air compressor | GTAMotorcycle.com

air compressor

guym

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a good air compressor that I can use for my motorcycle to fill the tires up at home. I used this one: http://www.blackanddecker.com/power-tools/ASI500.aspx (was only $50CND when I bought it) BUT it only worked for about 10 tries and now it's reading is WAY off and will only work in KPA mode, I tried taking it apart, and fixing it but I had no luck. I went online and googled around and only found others that had the same issue and other issues with it, but no fixes. I highly don't recommend wasting your money on it. I'm just posting it as an example of what I'm looking for.
The main three features that I need are:
  • doesn't need to be plugged in to a power source while using it
  • fairly accurate gauge (preferred digital but it doesn't really matter)
  • price under $100

Thanks again everyone!

Take a trip to Rona/Home Depot and buy a "pancake compressor." Their only about $90 bucks but will last a long time. Plug it in, wait for it to fill then carry to bike and fill tires. Easy enough to carry around(about 30lbs). It has an auto shutoff as to when it is filled to capacity. Porter Cable makes a nice one, that's what I have.

I just went to Home Depot's site and Porter Cable has one for $99.
Model #CMB15
Store Sku#1000667272
Hope this helps.

The 12v car air compressors work well. And they're around $10. Seems a bit silly to buy a air compressor just to full up tires.

I just went to Home Depot's site and Porter Cable has one for $99.
Model #CMB15
Store Sku#1000667272
Hope this helps.

Thanks I'll look into it!

The 12v car air compressors work well. And they're around $10. Seems a bit silly to buy a air compressor just to full up tires.
I have nothing to plug it into, that's why I need it to be portable/ or run off a battery.

I don't have a car, I don't really have the need to install an outlit on my bike, as this is the only thing I would use it for, but then again It might be the only option I have if I don't want to spend mega money on an expensive compressor.

I don't have a car, I don't really have the need to install an outlit on my bike, as this is the only thing I would use it for, but then again It might be the only option I have if I don't want to spend mega money on an expensive compressor.

You can use the socket to charge other things, like gps, cellphone, etc so it can come in pretty handy.

get this, its cheaper

K-T-AHP-1_med.jpg

You can use the socket to charge other things, like gps, cellphone, etc so it can come in pretty handy.
True but my gps is all ready hard wired, and it uses the same usb connection that my phone does, so there really isn't anything else I would need it for other than this...

get this, its cheaper

K-T-AHP-1_med.jpg

I thought about it... but then i remember I'm lazy.

Any compressor will do. Use a hand held gauge and adjust pressure accordingly.

Have you thought about a used one off kijji?

Back
Top Bottom