23 M1 S1000RR $12000/yr | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

23 M1 S1000RR $12000/yr

Regardless of how the op can afford the bike and insurance, which insurance company will even write that policy?
A person cannot be denied insurance in Ontario. Eventually you'll find a company that insurers that model and they'll quote you accordingly. This is clearly the 'go away' price, they win either way.

5 grand spread on an annual insurance quote!
Thank goodness our rates are government regulated :ROFLMAO:

With that insurance premium, he could buy a new motorcycle every year.

This makes me sad inside.So many bikes i could try out with that kind of money

Anyways, ride safe OP!

Next time,
buy a crappy little scooter when you are 16 and insure it,
by the time you are 23 and married your minimal insurance rate on that super nice BMW would be about about 800$ per year.
... assuming you don't get tickets.

Next time,
by the time you are 23 and married your minimal insurance rate on that super nice BMW would be about about 800$ per year.
Words to live by, for those time travelers among us on GTAM

... is too late for him but not the other readers

Next time,
Did that 51 years ago. Still have it. Crappy little scooter is about $800 per year ...
... no tickets or at faults.

Next time,
That almost makes sense, but finding $1000++ a year to insure your crappy scooter when you are 16 isn't easy.

Sorry if this is rude, r u guys too old to understand emoji? :sneaky:
I'm old and I read it as "I'm joking".

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Did that 51 years ago. Still have it. Crappy little scooter is about $800 per year ...
Holy you are getting ripped or you don't have minimal insurance.

I just got a $7k quote today and I'm taking it.

Almost $600/month. Wow. Steep price to pay for 2 or 3 weeks of riding season left (realistically) before you get the pleasure of paying that premium for another ~6 months before you get the bike out again.

Regardless of how the op can afford the bike and insurance, which insurance company will even write that policy?

Curious to know as well.

Next time,

Earns cheaper insurance. Doesn't do squat for actually learning anything from experience if that little scooter never actually moves and is only there to build insurance history.

Like Trials said, you're getting raped. Call some brokers. I'm paying <$500/year on my 1300, much less $800 for a scooter!

.... Doesn't do squat for actually learning anything from experience if that little scooter never actually moves and is only there to build insurance history.
Ever rode one? They are a blast!
I bought a nice Honda C90 for 200$ once, who wouldn't want to ride the tyres off a scooter?

oh wait :| probably Seven would not want to be seen dead on one

Best luck with your motorcycle experience Seven (y) that's a real nice motorcycle you have there,
1000rr would have been my second choice when I bought my MV Agusta,
but I liked the 50 pound lighter machine with narrow hips and nicer curves way better.

Ever rode one? They are a blast!

Yep, they are fun. But yes, the OP wouldn't be caught dead on one I'm sure. And the person who made the scooter suggestion seemed suggestive of the fact you just buy it, park it, and gain the "Experience" (for insurance purposes) that way. Which is just 'experience on paper' in the end, nothing actual real. Still heads out on the roads on that shiny new (albeit cheaply insured SS) as a statistic waiting to happen.

Next time,
I like "next time". Hope I remember

He's 23 years old! he probably thinks you can just hit restart and play again.

The rare case its almost cheaper to get caught and pay the fine for no insurance lolz (don't do that)

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not -- an M1 rider shopping for anything with an RR is comical to me. I'd ask the BMW dealer will toss in a free funeral plot with the bike.

I read the crap on 'maybe he's a pro rider' -- I'm doubting that, he wouldn't be asking a bunch internet Joes for advice.

Good luck with the ride, hope don't see you name on one of our sadder forums.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom