Adventure Motorbike Camping | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Adventure Motorbike Camping

Missing the bike already, Any good ideas for adventure rides next year?

Missing the bike already, Any good ideas for adventure rides next year?
lemme know what you think of this

Looks like it might be a great spot to explore for a few days.

Thanks

Reactions: J_F
there are still some beauty spots to crown land camp

the deer trail route in algoma district is a good example

can ride from the hwy a few hundred yards and camp lakefront w/o any neighbours - ompa lake, rainbows from shore

other spots you have neighbours if you prefer; still free

got an adventure bike? travel down a logging road and find a spot to camp - have an entire lake to yourself

seven hours from toronto
Logging roads are a goldmine. Somewhere to camp and more firewood than you can burn in one night.

kind of old information
but the site/thread below has some good suggestions

I like the sound of Red Squirrel Road - old logging road
west off #11, north of North Bay
winds it's way through a vast crown land area with dozens of lakes
anyone explore this recently? I'm gonna check it out this coming season

Camping areas

See my post from earlier in this thread:

"In late out early" is great for "covert" camping, but for legal crown-land camping GET THERE EARLY unless you're North of Timmins. All popular spots are busy even throughout the week, and you are legally allowed to stay on a site for 3 weeks (it changed with covid but that's probably temporary) so you get people hogging the good spots.

Even crown land 5 hours North of Toronto (ie Temagami area) has become so much busier in the last decade. Red Squirrel Rd with dozens of crown land camp sites attached to small lakes used to be a go-to spot for us 20 years ago, but now unless you arrive there Thursday afternoon everything is occupied for the weekend.

That being said, it's still a GREAT spot when it's not busy... so beautiful and so many small lakes right off the gravel road. It's perfect for car or motorcycle camping, and again, so beautiful. Here's some pics from an ATV weekend a few years ago to give you an idea of some of the sites:

I also have a video that's long and boring that shows a large stretch of red squirrel rd, but if you want to get a close look before heading out it would help : Red Squirrel Rd

If anyone around here plans some day or 2 camping trips next year, I'm down to join in :)

DSCF1943.jpg

I’m planning on doing as much camping as possible. What area are you riding in?
That was in Mattawa during an ADV event. Great area to ride and explore. As for camping, skip anything provincial and find private. Just google camping and lots of good places show up.

I avoid provincial campgrounds, over crowded, expensive and not as clean and maintained imo. I rather wild camp than end up in one if possible

That was in Mattawa during an ADV event. Great area to ride and explore. As for camping, skip anything provincial and find private. Just google camping and lots of good places show up.

I avoid provincial campgrounds, over crowded, expensive and not as clean and maintained imo. I rather wild camp than end up in one if possible
Did you ride any of the VMUT system? We were up last year but got rained out.

kind of old information
but the site/thread below has some good suggestions

I like the sound of Red Squirrel Road - old logging road
west off #11, north of North Bay
winds it's way through a vast crown land area with dozens of lakes
anyone explore this recently? I'm gonna check it out this coming season

Camping areas
Been up near that area. Rode the Sultan rd further west. It's a logging rd so you can find lots of rough camping with all the firewood you can burn

Back
Top Bottom