Algonquin Park Fall Colours Tour | GTAMotorcycle.com

Algonquin Park Fall Colours Tour

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
So what does the GTAM community think? I am hoping to go this Friday as we have the day off for Truth and Reconciliation Day...but I'm not sure whether the Leaf colour will make it to peak colour. Not really planning on taking a day off next week, and the next few weekends are busy with family stuff.

1664395500325.png

Thinking of going out east toward Barry's Bay, do a few of the roads there, and maybe rip from the East Gate to the West Gate and then come back.

Weather for Friday looks fairly good so far.

I was just in Midland for work. I think this weekend will still be early. Next weekend (Thanksgiving) should be prime time.
Damn. Was hoping it'd be good time as I can't make it out on Thanksgiving.

Be prepared with an alternate route. Numerous times in the last few years they have closed the highway through the park as the number of leaf-peepers has exceeded the capacity of the park and there was concerns about the road getting so crowded that emergency services wouldn't be able to access things if needed.

Also, a lot of restaurants on both sides of the park during peak times have had either limited service, extreme waits/lines, or have simply closed due to staffing issues, so packing something to snack on may be wise as well.

I would go sooner rather than later. Was up 12-16th and some trees were already done.
Be careful of people stopping in live traffic lanes when it's at it's busiest.

Good thing is that it’s a Friday so the tour groups are still small. Last time I went the east entry was empty but the west gate had a 5-10km lineup of cars.

My biggest issue was the tourists darting across the road, and the worry of cars pulling u-turns from the entry line due to being fed up.

Plus I leave at like 6am typically.

Be prepared with an alternate route.

This.

While Algonquin Park is probably the best place to view fall colours while in/on a vehicle from the roadside without having to get off and hike, there are also tons of other viewing places up north where the good riding roads are in the Muskokas and Kawarthas. Also, less busy as well.

My personal preference would be the Lake Rosseau area.

Some of the photos the park has posting has it looking like full colour already.

So what does the GTAM community think? I am hoping to go this Friday as we have the day off for Truth and Reconciliation Day...but I'm not sure whether the Leaf colour will make it to peak colour. Not really planning on taking a day off next week, and the next few weekends are busy with family stuff.

View attachment 57692

Thinking of going out east toward Barry's Bay, do a few of the roads there, and maybe rip from the East Gate to the West Gate and then come back.

Weather for Friday looks fairly good so far.
will you be riding there and back or trailering?
Thinking of doing a similar trip...maybe I could tag along?

I'm off next Wednesday - Friday. Hoping the Muskoka area is peaking late next week. Also that the weather cooperates.🤞

Might pop over that way on highway 60 soon, if the weather holds. I've a hankerin' for some schnitzel at the Granary.

I crossed HiWy 60 last Saturday. Majorly green.
Perhaps it may be different this weekend.
I'm hoping the colours show nicely...and some pics I just saw on the Algonquin Park FB page are showing colours. Should be a nice ride regardless.

Unfortunately...time is always a high commodity, so when I get it...I take it!

September 27...

Damn so tempting but I don't even have the new bike registered/plated or insured yet.....

:mad::mad::mad:

Back
Top Bottom