2021 MotoGP Discussion (No Links - Contains Spoilers!) | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021 MotoGP Discussion (No Links - Contains Spoilers!)

that's too bad
I thought having Cal around Yamaha was going to help him
different generations, but I heard they became good friends

Mav has immense natural talent
hope he can get his demons sorted

maybe getting rid of Dad as the manager would be a good start

Yahama is a **** show. Just my uneducated opinion. But it seems they pick one rider and give full support to that rider only. E.g. new tech, setup , deveolpment etc. In this case its FQ. Im not defending what MV may or may not of done. But you can cleary see how they treat the other 3 riders. Especially Morbibilli . How the hell can they continue to give a top contender a 2 year old bike is beyond reason. Unless all they care about is supporting the one rider that they believe in. If I was Morbidilli I woudn't join the factory team. It will screw him over just like they did to MV. Morbiddili should see if he can get out now.

During FP1 this morning. They also showed him entering the pits and into the box ouncing off the rev limiter at full throttle, and on track staff heard him bouncing off rev limiter during the race.

Seen here:

I think he might be done in GP after this stunt and him taking to Social Media instead of trying to discreetly handle this in private between Yamaha:

I hate to say it but this is the problem with being a public figure, you feel too invested on damage limitation on your brand and the fake World of Social Media becomes more your reality than the real thing.

Attachments

• MV.png
    MV.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Thrilling finale! The last lap was crazy and seeing Pecco fly through the ice-skating pack made for a real nail-biter. I initially thought Rins and Miller might benefit the most from the early pit in but after the leading pack came out of the pits it showed that the track wasn't wet enough just yet. Glad the 3-second penalty didn't amount to anything in the end.

During FP1 this morning. They also showed him entering the pits and into the box ouncing off the rev limiter at full throttle, and on track staff heard him bouncing off rev limiter during the race.
So is a motoGP engine really that fragile? Or are Yamaha just ****** that Vinales was ****** and acted out?

Its a shame it came to this.

Vinales finally announced for Aprilia today. If he has a hope of getting his head straight anywhere, it'll be with Noale where he has the full support of everyone, including his teammate, apparently. Seems the contract is for a year, with an optional second, and it's a hefty pay cut from his Yamaha wages. I think it'll be 50/50 whether this works out, but Aprilia has to gamble, as proven race-winners aren't readily available and Vinales has a much higher potential ceiling than an aging Dovi.

Thrilling finale! The last lap was crazy and seeing Pecco fly through the ice-skating pack made for a real nail-biter. I initially thought Rins and Miller might benefit the most from the early pit in but after the leading pack came out of the pits it showed that the track wasn't wet enough just yet. Glad the 3-second penalty didn't amount to anything in the end.
Totally bananas, and absolute drama from beginning to end. I personally wish it stayed dry, as the race was absolutely incredible up to that point, with the lead group of Marquez, Bagnaia, Quartararo and Martin all going at each other hammer and tongs. It would have been so much fun to see who had the tires left, and whether the deep braking of the Honda or Yamaha corner speed would hold off the Ducati drag bikes.

Still, the rain did fall, and full credit to Binder for seeing it was his chance to zig when everyone else zagged, and then to keep it upright on an ice-cold set of bowling balls for just long enough. I feel for Bagnaia, as I think he had a better shot at the win if it stayed dry, and he so badly wants that top step. Between bad luck and his own self-inflicted wounds he's had a tough go, but I think a win is only a matter of time. It'll be interesting to see if Martin can maintain his competitiveness at tracks that are less about drag racing than Qatar and Austria.

Ultimately a bad day for Quartararo, losing ground to two rivals, but considering how bad it could have been for him at Spielberg, he probably won't complain about the two weekends together. I'm sure he would've preferred a podium with Pecco and Marc, but he got a DNF from Miller and Zarco to buy him breathing room there, and Bagnaia hasn't been consistent enough to mount a serious challenge. Looks like Mir will be his main threat for the championship.

So is a motoGP engine really that fragile? Or are Yamaha just ****** that Vinales was ****** and acted out?

Mostly the latter I suspect, especially when combined with his public complaining and his fathers' accusations of Yamaha sabotaging his bike. But with limited engine allocations for the year, bouncing a precious motor off the rev limiter, even intermittently over a couple laps, can't be good. Citing safety is probably a bit disingenuous, but the lack of maturity is likely the biggest issue...

Probably both, but he failed to deliver anything more than a few wins at Yamaha even as team leader on a bike and full support of the factory, which prior to his arrival had champions on both sides with Rossi and JLO. That DNA never went away, it just required a rider that could adapt to it and maximize it's strength the way Fabio does by incoprerating JLO's high corner speed and smoother inputs. It's a solid package under capable hands, sadly Rossi lost it and JLO retired, but luckily you see Fabio maing the most of the package so it's only right he gets to lead that team.

As for QC/QA: riders likely rev these bikes on/to rev limiter when they do burn outs with one hand when they win, so I think they likely are capable of it mechanically speaking, but for the bigwigs in Japan/Yamaha I bet it's more like 'why do we deal with this highly paid child when he's bad mouthed us in public, and we know the relationship is over and Fabio is going to win us a championship?' Remember Yamaha had to apologize to both Rossi and Mav in public, and now with new pilot in the works team and an inferior test rider during COVID they are doing better than ever?!

Corpos in Japan never forget, it's why the salary man lifestyle to climb the ladder is the sad trope that it is.

Yamaha are probably milking this and stoking the fires in the media in order to terminate his contract early, altogether in order to save some money (and prbably knock down his over priced value as a rider) just focus the development around Fabio, so I don't blame them.

It's all a part of the dirty business behind professional motorsports, especially when things go sour: think Fernando Alonso calling Honda's F1 engine a "GP2 engine' at Suzuka and all the drama from that fall out that eventually got him barred from even competting in IndyCar with a Honda years later due to that stunt. It's the same mentality in action, and in Japanese culture you do not air dirty laundry in public--Nakamoto-san at HRC being a prime example of the culture of how things get resolved in Japanese Megacorps with millions/billions at stake.

I'm not saying it's good, it's just what it is.

Honestly, as a Marc and Mir fan who is looking forward to that rivalry as that heats up on/off the track: Mav is incredibly talented rider when things are perfect, but he failed to live up to his hype (see my handle) after his first opening rounds at Yamaha, and as I said for the past 2 seasons he has to part with Yamaha to save his GP career.

I never thought he'd do something so blatantly stupid as this while on the bike, they can literally see every micrometer of throttle input on a GP bike on the telemetry, but I knew he was likely to start acting out if he didn't--I figured he'd throw tantrum in the boxes, or just stop doing press obligations and throw a fuss in the media and end things sulking with more 'ask Yamaha' like antics.

I still think he should of have got a Ducati, even a satelite bike given his riding style, but maybe Aprillia is where he needs to be to make his career into something more than just 'what could have been' which is what it has been since he left Suzuki.

Either way, its for the best, hopefully he gets the mental aspect sorted as he is a really solid rider when he can overcome those demons.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_F
More silly season rumours: Darren Binder and Iker Lecuona to run for the soon-to-be-former SRT team. I think Lecuona may surprise a bit on the Yamaha, but overall not a strong rider lineup.

Rossi having a baby isn't going to increase his speed at all....but good for him.
Saw this on IG. so that's what his new hobby is going to be.

Reactions: J_F
Mav out…Cal in.

8d98b56d6dd950c3ec9e32a73a70961c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake Dixon moves up from moto2 on to Morbidelli’s ride for the British GP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if/when Morbidelli comes back from injury if Yahama will offer him the seat or if they will continue to screw him over also. I really want to see him on a level playing field against Fabio. Finishing second overall last year on a older bike than the top riders tells me he has alot more to offer. Probably better the FQ.
That James Dixon move is more about optics to please the British fans. The more this plays out the more I despise Yamaha as a team.

Back
Top Bottom