A brother firefighter killed this morning in North Pickering | GTAMotorcycle.com

A brother firefighter killed this morning in North Pickering

smokeeater341

Site Supporter
Very sad news about a co-worker who was killed on his ride this morning.

Rest in peace, Brian

Motorcycle Fatality in North Pickering
30-Jun-2011 18:40 PST

Ba
A 45-year-old Ajax man was killed in a motorcycle collision this morning in North Pickering.

On Thursday June 30, 2011, at approximately 8:30 a.m., members of the DRPS Traffic Services Branch responded to a two-vehicle collision involving a motorcycle on Regional Road 5 near the York-Durham Townline in Pickering.

Witnesses report the motorcycle was travellling southbound on York-Durham Townline around a curve which merged onto Durham Regional Road 5, when the westbound Mazda sedan crossed the centerline into the pathway of the motorcycle. The driver of the Mazda was attempting to turn off of Regional Road 5 at this location.

The driver of the motorcycle, a 45-year-old Ajax man, was transported to a local hospital but shortly afterwards, succumbed to his injuries. Next of kin have requested to withhold the identity of the deceased. The single occupant of the Mazda was uninjured.

The road was closed for several hours while members from the Collision Investigation Unit investigated the collision. Weather, road conditions and alcohol are not believed to be contributing factors.

Anyone with information regarding this collision or the activities of either driver prior to the incident is requested to contact D/Cst. Cecil Bryson of the DRPS Traffic Services Branch at 1-888-579-1520 ext 5255. Anonymous tips can be made to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or online at www.durhamregionalcrimestoppers.ca and tipsters may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2,000.

Rest In Peace

That's terrible news. R.I.P. fellow rider.

Rip.

What a shame. RIP rider and my condolences to his friends and family. That intersection is no longer safe due to the sheer number of vehicles that now use it.

rip. Any idea what dept he worked for?

RIP rider :(

The dreaded left turn. RIP rider.

Hearing a death of any kind is already very sad to begin with.
A fellow motorcyclist, and a firefighter on top of that?
Very sorry to hear, and may he rest in peace.

rip. Any idea what dept he worked for?
He was an Acting Captain with Toronto with over 21 years on the job. This one hits too close to home for me, both professionally and personally. I've been to quite a few calls/fires with Brian and known him since when I was assigned to the Heavy Rescue in the East core of the city. Always calm, cool, collected and a great sense of humour. A tragic loss for our department, his family, and the riding community.

terrible news. rest in peace.

my condolences to family and friends.

May Brian rest in peace. Sincerest condolences to family and friends.

Rip Brother Brian .....

Back
Top Bottom