2021/2022 Raptors & NBA | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021/2022 Raptors & NBA

lol:
1636762233101.png

Well, this season is quickly devolving to watching a toilet flush for the NBA

lots of players in covid protocol, games postponed...

messy stuff

edit: was just hearing that a lot of players are testing positive but are asymptomatic.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone here caught the game last night when FVV delivered an absolute masterpiece of a game. Not many players in the history of the NBA have been able to do what he accomplished and reel off 15 straight points before anyone else in the game could score. Really hope this guy makes it to the all star game. Here's an awesome recap of his 3rd quarter (24 points, 3rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 block) : By The Numbers: Raptors' Fred VanVleet orchestrates historic third-quarter takeover | NBA.com Canada | The official site of the NBA

Also glad that finally the Raps are on the right side of the injuries & covid and winning the games they should be.

Not sure if anyone here caught the game last night when FVV delivered an absolute masterpiece of a game. Not many players in the history of the NBA have been able to do what he accomplished and reel off 15 straight points before anyone else in the game could score. Really hope this guy makes it to the all star game. Here's an awesome recap of his 3rd quarter (24 points, 3rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 block) : By The Numbers: Raptors' Fred VanVleet orchestrates historic third-quarter takeover | NBA.com Canada | The official site of the NBA

Also glad that finally the Raps are on the right side of the injuries & covid and winning the games they should be.
Yeah that was an epic stretch in the 3rd by him! Literally won us the game with that performance 🙌

Keep those votes goin! He deserves to be there!

That sequence in the 4th when Boucher went to the bench exhausted had me dyinggg :ROFLMAO:

Yeah that was an epic stretch in the 3rd by him! Literally won us the game with that performance 🙌

Keep those votes goin! He deserves to be there!

That sequence in the 4th when Boucher went to the bench exhausted had me dyinggg :ROFLMAO:
Yess! That was so awesome to see. He played a good game with tons of effort.

VanVleet is clearly the Raptor's star. I think he is playing all-star caliber if not very close to - he's the biggest reason the raptors are in playoff contention. I hope he makes the team.

I do worry about his minutes. The raptors are too thin at Guard so VanVleet has to play a lot. Trent Jr has been ok too so he's playing lots of minutes too, but it drops off after that. Flynn has been disappointing, and Dragic is nowhere to be found.

The Dragic thing sucks. He could be playing on a playoff contending team playing good guard minutes, and really could have helped the team when covid ravaged the team. We'll never know the story why he's not playing, but it's clearly bad enough that the raptors did not compel him back when they could have used him most.

Last edited:
anyone who missed last nights game...find a rerun or a highlights like this;

epic, epic game
Almost didn't watch it cuz I was expecting the Raps to get blown out by Miami's depth. After the game I went to bed but didn't fall asleep for a couple hours, thinking about all the twists and turns of how it went. Awesome game and crowd too. Funny seeing Sam McDadi there too. What an awesome game to be in the stands and be a Raps fan. Go Raps!

5 game win streak and the Raps starting 5 is really starting to gel together. Just need to get someone useful for Goran.
Another solid game tonight!

this team is beating my expectations - obviously VanVleet is the primary reason, but their starting 5 is very balanced. They are poised to be a play-in team in a very tough eastern conference. Possible shot at a proper playoff spot if Brooklyn keeps free-falling.

I hope they can bolster their bench at guard or in the middle.

I really wish Dragic stuck around, they need guard depth and more in the middle. Flynn has not made the next step. Boucher has been a disappointment.

Off topic but it's curious to see all 3 'super teams' in turmoil.

* Clippers with big injuries to both Leonard and George
* Nets with Irving's distractions, Durant's injury and the Harden rumours of wanting to move on
* Lakers with James and Davis not being 100% and the team just performing poorly.

this team is beating my expectations - obviously VanVleet is the primary reason, but their starting 5 is very balanced. They are poised to be a play-in team in a very tough eastern conference. Possible shot at a proper playoff spot if Brooklyn keeps free-falling.

I hope they can bolster their bench at guard or in the middle.

I really wish Dragic stuck around, they need guard depth and more in the middle. Flynn has not made the next step. Boucher has been a disappointment.

Off topic but it's curious to see all 3 'super teams' in turmoil.

* Clippers with big injuries to both Leonard and George
* Nets with Irving's distractions, Durant's injury and the Harden rumours of wanting to move on
* Lakers with James and Davis not being 100% and the team just performing poorly.
Curious why you think Boucher has been a disappointment? I think he's playing a perfect complimentary piece to the rest of the roster, now that he has gotten over his early season struggles.

The strange thing about the Raps is they seem to play to the level of their opposition. Every game is a close game, doesn't matter if it's the best or the worst team they are facing.

Curious why you think Boucher has been a disappointment? I think he's playing a perfect complimentary piece to the rest of the roster, now that he has gotten over his early season struggles.

The strange thing about the Raps is they seem to play to the level of their opposition. Every game is a close game, doesn't matter if it's the best or the worst team they are facing.

Fair point, he has played better lately. I guess I let his season start taint my gut observation (full disclosure, I am in a fantasy NBA league and Boucher was killing me)

Fair point, he has played better lately. I guess I let his season start taint my gut observation (full disclosure, I am in a fantasy NBA league and Boucher was killing me)
lol, he was absolutely brutal to start the season. Given how well he played in the bubble and in the G-League, his early season struggles were a surprise. It seems he's now found his role and stays within it.

The Raps now have a string of 10 games against middle of the pack opposition. Curious to see how they will do and if they crush it, and beat Brooklyn 2x at the end of it, they should be close to securing a playoff berth.

this is a couple of days old, but I agree with the sentiment per above of Toronto needing more middle help. I am thinking Toronto is going to try to get some more middle presence at the trade deadline

We could keep the winning streak alive before the All Star break with some favourable matchups
The team is really clicking now, hopefully the front office gets some bench depth by trade deadline this week, should be interesting!

Boucher rocking the headband lately trying to channel his inner GTJ energy, hey if it works, keep doing it cause he's finally playing his role lol

Back
Top Bottom