Adventures of crashing in Vietnam, breaking my leg | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Adventures of crashing in Vietnam, breaking my leg

I highly recommend grabbing a set of space bags and vacuum sealing it during transit from Canada.
Riding gear takes up so much damn space, but carry-on only quickly becomes a reality.

I highly recommend grabbing a set of space bags and vacuum sealing it during transit from Canada.
Riding gear takes up so much damn space, but carry-on only quickly becomes a reality.
Just wear it. :)

Just read this ...yikes taking "adventure" biking a bit beyond.

Had a break like that way back when fooling around on the Bultaco on the old trials course near Waterdown ....knee clipped something and tried to bend the wrong way....I still recall trying to navigate home with a few small log jumps on one foot with the other stuck straight out.
Point of this tale was the sports doctor at McMaster also missed a similar but smaller hairline break in the same region.....he re-examined the X-rays after a couple weeks and saw why I was hurting still. The positive part was he would have put me in a cast if he'd seen it and I would have lost muscle mass. So healing on it's own there was none of that ....just longer recuperation.
Damn thing hurt a bit for decades when the atmospheric pressure dropped.
I hope your new built-in barometer heals fully.

My only lasting injury is a damaged shoulder going down on green moss in Australia - think black ice in the bush - front wheel washed out on the KLR and as you say, instantly down tho only 25 kph or so.
Buddy behind me said the peg dug in and sort of torqued me hard into the ground...jacket was open partly ( it was hot ) and the point of my shoulder took the hit the jacket armor would have normally absorbed. :-(
Still hurts 4 years on and might finally end my riding ....deep tears not repairable...shoulders are complicated. Steroids seem to have lost their effectiveness tho the right combo of Celebrex, linement and Nsaids keeps the hurt in check.
Hope yours heals cleanly

Take away for me is keeping my jacket done up so the armour sits properly. Same come off left my knee untouched tho the riding pants not so much. Deep scratches in the hard armour I still always wear......with much better riding pants ( AirGlide 3 )

Image result for macdoc knee armor

After 55 years of riding, also no road accidents at all tho my share of low speed mud falls....every time I low sided, the jacket performed perfectly....when it was done up. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom