2022 Day Trips! | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2022 Day Trips!

I've been checking out real-estate there. My wife and I have been discussing the possibility of retiring there 3-5 years from now. It would be a huge decision to make.

Have you ever been here before?

If you have, surprised you haven't picked up and moved here in a heartbeat. We came on a snowboard vacation while on our big trip and we pretty much decided to move here almost immediately. Gorgeous mountains and lakes to play on, as well as plenty of trails and roads. No precipitation in the summertime, but big and dry champagne powder on the surrounding hills during the winter.

If you like motorcycles, powersports or anything to do with the outdoors - skiing, hiking, boating, snowmobiling, skidooing, snowbiking, mountain biking, you name it, it's all literally right outside your front door.

Have you ever been here before?

If you have, surprised you haven't picked up and moved here in a heartbeat. We came on a snowboard vacation while on our big trip and we pretty much decided to move here almost immediately. Gorgeous mountains and lakes to play on, as well as plenty of trails and roads. No precipitation in the summertime, but big and dry champagne powder on the surrounding hills during the winter.

If you like motorcycles, powersports or anything to do with the outdoors - skiing, hiking, boating, snowmobiling, skidooing, snowbiking, mountain biking, you name it, it's all literally right outside your front door.
Nope, never been. My fear with retirement is staying busy. If we moved west, we could spend that time exploring a whole new area. From Yukon to California. That would essentially be the retirement.

Reactions: LBV
Nope, never been. My fear with retirement is staying busy. If we moved west, we could spend that time exploring a whole new area. From Yukon to California. That would essentially be the retirement.

LOL, that is exactly what we've been doing out here.

In 2022, we've roamed all over the west coast, exploring all over the Cascades in WA (which is basically an extension of the Okanagan), and doing short week-long+ trips into California, Nevada and Utah. Trips to the SW US used to take us 4-5 days from Toronto just to get there. Now it takes us a day and a half.

We've only begun to barely scratch the surface of all the Western and SW riding we could be doing. Now that the borders and travel have opened up, 2023 is going to be even better!

I love living here!

Moar fall colours, ride around Orangeville. Hit up Hockley Valley road and Mono cliffs road. So nice!

@timtune version of fall colours!
golden fall.jpg

The more traditional version someplace outside of Orangeville
outside of orangeville.jpg

At Hockley Valley resort
sunny and golden.jpg

Damn white bikes look good.

Sweet shots .... Where exactly was "The more traditional version someplace outside of Orangeville"?

Thanks!

So when I go to Orangeville I never usually take HWY 9, but the roads just north of it. This is around Adjala Techumseth and Adjala 5 sideroad (near Concesion rd 7 I believe, there is a horse farm at the corner).

Here is a shot from the gopro in the area, south of Colgan
GH018370-0001.jpg

Here is a photo at the church in Colgan
IMG_5533.jpg

Was out again yesterday and snapped some "honest to goodness" fall colour pics just for @sburns. Was about to post when I realized I never had a memory card in the camera. That's what I get for taking pictures without glasses on.

Was out again yesterday and snapped some "honest to goodness" fall colour pics just for @sburns. Was about to post when I realized I never had a memory card in the camera. That's what I get for taking pictures without glasses on.
Lol, dam I would have been very interested. You've expanded my view of fall colours!

Re: Adjala 5 sideroad

Ahh, that's the road that splits to the right just past the school when getting on Hockley Rd from #10 ... all paved it seems too, right? Goes past hwy 50 ... will need to do that 1 day, thanks.

1666712027292.png

Re: Adjala 5 sideroad

Ahh, that's the road that splits to the right just past the school when getting on Hockley Rd from #10 ... all paved it seems too, right? Goes past hwy 50 ... will need to do that 1 day, thanks.

View attachment 58157
Yes that's the very west end of it. Paved all the way, GPS will state it's gravel at some point but it's wrong.
That whole area is confusing to me, so many side roads with the same number but change after a certain point to another number. I guess it's not a bad area to get lost in.

With the warmish weather this might be a good destination.
Love the place....excellent food and very pretty.

1666747859790.png

Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at Sep, 2    2013    10.57.18 PM.jpeg
1666748031568.png
Old style elegance and home style cooking. You pay $8 for the entrance and get it back if you order a meal. Nice ride through the length of the park.
1666750140903.png

Last edited:
Nice shots @sburns. I was driving home through the area on Sunday and there’s no need for Algonquin Park rides.

The forest looked on fire in Hockley, through Beeton and along 27 and 10.

Beautiful drive just wish I had time to take the bike.

With the warmish weather this might be a good destination.
Love the place....excellent food and very pretty.

View attachment 58165

View attachment 58166
View attachment 58167
Old style elegance and home style cooking. You pay $8 for the entrance and get it back if you order a meal. Nice ride through the length of the park.
View attachment 58169
Finally visited on our drive to the US Open in September. Beautiful Park and lunch and desert was excellent.

Your recommendation over the years had me put it out my Google maps list.

Thanks for the recommendation and BTW it was voted as the best State Park in the US in 2021.

skeleton bay

GpfE3Hi.jpg

how do you find it for the longer rides?

i've always had naked bikes so my point of reference might not matter much, but i find it just fine. its styled like a cafe racer but the handlebars have stock risers on them so they're not aggressively positioned. i have a dart piranha shield on there but thats mainly for cosmetics and probably doesnt do anything besides keep bug guts off of my dash area. if you can put up with wind blast, i guess any bike can take you anywhere though.

i mostly found it annoying when getting off the 400 onto highway 11. i expected road speed to calm down so i can just enjoy a leisurely ride but cars on the 90km/h limit smaller highway were going FASTER than they were on the 400 lol.

one big comfort change from a minor alteration was replacing the skinny stock handlebar grips with some thicker ones (i put biltwell torker grips on there). i also have a cramp buster which definitely helps. i've been trying to find some sort of throttle lock without spending a lot of $ though. went on a 1000km trip earlier in the year and that would have been helpful on the transcanada highway.

After going through many different TLs the GoCruise II I find easy to use and I like you can put it on even if you have BarkBusters etc on the bar ends, also easy to switch between bikes.
Just make sure you get the aluminum version with the thumbscrew.
1666856939246.png
The silicon ring really helps but you can also use silicone tape to avoid removing bar ends.

Back
Top Bottom