Algonquin Park Fall Colours Tour | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Algonquin Park Fall Colours Tour

Hey Mimico - how do you plan/set your route when going riding?
I tried using Google maps but it keeps reverting to its default routes when I send a planned trip from my computer to my phone : (
Not sure if there is a different setting or app one can use for free. I know someone on here mentioned there was a paid app they use for trip planning etc..
I use a web based GPS/mapping utility and then upload to the GPS unit. Will post shortly once I get home.

@POWERMAN I used 'MyRoute-app' on the browser. It's fairly straightforward. Once you make the route, and are happy with it, just export into the appropriate format. Since I don't know which GPX file is specifically for my NUVI then I just export each version and one makes it through.

The hardest part for me was finding how to actually find the uploaded routes within the GPS. Took a few tries but I was able to find the menu, and then set it up. Works great now. GPS is a bit older, but thanks to a great GTAMer it was free and being used often.

Similar to Google Maps if I don't like the routing, I just break up a single route into multiple pieces so that I force the mapping software to go through a certain route that I want it to.

If I want to go from Mississauga to Scarborough it would take me to the 401. So instead I just force Mississauga down to Hurontario/QEW, then QEW to Park Lawn, and then the rest of the way. Otherwise it would keep seeking the 'shortest/fastest' route instead.

Last edited:
@POWERMAN I used 'MyRoute-app' on the browser. It's fairly straightforward. Once you make the route, and are happy with it, just export into the appropriate format. Since I don't know which GPX file is specifically for my NUVI then I just export each version and one makes it through.

The hardest part for me was finding how to actually find the uploaded routes within the GPS. Took a few tries but I was able to find the menu, and then set it up. Works great now. GPS is a bit older, but thanks to a great GTAMer it was free and being used often.

Similar to Google Maps if I don't like the routing, I just break up a single route into multiple pieces so that I force the mapping software to go through a certain route that I want it to.

If I want to go from Mississauga to Scarborough it would take me to the 401. So instead I just force Mississauga down to Hurontario/QEW, then QEW to Park Lawn, and then the rest of the way. Otherwise it would keep seeking the 'shortest/fastest' route instead.

Thank you Sir!
Looks like I will have to bite the bullet and get something similar for next year then.

Decided to head out to Algonquin today (granted, it was a bit chilly even with 2 layers on); got lost thanks to Bell's spotty connection; found my way back while almost running out of fuel...lol

You were right about the foliage..at different points on hwy 60 the different coloured leaves against the blue sky looked like computer generated images...as real as it gets.

y58I3mJ.jpeg

I have gone down to fumes riding those areas at times @POWERMAN because a bunch of gas stations showing up on GPS are actually closed down completely!

If you’re looking for a GPS let me know. My cousin had to get rid of his company’s trucks GPS units so I have a few lying around. Not sure on models or what not, but at least 5 are here.

I have gone down to fumes riding those areas at times @POWERMAN because a bunch of gas stations showing up on GPS are actually closed down completely!

If you’re looking for a GPS let me know. My cousin had to get rid of his company’s trucks GPS units so I have a few lying around. Not sure on models or what not, but at least 5 are here.
Not to hi jack but I will have a Zumo 396 for sale

Understood - will do.
Im going to see whether I can swing a new bike (preferably with onboard nav) next year...based on that will need to see how to proceed next.
Which bike(s) have onboard navigation?

Is it just as bad as car built in nav?

I think apple Car play or Android bike are the way to go.

Which bike(s) have onboard navigation?

Is it just as bad as car built in nav?

I think apple Car play or Android bike are the way to go.
Whatcha looking at?

I didnt qualify for the GSX1000 or S1000RR as I dont have my M for more than 6 years.
So it looks like I may just stick with Kawi

HdCBXmv.jpg

FWIW I pay 1300 for my current Z650

I havent looked into it in detail but Kawi mentioned that some of their new models get Kawasaki SPIN.
The H2SX looks well rounded but the guy at Snow City didn't feel comfortable with me sitting on the ZH2 and H2SX they had on display.

Plan to check them out at the 'North American International Motorcycle Supershow' @ the exhibition centre on Jan 6th next year

Triumph has a phone app that you program where you want to go and the stops on the way.
You can then put the phone in a case under the passenger seat where there is a usb socket to charge it.
The bike links to the phone and gives you turn by turn directions, but no map at this point.
It can be finicky.
The route and stops cannot be changed on the fly.

This is on the Tiger 900 GT Pro. Also on some other models.

Not to hi jack but I will have a Zumo 396 for sale
With everything that came in the box?
If yes......I'm interested.
(I have one in "my cart" at gpscity, just in case my final effort to repair my current gps fails.)

With everything that came in the box?
If yes......I'm interested.
(I have one in "my cart" at gpscity, just in case my final effort to repair my current gps fails.)
Will confirm but most likely yes.

Mine is pooched, too much rain this yr (non zumo garmin). I just confirmed.
If your price is right (and in good condition) I'll take it.........right away.
Should be home within an hour so I will let you know. Will pm you

F282C362-AC5B-4AFB-A75E-9A2CD698940F.png
West side of the park is at peak colours this week. The East side will need another week before it’s there. Not overly busy riding through today but the most popular trail lots were jammed.

Back
Top Bottom