23 M1 S1000RR $12000/yr | GTAMotorcycle.com

23 M1 S1000RR $12000/yr

I'm 23 married with a clean history for my G license. Passed M1 a month ago and passed RTI's M1X course 2 weeks ago.
I want to ride a bit before the season is over so I couldn't wait for my M2.
Called RBC, riders plus, echelon, intact, told me they don't take bikes over 800cc. Desjardin has an age limit.
Only TD will give me a chance only if I write a paper application and mail it to them for evaluation, but they are asking for $12000/yr.

23, newly licensed and a litre bike just isn’t going to fly with the insurance companies. You will need to find something much tamer for the next 5 years or so. A 600 supersport isn’t going to be to far off that price either.

* I personally try not to harp on the beginner bike stuff BUT an S1000RR is pretty serious. You can get yourself hurt real quick. Get some riding time under your belt first.

23, newly licensed and a litre bike just isn’t going to fly with the insurance companies. You will need to find something much tamer for the next 5 years or so. A 600 supersport isn’t going to be to far off that price either.

* I personally try not to harp on the beginner bike stuff BUT an S1000RR is pretty serious. You can get yourself hurt real quick. Get some riding time under your belt first.

I was prepared to be quoted for something like $7000/yr, but damn, 12k really surprised me. I'd rather pay twice as much for the bike itself and have cheaper insurance.

I was prepared to be quoted for something like $7000/yr, but damn, 12k really surprised me. I'd rather pay twice as much for the bike itself and have cheaper insurance.
It will drop when you receive your M2.

Riding without insurance fine is (starting at) $10,000 but they have to catch you first, no issue with a liter bike ;)

The above is a joke, doing this is a bad idea, as is a S1000RR as a first bike

If you can afford the ride, you can afford the insurance.
Maybe set you sights a little lower for the first couple of years ?

What if I got caught twice:sneaky:, a new bike there.
Not really, the fine is 5000 minimum, 50000 maximum. They'd hit you harder the second time.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

It’s best to learn to walk before you can run or else you will grab a handful of throttle and you’ll fly before you can walk lol. Liter bike is no joke for a beginner man. You can get a 500 or 650cc bike as it’s sort of beginner friendly.

It's been a while since we've had one of these threads. :sneaky:

OP, what you're doing is the equivalent of buying a Lamborghini as your first car.

It's a really awesome car and all, but you have neither the skills nor the acquired knowledge to actually drive it to it's limits to begin with (which of course, being a Lamborghini and all, is just yelling at you to try regardless), and because of the insane risk of you crashing and both injuring yourself as well as destroying or severely damaging the car, insurance companies would rape you.

So, most people buy modest first cars that are more realistically affordable and more suited to their skills to begin with. They gain experience and the trust of their insurance company. Ideally they get some advanced driver/rider training along the way. THEN they buy the rocketship once they have actually (hopefully) gained the skills necessary to operate it without it ending badly.

You're going about this all wrong.

Buy a more modest bike - even a 300-500cc bike will still take you several years to learn to ride to it's limits....and I don't mean "going fast in a straight line", either.

I hope you didn't buy the bike already?

Honestly, $1000/month was actually not as high as I figured. We've heard worse.

And riding without insurance as was hinted at is silly. First time you need to run all the aforementioned lack of skill will catch up to you quickly. And then you'll have a whole other can of worms to worry about. And good luck outrunning a helicopter, which is what a lot of runners don't anticipate....

Last edited:
If you were prepared to spent $7K a year on insurance then whats another $5K?

Nobody aged 23 with a month old M1/M2 should be on an S1000RR

Last edited:
What if I got caught twice:sneaky:, a new bike there.
As a moderator i may be out of line saying this.( i would say it to his face btw). If you got caught twice riding dirty,then we would probably be rid of you in the motorcycle community.Which would be a good thing.
Normally i would end this with "ride safe".But i won't,because i really hope you don't ride at all with your attitude.

Back
Top Bottom