900,000 students coming in… | Page 31 | GTAMotorcycle.com

900,000 students coming in…

Just keep finding more and more reasons to add to the population of the country....

Next, free voters card with every foreign student admission.

Here's another 5k....

It's a shell game...a few thousand from here, a few thousand from there...just keep em guessing where they're coming from.

When did solving the world's problems become our problem?

Here's another 5k....

It's a shell game...a few thousand from here, a few thousand from there...just keep em guessing where they're coming from.

When did solving the world's problems become our problem?

Canada has a history of helping where help is needed. These are people that are having probably one of the shittiest moments on the planet right now. I have no problem with this particular influx just like the Ukrainian refugees.

Canada has a history of helping where help is needed. These are people that are having probably one of the shittiest moments on the planet right now. I have no problem with this particular influx just like the Ukrainian refugees.
I would typically agree...but bringing in the numbers we currently are bringing in...my stance is changing.

Targeted help makes sense. There needs to be proper oversight not just throwing paper at everyone that applies and adding to this pile should result in a reduction in another pile. JT has never been concerned with balance. More is better.

I agree it can't be much worse than what Gazans are living through right now.

I'm mixed on this one. Everything Palestinian in the West Bank and Gaza has always been messy and or dangerous. No states trust Palestinians, it's not just Israel, all adjacent Arab countries restrict entry and immigration - and when refugees do make it to their borders, they are housed in Refugee camps. The countries that do take refugees (Jordan, Lebanon, Syria) offer no path to citizenship or the rights and freedoms available to countrymen.

What can/has the greater Gazan population do to elevate their position? At some point, it must have become apparent that supporting Hamas is not a winning proposition -- so why do they continue taking the punishing consequences of harboring Hamas terrorists? Turning over the terrorists and hostages to the IDF would be a good start -- that would eliminate the need for urban combat.

I'm mixed on this one. Everything Palestinian in the West Bank and Gaza has always been messy and or dangerous. No states trust Palestinians, it's not just Israel, all adjacent Arab countries restrict entry and immigration - and when refugees do make it to their borders, they are housed in Refugee camps. The countries that do take refugees (Jordan, Lebanon, Syria) offer no path to citizenship or the rights and freedoms available to countrymen.

What can/has the greater Gazan population do to elevate their position? At some point, it must have become apparent that supporting Hamas is not a winning proposition -- so why do they continue taking the punishing consequences of harboring Hamas terrorists? Turning over the terrorists and hostages to the IDF would be a good start -- that would eliminate the need for urban combat.

I don’t think too many Palestinians will actually be involved in this though as they do not trust the Israelis to let them back in.

Responsibility, you can take or leave but to say one is shocked about the potential refugee crises when supporting a country that is bombing an entire population can not be taken seriously.
Some people in Canada freak over students coming over with education and money. lots and lots of money! but want other countries to take in the Palestine's from Gaza?

Again, it’s because it would become permanent. Israel has a bit of a habit of trying to balance population (and future population) in its favour. Look at the immigration programs etc. In the not too distant future Arabs would be the majority in Israel due to birth rate differences. That’s the nightmare scenario for Israel as how can you continue to say you’re a democracy under those conditions without serious concessions to the majority population?

Again, it’s because it would become permanent. Israel has a bit of a habit of trying to balance population (and future population) in its favour. Look at the immigration programs etc. In the not too distant future Arabs would be the majority in Israel due to birth rate differences. That’s the nightmare scenario for Israel as how can you continue to say you’re a democracy under those conditions without serious concessions to the majority population?
I don’t know if they have a better option. Palestinians have never embraced peace, diplomacy, or worked to control terrorists. The cultural acceptance of terror is as scary to their Arab neighbours as it is to their Jewish neighbours.

At some point they will be extirpated or they will get on the same page as their neighbours and start the long journey to peaceful statehood.

For a few thousand years it’s been the former.

I don’t know if they have a better option. Palestinians have never embraced peace, diplomacy, or worked to control terrorists. The cultural acceptance of terror is as scary to their Arab neighbours as it is to their Jewish neighbours.

At some point they will be extirpated or they will get on the same page as their neighbours and start the long journey to peaceful statehood.

For a few thousand years it’s been the former.

They’ve never been allowed the first two which is why they turn to the third choice.

They’ve never been allowed the first two which is why they turn to the third choice.
Yes they have. They made great strides in the last decade. The Palestinians ****** up the promise of peace after entering the Oslo Accords in the 90s.

Things settled down and were more peaceful up till October. The Abraham Accords were helping pave the way to peace across a big part of the Middle East, then the Palestinians ****** that up.

They had choices. They made the terror choices again - bad choice.

Yes they have. They made great strides in the last decade. The Palestinians ****** up the promise of peace after entering the Oslo Accords in the 90s.

Things settled down and were more peaceful up till October. The Abraham Accords were helping pave the way to peace across a big part of the Middle East, then the Palestinians ****** that up.

They had choices. They made the terror choices again - bad choice.

The one big stumbling block of the right to return of the largest single refugee group in the world has never been accepted by Israel (for a reason I went over before). That’s not an equitable peace offer. It’s “take it or leave it”. No large scale settlements have been demolished at all, in contravention of numerous UN resolutions. Now Bibi is being sought by the ICC and they still couldn’t care.

The one time Israel had a reasonable head of state another Israeli assassinated him.

All this against a background of actual, factual, illegal occupation for decades.

This has never been a two way street..hence Hamas.

Back
Top Bottom