80s Kids: Hostess Barbecue Chicken Potato Chips? | GTAMotorcycle.com

80s Kids: Hostess Barbecue Chicken Potato Chips?

AF4iK

Site Supporter
Does anyone remember this awesome flavour? Hands down my favourite of all time for all eternity and beyond. Except none of my friends remember it!

I recall feeling devastated when Lays took over Hostess. Barbecue Chicken was replaced with the vastly inferior "Roast Chicken" and good ol' BBQ has been replaced with Lays' disgraceful approximation of the flavour. They did, however, release a limited run of "Old Barbecue" which is similar to the original Hostess. If anyone has seen it around town please let me know.

A71AcIACcAAz95Y.jpg:large

I totally forgot about the hostess "mascots". I've always been a salt & vinegar guy as most bbq flavours don't really interest me. I'll keep my eyes open up here just to see if I remember the taste.

Wow, have not thought about those in decades... I feel old now :(

I have always had a soft spot for sour cream and baon flavoured chips and hickory sticks (the real ones, not the hicokory potato sticks and other cheap facilimiles). both still available.

The hostess chips take me back to being a kid too
hickorysticks.jpg

I miss pizza flavour chips.

Did you guys know Hostess made fruit flavoured chips in the 70s? Like grape, cherry, etc. Sounds disgusting.

ketchup chips , dill pickle, sour cream and chive, all dressed...... none should ever left the factory.

Kettle cooked sea salt, that my friends is a potato chip.

ketchup chips , dill pickle, sour cream and chive, all dressed...... none should ever left the factory.

Kettle cooked sea salt, that my friends is a potato chip.

Blasphemy! :D I don't think my childhood would've been the same without ketchup chips. Such a kid's flavour. I also wouldn't have survived without banana popsicles... apparently they didn't exist in western Canada or the US.

Does anyone remember this awesome flavour? Hands down my favourite of all time for all eternity and beyond. Except none of my friends remember it!

I recall feeling devastated when Lays took over Hostess. Barbecue Chicken was replaced with the vastly inferior "Roast Chicken" and good ol' BBQ has been replaced with Lays' disgraceful approximation of the flavour. They did, however, release a limited run of "Old Barbecue" which is similar to the original Hostess. If anyone has seen it around town please let me know.

A71AcIACcAAz95Y.jpg:large

Wow. Anyone remember "rip into rock" back in the day ?

Banana popsicles and washed it down with Tahiti treat soda pop................thank God riding my pedal bike 9kms to the nearest store keep me from being a fat kid

Banana popsicles and washed it down with Tahiti treat soda pop................thank God riding my pedal bike 9kms to the nearest store keep me from being a fat kid

LOL. My favorite pop as a kid was Tahiti Treat.

How many people remember Nerds candy?

LOL. My favorite pop as a kid was Tahiti Treat.

How many people remember Nerds candy?

I was openning a small box of thermometer covers the other day and thought of nerds candy since the boxes opened the same lol.

Since we're nostalgia about the 80s

[video=youtube;HeEWtNaW6KE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeEWtNaW6KE[/video]

Back
Top Bottom