't consider it exotic a 991 C2S or C4S is a really nice car to drive around for a bit, fairly easy to sell, relatively headache free and buyers aren't picky about every single service record. Ferrari, Lambo, older Porsches are all a headache to sell without ALL the documentation. My second vote would a 2017 or newer R8...preferably find one with Audi care so the maintenance is prepaid.

My toy when on 4 wheels
cd4a002878ad56f49d30f1eecfd8fb99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom