2021 MotoGP Discussion (No Links - Contains Spoilers!) | Page 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021 MotoGP Discussion (No Links - Contains Spoilers!)

My rank gives MM the injury benefit of the doubt. He is still an 8x world champion. That has to count for something.
Mir gets 2 since the season is not over. Quartararo is on his way to become a champion, but he also faded in the 2nd half of last season too. Let's see if he clinches it. If he does, then I would move him to #2.

Re: Zarco. he is a quality rider, but i think where is is appropriate. He has yet to win a motogp race.

now this makes me smile
one the classiest, well liked riders of the modern era
hope he has a good weekend

like. makes me smile too.
will be good to see pedrosa on the grid. Im hoping for a top ten !

moto gp needs some sprint races.

Last edited:
Rossi retires

The Saudis are gonna be ******! So much so apparently they want to buy his whole company and brand...

Not a huge surprise, but still strange to think about the grid without him. I've been following GP's his whole career, and in some ways I grew up with him, as we're a similar age. He's never been the guy I cheer for, but I've always respected him and his immense talent. Once upon a time, I never thought anyone would top Doohan. Then I never thought anyone would top Rossi, but if Marquez can return to his old form, he has the potential to do so.

Different eras etc., but either way, Rossi is still the only racer ever who has truly transcended the sport into the popular consciousness. Sheene did it in the UK, but not globally like Rossi has. It'll be interesting to see how the sport does without him as the face...

I have to admit when I heard Bezzechi is going to sign with SRT, and that Tanal was pressuring Rossi to ride to secure the sponsorship that he was not going to retire.

So now the question becomes who gets the 2nd VR46 seat? If he's looking for an Italian, pickings are slim beyond Bezzechi. If you look at Moto2, the best candidate is Lorenzo Baldasarri. He has struggled the last season and a half, but he is still a Moto2 race winner. Arbolino, Vietti and Dalla Porta are not ready. I don't think anyone else will be MotoGP level.

An interesting candidate could be Michael Rinaldi from WSBK. He has won races and has an existing relationship with Ducati.

I've really enjoyed watching QP this year, and today didn't disappoint. Record laps, track limits drama, another pole for Martin, Bagnaia looking fast, Pedrosa looking competitive, Crutchlow looking very non-competitive, Quatararo at the front as usual, Vinales looking like he has decent race pace but struggling in quali. Yamaha looks like they at least have a shot, while KTM looks a bit lost at their home round. Mir on the second row could be dangerous, too, considering how much he typically picks up on a Sunday...

I'm hoping the rain holds off for tomorrow, but it's not looking promising...

wow that is very surprising.
this breakup is getting ugly it seems

wow, very unusual

hard to think he was running on the rev limiter in 5th on purpose?
to what end? blow up the engine and blame his troubles on the bike?
surely he knows that would be discovered?

if it's determined to be intentional, I'd guess he never rides the M1 again

Might also have something to do with Vinales' father/agent publicly accusing Yamaha of sabotaging his bike for the restart on social media.

Curious how Aprilia feels about all this, though they did support that idiot Iannone to the bitter end...

Vinales looks awful through this, but so do Yamaha. They now have a bunch of seats to fill, three of four bikes that consistently can't crack the top 10, and little way forward. Even Bezzecchi is apparently closer to going to VR46 again.

Apparently the panic announcement from KTM that Fernandez (in the middle of FP4!) was joining Gardner at Tech 3 may have been predicated by either Yamaha or Aprilia finding a loophole in his contract that may have allowed escape if he stayed in Moto2. Apparently Raul desperately wants onto a Yamaha, as he thinks it is the bike that will match his bike best, but KTM have him locked up with no intention of losing him like they lost Martin. Aprilia also supposedly offered a huge and long deal, which would be odd if the Vinales thing is all but done...

they sure love to run in each other down in the media:
re: Morbidelli on the 2 year old M1

Luigi Dall’Igna said: “Ducati would not have behaved like this with a world championship runner-up"

and Yamaha would have taken better care of Dovi

wow, very unusual

He may have ended his career with this stunt.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

they sure love to run in each other down in the media:
re: Morbidelli on the 2 year old M1

Luigi Dall’Igna said: “Ducati would not have behaved like this with a world championship runner-up"

and Yamaha would have taken better care of Dovi

Pretty rich coming from Ducati, who have relentlessly mismanaged their riders since Stoner left in a huff. Not that they're alone, but pots, kettles, stones, glass houses, etc.

Petronas to run only Moto GP bikes next year, trimming down their budget. Wonder where divebomb binder ends up?

Petronas to run only Moto GP bikes next year, trimming down their budget. Wonder where divebomb binder ends up?
Petronas is gone srt will be only running gp to not go bankrupt. Need a sponsor badly.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

sounds like they are also going to get year-old bikes with no development, similar to what tech3 had during its yamaha days.

the competitiveness of this team is going to slip.

wow, very unusual

That seems like exactly what happened, it seems like his old habits of self-sabotage came out; he was seen off track with a smirk on his face during FP1 with his pit crew.

You got to feel for the poor bastard, he has extreme talent when the stars are aligned but is forever cursed with a constant need to self-sabotage with they aren't and this is even when things were looking positively now that he was exiting Yamaha and seemed to secure a ride next year at Aprillia. Patience

I think Lin Jarvis knows what a disgruntled rider can do, and while he seems like a loyal guy, given how he handled Rossi and JLO, it cannot be left unaddressed to have a rider who is willing to purposely damage an engine midseason.

There is no way to excuse his behaviour, I think he may be done as a GP rider entirely: then again Ianone and Fenati both continued to get ride or offers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom