Adventures of crashing in Vietnam, breaking my leg | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Adventures of crashing in Vietnam, breaking my leg

Sounds to me like everyone involved went out of their way to help you and that the shop treated you very fairly on the buyback. Maybe not a great experience with the crash and all but it could have been much worse.

Agreed, everyone, especially the guesthouse owners really went out of their way to take care of me. I can't thank them enough.

:D fingers crossed then all goes well. Absolutely stoked for this trip, what started as just a few rides is now a month and a half of riding.

Hope you have an amazing time!!!

Great story!
Glad I read it now and not last month. My gf and I just did 3 weeks in SE Asia. Rented scooters for a day in both Laos and Cambodia. $15/ day, insurance and helmets included.
Two of the most memorable days of my life! But, yes, we did keep saying “Hope nothing happens, we’re in the middle of nowhere!”

I like to read motorcycle adventure stories like this and there are a ton of them on advrider. You read of crazy traffic, no rules, anything goes in congested over-populated cities like in India and other Asian countries. Sometimes the stories hang and there are no further posts and you know the guy either died or was so injured that he's not finishing the story. Recently I read of a post where the OP was asking about a rider who stopped communicating, and they had no idea if the guy was alive or dead. The post requested the public to provide any information on the guy and if they had seen him recently.

Good to see you were not such a case, as it is possible. For that reason my travels will not take me to those overpopulated cesspools even if the surrounding countryside is beautiful.

Good to see you were not such a case, as it is possible. For that reason my travels will not take me to those overpopulated cesspools even if the surrounding countryside is beautiful.
Can get hit by the ice cream truck crossing the street, better stay inside.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

People say similar things about riding a bike anywhere. To each, his own.

People say similar things about riding a bike anywhere. To each, his own.

Last question I swear, did World Nomads ask if you had a Viet license? It seems they only require you to have a Canadian license to be covered, but they're very murky on the matter.

Last question I swear, did World Nomads ask if you had a Viet license? It seems they only require you to have a Canadian license to be covered, but they're very murky on the matter.

lol, no problem! They were fully ok with just the IDP.

If you go, I would get the temporary Vietanamese license. It's cheap and takes a couple hours. At the very least, apparently the police are cracking down on tourist riders right now. One bribe will probably cost you the same as the license.

lol, no problem! They were fully ok with just the IDP.

If you go, I would get the temporary Vietanamese license. It's cheap and takes a couple hours. At the very least, apparently the police are cracking down on tourist riders right now. One bribe will probably cost you the same as the license.

Yeah it's less about the money and more the time involved, seems it takes 10 working days for a license? Or do you get something similar to the M1 slip we get here immediately after.

Yeah it's less about the money and more the time involved, seems it takes 10 working days for a license? Or do you get something similar to the M1 slip we get here immediately after.

You get a paper slip on the spot, which to my understanding is fully valid.

Amazing, thanks. I've got pretty much everything sorted except for the licensing piece and now that looks good. :D
take me with you!

Amazing, thanks. I've got pretty much everything sorted except for the licensing piece and now that looks good. :D

Make sure to try the Vietnamese coffee. Didn't like the egg coffee, but the standard coffee made with a dripper over ice is delicious.

I would counter that it's travelers with this attitude that make them overpopulated cesspools!

I would counter that it's travelers with this attitude that make them overpopulated cesspools!

If it's a mistaken attitude, and not a reflection of reality, then I apologize. Each to his own, go if you love this kind of adventure, I promise not to judge you.

Make sure to try the Vietnamese coffee. Didn't like the egg coffee, but the standard coffee made with a dripper over ice is delicious.

Crappy glass bottle fuel for the bike, excellent ca phe sua for me. Two bowls of pho in the morning and I'm ready to hammer out 300km

Great to hear that you made it through ok!

Interesting video:
Can You Charge A Tesla By Towing It? (With Ford Raptor)

Back
Top Bottom