900,000 students coming in… | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

900,000 students coming in…

Student finances are a political hot potato that they won't touch. Entire subdivisions of 2M+ houses are being purchased by students going to private school. They don't get counted as foreign buyers even though canadian income is zero.

Wouldn't want to ruffle any foreign feathers by having federal agencies do their job!

Student finances are a political hot potato that they won't touch. Entire subdivisions of 2M+ houses are being purchased by students going to private school. They don't get counted as foreign buyers even though canadian income is zero.
Temporary residents studying in Canada are considered foreign buyers subject to the current prohibitions unless they meet ALL of the following:
  • have a student visa and are enrolled in a recognized academic institution and field of study
  • have filed Canadian income tax returns for each of the 5 taxation years preceding a purchase
  • have been physically present in Canada for a minimum of 244 days in each of the 5 calendar years preceding the purchase
  • can only purchase a property valued at less than $500,000
They can buy undeveloped property, MDUs of more units or more, and property outside a census metropolitan area.

This pretty much prevents foreign students from purchasing houses, who knows if the prohibition will go on past the 2025 sunset.

There was a new Dodge Ram trx ($150,000 +) on marketplace the other day advertised. Specifically said no student or work visas. Needed to at least have PR. Would not sell cash, finance only. Strange.

Temporary residents studying in Canada are considered foreign buyers subject to the current prohibitions unless they meet ALL of the following:
  • have a student visa and are enrolled in a recognized academic institution and field of study
  • have filed Canadian income tax returns for each of the 5 taxation years preceding a purchase
  • have been physically present in Canada for a minimum of 244 days in each of the 5 calendar years preceding the purchase
  • can only purchase a property valued at less than $500,000
They can buy undeveloped property, MDUs of more units or more, and property outside a census metropolitan area.

This pretty much prevents foreign students from purchasing houses, who knows if the prohibition will go on past the 2025 sunset.

Thanks for the rules, I hadn't seen them spelled out before. I have seen subdivisions owned by students at private high-schools. Come here for grade 7-11 and buy in grade 12? Almost immediately after each purchase, there are hundreds of thousands in renovations. Parents visit a few times a year.

Lease/finance transfer? In over their head?
There was a new Dodge Ram trx ($150,000 +) on marketplace the other day advertised. Specifically said no student or work visas. Needed to at least have PR. Would not sell cash, finance only. Strange.

Lease/finance transfer? In over their head?
Interesting. I would love to know the angle. Even if you wanted to dump the finance, a cash offer could do that easily. Trying to convert a cash truck purchase to an income stream that can be reported? Wants to make money off the finance and worried that a student will ghost them? Needs PR's info to ghost own properties (this could be a winner)?

Interesting. I would love to know the angle. Even if you wanted to dump the finance, a cash offer could do that easily. Trying to convert a cash truck purchase to an income stream that can be reported? Wants to make money off the finance and worried that a student will ghost them? Needs PR's info to ghost own properties (this could be a winner)?
Could just be a dealer of sorts or a dealer playing games that wants to make money off the finance.

A lot of foreign students at UofW drive high end cars.Oh wait, maybe they are 3rd generation Canadians.

It looks like the Canadore Northbay foreign student thing was a stunt orchestrated by an Indian student advocacy group based in Montreal. It appears nobody slept in some of the 'stunt tents', and the ones that did were asked to do so by the protest organizers.

Read more that the protest organizers site: https://www.instagram.com/m.y.s.o_/

It looks like the Canadore Northbay foreign student thing was a stunt orchestrated by an Indian student advocacy group based in Montreal. It appears nobody slept in some of the 'stunt tents', and the ones that did were asked to do so by the protest organizers.

Read more that the protest organizers site: https://www.instagram.com/m.y.s.o_/
The latest oxymoron: Journalistic integrity.

Sucked in by any two bit scam or attention whore. Do we need to licence journalism?

Hey, 900k isn't enough...let's bring in their elderly parents that didn't contribute a dime to our economy / country, and then let them live off the healthcare we provide...

I'm not sure what's happening, but this is the first time in my history when I'm getting VERY salty towards our politicians, and what's happening with our country. Seems we're going on a downward spiral and just 'f%@# you everyone' attitude of our politicians due to some idiotic virtue signalling.

Hey, 900k isn't enough...let's bring in their elderly parents that didn't contribute a dime to our economy / country, and then let them live off the healthcare we provide...

I'm not sure what's happening, but this is the first time in my history when I'm getting VERY salty towards our politicians, and what's happening with our country. Seems we're going on a downward spiral and just 'f%@# you everyone' attitude of our politicians due to some idiotic virtue signalling.
I have to agree, I'm becoming very anti-government and more angry with every headline I read.
I'm starting to believe that some politician got there hands on the "How to scam Canadians" booklet and thought "Hey, that would make great policies"... and here we are..

Agreed %100. Every article I read just makes me more and more angry. So they need to provide proof of health insurance, you already know there are scammers spinning their wheels to provide fake documents and fake proof of said health insurance, hospital will admit them and do necessary procedure, then get screwed out of payment.

If you think you're salty I must be pickle brine ever since budgets started balancing themselves.

My M-I-L came from war torn Europe and she and my F-I-L were model immigrants. She saw the decline in responsibility and shook her head saying "They are going to ruin this beautiful country." She was pretty much right although she isn't seeing it any more. RIP.

The article speaks of sponsorship but the past history of making the sponsors pay is dismal.

This seems to be a remake of an attempt by a ethnic MP that wanted anyone over 65 living in Canada to get OAS regardless of how long they lived here and their lack of contribution to the economy. I guess I'm not woke enough to see the wonderfulness of it all.

I have mixed emotions about the NDP. On one hand I detest them supporting the present, IMO, incompetent blatantly corrupt government. On the other hand I would like to see them form a majority federal government and we get to hit the oncoming bankruptcy train head on and end the slow death of Canada. Free everything for everyone, damn the budget. Demand more from big money and watch them flee to the USA or Pacific rim.

If we go bankrupt do we cede to the USA as their 51st state, getting plundered again?

Or do we take 50+ years to start rebuilding?

Look at the demographics. If all the immigrants left we don't have enough breeding pairs to rebuild the population for generations, let alone keep pop in diapers.

In his inaugural address Kennedy said ask not what your country can do for you but rather what you can do for your country. We need that attitude. None of our leaders are doing it so why should us underlings?

Agreed %100. Every article I read just makes me more and more angry. So they need to provide proof of health insurance, you already know there are scammers spinning their wheels to provide fake documents and fake proof of said health insurance, hospital will admit them and do necessary procedure, then get screwed out of payment.
A woman my wife worked with wanted her mother to come from Europe for a visit but the mother failed a medical due to X-ray findings. She waited a while and got someone else to pose for the X-ray and in she came.

Also no doctor should be approving a 7 or 8 month pregnant woman to be getting on a plane to have their baby in Canada to become a citizen.
The doctors don't approve it, they just get on and fly.

My personal opinion...no automatic citizenships for babies born in the country unless the parents have been here long enough to have their own citizenships (or at the very least PR).

But to say that makes me a racist, so I can't.

The doctors don't approve it, they just get on and fly.

My personal opinion...no automatic citizenships for babies born in the country unless the parents have been here long enough to have their own citizenships (or at the very least PR).

But to say that makes me a racist, so I can't.
I repeat my post 136 but in upper case and bold. Yes, I'm yelling and very loud.

Back
Top Bottom