Any DJs in the house? Need one for tomorrow (Thurs)! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any DJs in the house? Need one for tomorrow (Thurs)!

theres a fine line between restaurants and resto/lounges...……..personally I like going to a nice hot spot where the music has a lower tempo and volume for the 6-9 hours during "dinner", then the drinking crowd comes in and the tempo and volume and dancing feet pickup and the evening finishes off on a nice bouncy note.

all orchestrated by a dj that knows what he/she's doing.

Last edited:
Hmm....must be a North American thing then. Dinner in Europe is a big social affair usually, Greek, Italian, French dinners are marathon affairs a good few hours long, music is for clubs and a change of venue unless you count plate smashing crap at a touristy Greek joint.

All good M8.....Im just assuming here @Pistachio Nuts runs said resto/lounge....its on the ossington strip, which isnt really a dinner place after a certain hour, its more of a "lets go out for drinks" kind of hood....so her buisness modo should include some "drinks" atmosphere after the dinner crowd has left.

All good M8.....Im just assuming here @Pistachio Nuts runs said resto/lounge....its on the ossington strip, which isnt really a dinner place after a certain hour, its more of a "lets go out for drinks" kind of hood....so her buisness modo should include some "drinks" atmosphere after the dinner crowd has left.

No harm no foul. I’m going to go dig out my original St Germain CDs now though. Doesn’t help that my hearing has gone a bit downhill even with using earplugs when on the bike. It’s hard to hear conversations with a lot of background noise in some places and the art of conversation is slowly being lost because of this and constant phone/social media use I fear.

No harm no foul. I’m going to go dig out my original St Germain CDs now though.
In a past life I used to DJ at Goodlife Fitness Clubs and often at the Yonge/St.Clair location. It was a sweet gig because for about 5 hours of work, I used to be gifted a 1yr full membership. I essentially didn't pay for a membership for about 15 years and started selling or bartering them off when I didn't need them for myself.
I used to play only vinyl there and always put my prized vinyl in a separate black bag that would hold about 20-30 albums. I didn't have a car back then and couldn't take all my gear on the bike so would cab it there and back. Coming home one night I put all my stuff in the cab and off loaded when i got home. Since my prized bag was black and thin, it must have blended in with the shadows in the trunk and I left it in the cab. Didn't notice until way too late and didn't even know what cab company it was that dropped me home, let alone the cab #. And of course in that bag was almost my entire collection of St. Germain, The Rurals and Blue Six/Naked Music. The one record I always wanted back was Boulevard.

In a past life I used to DJ at Goodlife Fitness Clubs and often at the Yonge/St.Clair location. It was a sweet gig because for about 5 hours of work, I used to be gifted a 1yr full membership. I essentially didn't pay for a membership for about 15 years and started selling or bartering them off when I didn't need them for myself.
I used to play only vinyl there and always put my prized vinyl in a separate black bag that would hold about 20-30 albums. I didn't have a car back then and couldn't take all my gear on the bike so would cab it there and back. Coming home one night I put all my stuff in the cab and off loaded when i got home. Since my prized bag was black and thin, it must have blended in with the shadows in the trunk and I left it in the cab. Didn't notice until way too late and didn't even know what cab company it was that dropped me home, let alone the cab #. And of course in that bag was almost my entire collection of St. Germain, The Rurals and Blue Six/Naked Music. The one record I always wanted back was Boulevard.

That sucks dude.

I had a similar arsenal of wax.....but they were played so much the sound was gone on them......over the past five years or so Ive developed a bad discogs habit......paying twice as much for mint vintage wax then they were new lol. Ive got a good five hours worth of "killin it" beats from the 90's era in my current vinyl collection ive accumulated for "nostalgic" reasons, despite being able to pay a buck and a half for the digital download lol.

Back
Top Bottom