37 DAYS TO RIDING SEASON THREAD | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

37 DAYS TO RIDING SEASON THREAD

I sure hope you guys are right! I'm home 3 more times (March / April / May) before baby #2 comes! Then I'm sure my riding season will be severely cut down for a bit.

Well that is nice. Have you gone to Tibidabo when you were in Barcelona. The road to there is quite nice and the view is amazing

No I haven't, yet.. If that is the area I think it is, with the army bunker, the radio tower, and the Monastery on the top of the hill. I've been meaning to get over to there, but not yet. I usually spend time over at Montjuic, which is easily accessible. Plus that electric scooter doesn't do hills well.

Yep that is it. There is also a nice theme park on the top. There is a public transport bus ( I forgot the number) that will take you there. It is very much worth the trip. You can rent a scooter near the "Feniqular" the gondola and then you can cruise in style ( it is pretty economical). Let me know your impressions if you go (y)?

I saw 5 bikes on the road yesterday, but more importantly I heard birds chirping this morning...which to me indicates riding season is here! I was planning mid April to get out but I think I might be out sooner, hopefully this expected rain washes away the salt left over on the roads.

Sent from my SM-G965W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I was out in the car most of the morning. Was expecting to see 1 bike out there, but nothing. I rather wait for the snow to melt off and dry up a bit more. Next week looks promising with some Sun with close to double digits.

There never is a specific day that works every year. Some years I have been out riding full time every day till winter starting in March, others is much later then that. Weather is not interested in our calendars and timings unfortunately.

Riding season never stops for me..... Rode my Iron Horse to work today.....

This year I've ridden at least once every month to work so far...Jan, Feb, March. Riding season never ends for me, both my babies are in the garage plugged into a trickle charger ready to rumble the whole year....

Here's to the Invincible Summer within.....

Pic taken March 1st 2019
HMkuHv2.jpg

Last edited:
Rode to work yesterday, pulled up to our designated bike parking area, and this is what greeted me.

Didn't see any other bikes on the road, but pretty sure I heard one behind me stopped at some lights.
eafd5c0a2f9c70be2a79e98ce2272de8.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I've had all winter to clean the air filters in the Ossa.And i finally got around to it tonite.
P3160049_zpsf0vllnl6.jpg

weather back in negatives... adding +10 days to the tally before 1st ride... :(

Still trying to chop some of the, up to three feet of, ice out of my driveway.

They laid down buttloads of salt all over the roads out here this morning. The cars are just grinding it up now and it's salt dust everywhere. I thought about going out this afternoon but Highway 2 looked like a complete dust bowl in some spots, all salt....

Still brutal. The quasi melt created an ice dam in front of my garage doors, went in to do some work on the girls only to find an inch of water in there.

Luckily the spring maint is done on my daily rides... just waiting for the first clear day over 5 degrees and my season in on!

Back
Top Bottom