Any DJs in the house? Need one for tomorrow (Thurs)! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any DJs in the house? Need one for tomorrow (Thurs)!

Pistachio Nuts

Hey dudes!

Any DJs here? We need one for tomorrow (Thurs) from about 6pm to 11pm. We just started a DJ night every Thurs.

Reply here or DM/PM me.

Yeah I wanna know where this dj music is so I can come drink :D

@shanekingsley do you still work?
I mostly play at home and record sets which I listen to while I'm riding.
Otherwise I play for charity gigs. I haven't played for money/work for about 15 years and don't really have the time anymore.
Still playing house, techno, disco, funk, jungle, downtempo and sometimes chillout/ambient at a bunch of long yoga classes which was interesting too.

I upload a bunch of sets to: shanekingsley
Sometimes we set up four turntables in my kitchen and play marathon sets. Good times!
i-pLVqWBD-4K.jpg

Whoa! Nice setup, dudes! :love:

Living room dance parties are the best......... Until the cops knock.

View attachment 40637
I mostly play at home and record sets which I listen to while I'm riding.
Otherwise I play for charity gigs. I haven't played for money/work for about 15 years and don't really have the time anymore.
Still playing house, techno, disco, funk, jungle, downtempo and sometimes chillout/ambient at a bunch of long yoga classes which was interesting too.

I upload a bunch of sets to: shanekingsley
Sometimes we set up four turntables in my kitchen and play marathon sets. Good times!
i-pLVqWBD-4K.jpg

Thats the DJ's fault.......the DJ's job is to read the crowd, environment, and play accordingly, not just bust out his most banging after hours tunes at max volume....

The way I see it, is a lounge needs a specific kind of mood.....some DJ's, like myself, were in the scene...a certain scene, and played for that crowd, their brand, that the crowd came to hear.

A resto lounge gig, is not that club culture.....these DJ's need a more vast array of music, and need to KNOW their collection, for playing for whatever kind of crowd shows up.

As I mentioned a few posts earlier, a resto lounge DJ can get away with playing a set from a few popular labels......Defected comes to mind, its artists for the most part play happy, up beat, easy to listen to brand of house, which would fit in nicely with any dinner setting that could turn into dancing as the night progresses.......crowd pending of course.

Maybe it’s me being an old fart but if I go out for dinner with friends it’s to eat good food and chat not to listen to music at all. If it’s there it's just background music and it could be coming from a ****** radio for all I care.

I have never in my life uttered the words “let’s go to X to eat, it has great music”.

Back
Top Bottom