50cc scooter insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

50cc scooter insurance

gixxer93

18 years old, m1 soon to get m2 and soon to getting G2 in November. What should i expect if I was going for 50cc scooter insurance? I've heard that it's ridiculously cheap.

Really?
The MOT website says that all motorized vehicles on the road need insurance. Can you provide a link proving your point?

he is absolutely wrong.
any motorized vehicle needs to be properly licensed and insured.
the only exception are e-bikes.

the MTO website explains this clearly.

Honestly, most people here probably dont have a 50cc scooter that they ride / insure. Best way is to probably call up statefarm or another insurance company. Try statefarm though because of your age.

I am unsure about your age, so you'll need to phone, but I would guess $350/yr. You need insurance for any motorized vehicle except an e-bike (classified like a bicycle).

I have a Yamaha BWS R that I ride and ensure. I can tell you that a 50cc scooter MUST have insurance and you must have at least an LCM license to be able to ride it on the road.

I'm curious as to where people get the idea that you don't need insurance for a scooter under 50cc?

Last edited:
Alright thanks.

So can anyone else help with my problem?

Rukus is right.

I have the Yamaha because it gives me a discount on my car insurance because it puts me in the multiple vehicle discount group. Costs me $123 a year and gets me 10% off of my other vehicles. In you case I would guess also that you would be in the $300 to $500 range for insurance.

Anything below 49cc you can ride for free NO insurance and you dont need a licence for that.

As far as i know there are no manufacturers making scooters below 49cc. Honda, Yamaha and Benelli all have 49cc scooters. All of which require licensing and insurance.

Not sure where you got your misinformation.....

I've been calling out insurance recently as I'm hoping to get a new bike and when I was considering the 50cc scooter instead of a bike (commuting primarily) the 50cc came in around $250/year (not including theft, etc). I'm 31M with a clean G at this stage. Out of all the insurance companies I called/checked online...Scotia had the best rates hands down for my needs.

For a small scooter, you could give The Co-operators a shot as well.

Back
Top Bottom