2021 Day Trips! | Page 16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021 Day Trips!

What do I have to do to get an invite for next time?
Just look at the Rides sub-forum. Not speaking for others, but when I post up a ride I try to give a few days or a week advance notice.
The ride groups are small, so they will fill up quick.

Being healthy and fit is a must in my opinion - no way I could do this if I didn't eat well or was not physically active. The more I exercise, the less my wrists, knees, back and neck will hurt. We also eat small portions and snack frequently to keep energy levels up and prevent zoning out.
I am learning this part the hard way. Finding my body is wreaked/sore a little after a long ride, got kinda right shoulder problem going on. Currently re-assessing my physical/exercise routine.

Yesterday's ride to Calabogie and North Bay...😬

Got up early again and headed East to Belleville then north....ah.. let's get the highlight!!

That's right folks we have a new sheriff in town!! :LOL::LOL:
I have my own town it seems. Just East of Calabogie in case you want to visit!
burnstown.jpg

Oh and I went to these places to...not as interesting but fun to see!!
bellville reids dairy.jpg

Flinton Falls
flinton falls.jpg

Calabogie
calabogie.jpg

Renfrew - town was under a lot of road construction so I didn't stick around.
renfrew.jpg

My boring route (I didn't start in Belleville just turned on the tracker then) This was more to see if I could do it. I did something similar last year but the opposite direction.
Too much HWY for my taste and I didn't really get a chance to look around as I normally like.
Plus it was freakingly hot. Even in North Bay.
The first part of the trip I enjoyed more, riding up HWY 41 was scenic and a good road, mostly newly paved!

Also I had phone charging issues. Stopped in Prembroke to get a new cable, not fully resolved, might have been the heat or the USB adapter. Either way lost a bit of time dealing with this, and couldn't take more photos with not much battery.

aug 5 route.png

Got up early again and headed East to Belleville then north....ah.. let's get the highlight!!

View attachment 50373

View attachment 50374

Flinton Falls
View attachment 50375

Calabogie
View attachment 50376

View attachment 50377

My boring route (I didn't start in Belleville just turned on the tracker then) This was more to see if I could do it. I did something similar last year but the opposite direction.
Too much HWY for my taste and I didn't really get a chance to look around as I normally like.
The first part of the trip I enjoyed more, riding up HWY 41 was scenic and a good road, mostly newly paved!

Also I had phone charging issues. Stopped in Prembroke to get a new cable, not fully resolved, might have been the heat or the USB adapter. Either way lost a bit of time dealing with this, and couldn't take more photos with not much battery.

View attachment 50378
You go to Reid’s for the $1.50 milkshakes!!!

I headed up to Bancroft today to Eagles Nest park as I’ve always gone past but never stopped. Nice views and if I had more time there’s a network of trails. Bit of advice, park in the first lot you get to. The second lot is one of those “I really wish I hadn’t gone this far” type roads that ends with a rock strewn sloped area that 450lb+ tall bikes really love at low speeds. Didn’t come off but the new tires worked well bouncing off reasonably sized bits of rock.

On the way back I went through Tweed and then took Marlbank Rd. It’s not especially twisty but the views are good and there’s one other reason for taking it..…it’s the road with the most elevation changes I’ve been on anywhere nearby. Like a roller coaster…awesome. Just near Marlbank is the worlds most wasted opportunity…a pub…in the middle of nowhere….but I think it’s closed down.

Nothing really technical today but the road from Denbigh to Bancroft is really really good. 41 alongside Mazinaw Lake is also really nice for the views.

Edit: nearly forgot…on the road from Denbigh to Bancroft the car in front of me was smoking and smelled awful. It was getting worse and if I had to guess I think they were driving with the parking brake on or brakes had seized. Anyway…did my Good Samaritan thing and tried to get the drivers attention by flashing my lights and I drove alongside her pointing to the back of the car. Dopey cow just kept driving smoking her cigarette, not giving a ****. I gave up. Probably ended her trip in a ball of flames somewhere.

1628287074108.jpeg

1628287101927.jpeg
1628287131850.jpeg

1628287153360.jpeg
1628287176809.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 50373

View attachment 50374

Flinton Falls
View attachment 50375

Calabogie
View attachment 50376

View attachment 50377

View attachment 50378

That's a neat route! You've been putting in a lot of miles these few weeks on these ad-hoc trips. It's inspirational :)

That's a neat route! You've been putting in a lot of miles these few weeks on these ad-hoc trips. It's inspirational :)
Thanks! I am not sure the route is that interesting. HWY 17 is not as nice as HWY 60 is. Somehow I thought the 2 might be compariable considering they are kinda in the same area.

I headed up to Bancroft today to Eagles Nest park as I’ve always gone past but never stopped. Nice views and if I had more time there’s a network of trails. Bit of advice, park in the first lot you get to. The second lot is one of those “I really wish I hadn’t gone this far” type roads that ends with a rock strewn sloped area that 450lb+ tall bikes really love at low speeds. Didn’t come off but the new tires worked well bouncing off reasonably sized bits of rock.
Oh interestings, didn't know this was up that way, will have to go check it out, thanks!

Oh interestings, didn't know this was up that way, will have to go check it out, thanks!

It’s just as you come out of Bancroft heading north. Eagles Nest Park rd. I was going to head on to Maynooth and maybe Algonquin but I started too late in the day.

On the way back I went through Tweed and then took Marlbank Rd. It’s not especially twisty but the views are good and there’s one other reason for taking it..…it’s the road with the most elevation changes I’ve been on anywhere nearby. Like a roller coaster…awesome. Just near Marlbank is the worlds most wasted opportunity…a pub…in the middle of nowhere….but I think it’s closed down.

Nothing really technical today but the road from Denbigh to Bancroft is really really good. 41 alongside Mazinaw Lake is also really nice for the views.

Edit: nearly forgot…on the road from Denbigh to Bancroft the car in front of me was smoking and smelled awful. It was getting worse and if I had to guess I think they were driving with the parking brake on or brakes had seized. Anyway…did my Good Samaritan thing and tried to get the drivers attention by flashing my lights and I drove alongside her pointing to the back of the car. Dopey cow just kept driving smoking her cigarette, not giving a ****. I gave up. Probably ended her trip in a ball of flames somewhere.

View attachment 50386

View attachment 50387
View attachment 50388

View attachment 50389
View attachment 50390
Marlbank Road is truly wonderful in that way. Found it by mistake just trying an alternate route from out east coming home. That southern section of 41 past Dark Sky Viewing is rather neat as well. Been meaning to explore out that way again soon and will do so next couple weeks.

After 15 days of no riding (back pain) I finally got out and did River Rd NE of Shelburne. Very nice and calming but it was over too quick and I prefer a lot more speed. Stopped for a hot dog at Champ's Burger at 10/89. Struck up a convo with a younger dude from Guelph on a ratty bare-bones Sportster....something about the simplicity of his bike struck a chord with me.
Also did 20 feet of off-roading.

20210815_130437.jpg

After 15 days of no riding (back pain) I finally got out and did River Rd NE of Shelburne. Very nice and calming but it was over too quick and I prefer a lot more speed. Stopped for a hot dog at Champ's Burger at 10/89. Struck up a convo with a younger dude from Guelph on a ratty bare-bones Sportster....something about the simplicity of his bike struck a chord with me.

View attachment 50539

Why the hell do my pretty blue wheels bug the heck outta me in photos only?
Also forgot to mention I may haver seen @Mango Rider on the way up... Was that you coming down Hwy 10 today at about 11:20 AM....about 10 km north of Brampton?

Why the hell do my pretty blue wheels bug the heck outta me in photos only?
Also forgot to mention I may haver seen @Mango Rider on the way up... Was that you coming down Hwy 10 today at about 11:20 AM....about 10 km north of Brampton?
Unfortunately it was not me, only got out now hahaha

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

View attachment 50539
you dont use the oem yamaha case?

you dont use the oem yamaha case?

That little case is a Kawasaki case I bought from a fellow in Glen Williams. I do have the OEM side panniers, they're great but I don't use them unless I need them. It does look a little "off" when they are not installed but I don't really care.

Back
Top Bottom