2021/2022 Raptors & NBA | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021/2022 Raptors & NBA

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
Back in the Tdot.
Looking forward to this season!

Predicting that they will somehow squeeze in as the 4th seed in the playoffs, then sweep Milwaukee from the eastern finals and crush Golden State in the finals!

Cmon parade in 2022:)

At the risk of being that guy, it will take everything to go the raptors' way to get into the playoffs.

1. Siakam has to get back to be pre-covid form. If he plays like last year, it will not bode well for them.
2. VanVleet needs to play near all-star level, and needs another (point) guard on the floor he can play off - he and Lowry were a potent combo because it was always random who played PG and who played SG on every possession. Maybe Dragic (assuming he doesn't get waived/traded) will be ok for a bit. Maybe Trent will play more with the ball. Maybe Malachi Flynn will take a step up - at least one of these has to happen.
3. Scottie Barns needs to be able to play quality minutes. I admit I don't know much about him, but given his high draft position, he has to show something next year.
4. Anunoby needs to have another upward step in his game
5. Boucher/Birch need to somehow create a strong Centre, or the raptors need to somehow find a proper Centre (which all of a sudden has become really difficult since centres are back in NBA fashion thanks to Giannis Antetokounmpo and Anothony Davis both playing a lot inside, and Deandre Ayton's play (to a lesser extent)

At the risk of being that guy, it will take everything to go the raptors' way to get into the playoffs.

1. Siakam has to get back to be pre-covid form. If he plays like last year, it will not bode well for them.
2. VanVleet needs to play near all-star level, and needs another (point) guard on the floor he can play off - he and Lowry were a potent combo because it was always random who played PG and who played SG on every possession. Maybe Dragic (assuming he doesn't get waived/traded) will be ok for a bit. Maybe Trent will play more with the ball. Maybe Malachi Flynn will take a step up - at least one of these has to happen.
3. Scottie Barns needs to be able to play quality minutes. I admit I don't know much about him, but given his high draft position, he has to show something next year.
4. Anunoby needs to have another upward step in his game
5. Boucher/Birch need to somehow create a strong Centre, or the raptors need to somehow find a proper Centre (which all of a sudden has become really difficult since centres are back in NBA fashion thanks to Giannis Antetokounmpo and Anothony Davis both playing a lot inside, and Deandre Ayton's play (to a lesser extent)
Completely agree and I think it will all happen.
I'm confident Scottie will beam us all up and the Freddie/Malachi pairing will go well.
I also think that we need one more person to complement Boucher/Birch up front.
If OG and Pascal can at least play to their pre-Covid form we will be in good shape. If they show improvements on that form, then the only way is up.

I'm curious to see what happens with the Dragic situation - if they let him go, what will they look to replace him with?
I also want to see what Precious and Dalano bring on the court. They are both young and have the potential to form a super deep bench.

While realistically I'm not saying this team is a championship team in it's current form, we are in an excellent spot to get back to that form.

Good call on Precious. In the spirit of Pros knowing better than me, Raptors apparently really wanted Precious in the trade with Miami so they see something there. I don't know much about Dalano admittedly.

If the Raptors waive Dragic, it will be on the premise that Flynn and/or Trent are ready to play starter minutes. I don't think he has a lot of trade value right now. He has a big enough contract that raptors will have to take someone else's problem to match the numbers. I thought at the time that the raptors had a plan for Dragic shortly after the Lowry deal, but nothing has yet happened.

Completely agree and I think it will all happen.
I'm confident Scottie will beam us all up and the Freddie/Malachi pairing will go well.
I also think that we need one more person to complement Boucher/Birch up front.
If OG and Pascal can at least play to their pre-Covid form we will be in good shape. If they show improvements on that form, then the only way is up.

I'm curious to see what happens with the Dragic situation - if they let him go, what will they look to replace him with?
I also want to see what Precious and Dalano bring on the court. They are both young and have the potential to form a super deep bench.

While realistically I'm not saying this team is a championship team in it's current form, we are in an excellent spot to get back to that form.
There's been a lot of talk about Dragic going to Dallas. I strongly doubt we'll buy him out, so I'd expect to get some decently serviceable piece back for him around the trade deadline, and I doubt we'll keep him past then due to his Toronto comments.

Scottie Barnes was so good in every facet of the game last night. It was pretty crazy to watch this in his 2nd NBA game. If he sticks around long term, I could see him being the cornerstone of this franchise.

Scottie Barnes was so good in every facet of the game last night. It was pretty crazy to watch this in his 2nd NBA game. If he sticks around long term, I could see him being the cornerstone of this franchise.
beast of a game, i could watch the clip of him smashing his own rebound then he comes down and VV yell at each other over and over.

Last edited:
what a fuckin moron:
1635175139235.png

classic Robbers.

waiting on Superveloce to remind us how upstanding the family is.
In all honesty looks like there's only one moron, the rest of board members with Rogers family name seems to be OK.

Couldn't close it out at the end there but that was a fun game!
Happy to see Demar get so much love with the Bulls

Yeah that was a pretty fun game to watch.

Some sloppy stuff here and there, but great effort and good stuff overall considering how many new players are on this team.

It's very early, but Barnes is looking good for the raptors.
Yeah he's fun to watch and so diversely skilled. It feels like many of the mistakes the team is making are due to players getting used to each other or Nick Nurse figuring out which players and combinations are working best together. I hope that Precious can stop doing some of the stupid things, because he could be a force, similar to the way Pascal has evolved.

Dragic hasn't played in 3 games - I'm glad they are giving Dalano 'TRex' Banton lots more paying time.

Wow what a crazy game. OG has evolved into the NuG!

big game for him and Trent Jr. - big win. both Siakam and Barnes were out, and they beat the top team in the conference.

i am liking Achiuwa's play - there is something there.

Birch, Boucher and Achiuwa appear to have the 4 and 5 spots under control.

Good to see Flynn get some minutes. Dragic did not play again. Something is up there.

big game for him and Trent Jr. - big win. both Siakam and Barnes were out, and they beat the top team in the conference.

i am liking Achiuwa's play - there is something there.

Birch, Boucher and Achiuwa appear to have the 4 and 5 spots under control.

Good to see Flynn get some minutes. Dragic did not play again. Something is up there.
I like the relentless pace and energy of Precious and if he can just rein in a few of those flat out offensive blunders per game, he will be a great all around player. Right now he's still getting blocked a fair bit and driving into crowded lanes without finding the open shooters, but his rebounding is great! Great team effort today!

Another nice win, that 3rd quarter was non stop splashing so fun to watch
Raptors really turned on the defensive gear there
I hold my breath every time Precious dribbles the ball...

Back
Top Bottom