Algonquin Park Fall Colours Tour | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Algonquin Park Fall Colours Tour

Also, a lot of restaurants on both sides of the park during peak times have had either limited service, extreme waits/lines, or have simply closed due to staffing issues, so packing something to snack on may be wise as well.
The ones I tried weren't very good anyways.

so tempted to join and call in "sick" tomorrow to join... but it would be an iron but for me from london and a 6am departure from TO/sauga. at the very least i hope you have a butt load of fun. its gunna be a win win situation - maybe not the colours your want but itll be good riding regardless.

so tempted to join and call in "sick" tomorrow to join... but it would be an iron but for me from london and a 6am departure from TO/sauga. at the very least i hope you have a butt load of fun. its gunna be a win win situation - maybe not the colours your want but itll be good riding regardless.
I'm in St Marys and would be up for a more local colour ride (if the timing works). Just saying.........

Looks like the colour should be good tomorrow! May miss the peak by a few days.

Ride safe. send some photos

Looks like the colour should be good tomorrow! May miss the peak by a few days.
Not to steal your thunder. I did a ride up there today. Went up by Maynooth, via Elephant road, which is in great shape. So East entrance to west, then down 35 back home. Lots of good colour. I wouldn't say it's full colour, but still great. Plenty to see mid way, and some before and after Dorset. I didn't take many pictures, and kinda feel lazy right now to pull something from the GoPro.
BTW dress warm. It was cold this morning, the afternoon was better.
Enjoy the ride!

Not to steal your thunder. I did a ride up there today. Went up by Maynooth, via Elephant road, which is in great shape. So East entrance to west, then down 35 back home. Lots of good colour. I wouldn't say it's full colour, but still great. Plenty to see mid way, and some before and after Dorset. I didn't take many pictures, and kinda feel lazy right now to pull something from the GoPro.
BTW dress warm. It was cold this morning, the afternoon was better.
Enjoy the ride!
Thanks! Good to know!

Feel free to join if you’d like. We’re leaving Mississauga at 6:30am so will be passing through Scarborough 7-7:15 depending on the 401.

Thanks! Good to know!

Feel free to join if you’d like. We’re leaving Mississauga at 6:30am so will be passing through Scarborough 7-7:15 depending on the 401.
Thanks for the offer. I gotta work, which is why I took off today before I need to be responsible.... :rolleyes:

BTW might want to avoid HWY 127 saw signs for construction there, and viewing google maps show heavier then normal traffic. I took HWY 523 instead, nobody was there.

OP, you must be on the road by now - safe ride and enjoy the scenery, do share pix and the ride experience, when you get back.

Daughter has a cottage on the west edge of Algonquin park. She tries to stay away this time of year. Brain dead tourists and tour buses make the trip up there not only frustrating, but dangerous. In the past they have double parked at the entrance to thier cottage road making it impossible for emergency vehicles to get in. Ride safe.

Here's some shots from my GoPro from yesterdays run through Algonquin. Lets see how it compares to @mimico_polak

I went from East to West

Might be 1/3 way
01 sep 29.jpg

About just past 1/2 way
02 sep 29.jpg

On HWY 35 going to Dorset
03 sep 29.jpg

Yup num nuts on HWY 60 not too many, but come next couple of weekends will be full of this idoits
nummy.jpg

Dorset and obligatory bike shot!
bike.jpg

Last edited:
Here's some shots from my GoPro from yesterdays run through Algonquin. Lets see how it compares to @mimico_polak

I went from East to West

Might be 1/2 way
View attachment 57721

About just past 1/2 way
View attachment 57722

On HWY 35 going to Dorset
View attachment 57723

Yup num nuts on HWY 60 not too many, but come next couple of weekends will be full of this idoits
View attachment 57724
A tripod? OPP just needs to hold the club out the window as they drive past. wtf.

Colours are nice already up there.

Yes they are! Beautiful day for a ride but I froze my digits and toes off as I didn’t have heated gear!

Honestly it seems the colours are almost already fading. And there was way more traffic than I excpected!

12hrs and 840km total day for me. Minor mishap where I ran off Dyno Rd as it was going left, but the shadows made it unclear and I went right onto gravel at speed. Managed to hold it up but embarrassing.

Was great to ride with @bigpoppa and I’ll confirm that AT in white is gorgeous!

E669FC7B-F92D-4E2B-ACEB-08C4E75BD088.jpeg
5F468B3D-C3A5-4D18-9BE5-0E8FD36FE475.jpeg

954C8528-CB52-4ECE-8F6C-3B958EC70AC0.jpeg
F3DCF467-AC62-4C4B-AA2C-BEBF586F077A.jpeg
Put my chain lube on the seat. Son of a …

9575F87E-8CCA-4259-9D4D-08D754A7AABA.jpeg

Attachments

• 7FE4C63E-0E49-401B-97E6-515A3C9544D6.jpeg
    7FE4C63E-0E49-401B-97E6-515A3C9544D6.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 25
great ride with my broski

also finally got to try out the airhawk, pretty comfy

Back
Top Bottom