900,000 students coming in… | Page 23 | GTAMotorcycle.com

900,000 students coming in…

If you go to the Google reviews of Algoma (Brampton) the first one is from a WASP Canadian that says of the 160(ish) people in his course he was the only WASP (maybe 1 more, been a while since I read it), the rest were Indian, so closer to 98-99%.
A great example, Algoma's "main" campus is in the Sault, that is where they are "based". I see a lot of Ontario schools (colleges and universities) that have satellite campuses in the GTA, those campuses look to be mostly for International students from what I can tell these days. Why (rhetorical question) does Sault based Algoma need to have a campus in the GTA and why does the GTA even need an Algoma campus.... it may have started as something good for a good reason, now it is a cash grab (hint, most international students want to be in the GTA, not the Sault).

While the feds have plenty of blame in all this, Ontario regulates the schools and has been asleep at the wheel (or worse yet encouraging it) for a very long time in the context of this problem.

why does the GTA even need an Algoma campus.... it may have started as something good for a good reason, now it is a cash grab (hint, most international students want to be in the GTA, not the Sault).

I don't see the uninsured/open container street racing scene being that big in the Sault.

A great example, Algoma's "main" campus is in the Sault, that is where they are "based". I see a lot of Ontario schools (colleges and universities) that have satellite campuses in the GTA, those campuses look to be mostly for International students from what I can tell these days. Why (rhetorical question) does Sault based Algoma need to have a campus in the GTA and why does the GTA even need an Algoma campus.... it may have started as something good for a good reason, now it is a cash grab (hint, most international students want to be in the GTA, not the Sault).

While the feds have plenty of blame in all this, Ontario regulates the schools and has been asleep at the wheel (or worse yet encouraging it) for a very long time in the context of this problem.
It's not only the local campuses, there are 2 colleges in my far north community, Northern College (Algoma University Porcupine Campus) and College Boreal. In 2023, enrollment at Algoma's Northern College was 82% foreign students from India.

When my daughter did a program at Humber 15yrs ago , new Canadian girls in one of her classes had brand new laptops ( mandated to take the class) , several had never turned one on. They were not ‘allowed’ to use one at home. Literally WTF .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

That sadly is always the way, make an example of the guy that is doing everything correctly and wants to be part of Canada and a community.
Meanwhile the 1000's of crooks, scammers and criminals are all untouchable...
Ditto for the care worker helping out across the street. She's fantastic at her job. Her hubby's paperwork was being held up by one federal department but immigration didn't care. They deported him back to Africa.

They claim marriage of convenience. To prove otherwise they want her to go to Nigeria on her dime for a few weeks to show dedication.

He is also a care worker.

Try opening an electrical contracting business in Ontario with shaky paperwork.

Not surprised at all, I'm sure there are many more out there doing the same thing....
At least this one isn't physically smuggling...not saying it's good. Just not AS bad as literal human trafficking / smuggling.

If there’s money to be made then someone will take it in exchange for a service. There’s lots of money in immigration and mostly from pretty desperate people which just makes things worse.

I can imagine the Chinese route of offshore house buying then having someone live in it as the “owner” or whatever the scam was, is also very lucrative.

The math works out to about 120 illegals, a minor blip compared to JT's student numbers. Is it worth going after the illegals and shipping them back home?

Do you think they're going to follow any rules now that they've gotten here by gaming the system? Not a ******* chance. Round 'em up. Ship 'em out.

The math works out to about 120 illegals, a minor blip compared to JT's student numbers. Is it worth going after the illegals and shipping them back home?
Yes it is. Because it sends a message. And sometimes all that's required is a message.

Cartels and religious nuts kill / maim people to send a message, and it's very clear. 'F around and find out'.

If Canada's justice / immigration system actually had teeth and showed that if you're caught, there will be real penalties...only the hardened would continue.

Right now steal a car? Kill a pedestrian? DUI? Expired / revoked license while driving? Theft under 5k? Or any white collar crime...slap on the wrist, with a minor fine.

Do you think they're going to follow any rules now that they've gotten here by gaming the system? Not a ******* chance. Round 'em up. Ship 'em out.
Wishful thinking, For every 1 shipped back, 100 more enter...
No one cares, just add another tax onto the working class...

Yes. For me this is a zero tolerance crime. I don’t buy the defense of being duped, the onus is on the immigrant to figure out and follow the lawful path.

I’d also have punishing consequences for those arranging fraudulent applications, whether they be an airline, lawyer, consultant or just a plain old trafficker.

I’m sympathetic to real asylum seekers… I’ve got a cold heart whet it comes to dealing with cheaters.

Back
Top Bottom