2020 MotoGP Discussion (NO LINKS) | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 MotoGP Discussion (NO LINKS)

yikes..just realized my post... -this is a no-spoiler thread -yes?

Last edited:
Meta: is this no-spoiler thread? Personally, i don't see why since you can easily avoid this thread if you haven't watched the race, but I will go with the majority.

In the meantime, it was great to have racing back. AND it will be back next week.

Some non-spoiler obvervations:

I like the MotoE product. I wish it were longer than 6 laps though.

Moto3 is still Moto3 - lots of slicing and dicing

Moto2 is a solid product in my opinion - I know it can be boring at times, but they really have a lot of talent there.

MotoGP was a great race. I think the results/etc of this race will already have an effect on the championship. The depth of the field is great and you can see the quality of racing improve with the factories giving their satellite teams top level equipment.

The depth of the field is great and you can see the quality of racing improve with the factories giving their satellite teams top level equipment.

Totally agree - better mix of challengers with satellite teams able to show their potential as well. KTM seems to have made great strides for 2020. Was thoroughly impressed with Brad Binder over the entire race weekend in his first outing. So happy to have MotoGP back finally!! And next one is next weekend!

It's not in the thread title so it's fair game to post about the race. I could understand if the results were posted as a thread title. I didn't watch the race until about half an hour ago, guess what -i stayed off the internet so i wouldn't see the result.

This. If you open this thread on Sunday before watching the race, you're just asking for it.

This shortened season is going to be wild. Man oh man.

SPOILERS

after running off and charging to the front
you'd think he'd be okay with a podium

reminds me of the MM from a few years back and earlier
last couple of years he seemed to have been a bit smarter
the initial damage report does not sound good

speaking of smart, nice day for Dovi

reminds me of the MM from a few years back and earlier
last couple of years he seemed to have been a bit smarter
the initial damage report does not sound good

Just watched the Clinica Mobile doctors' press conference.
Broken arm, managed to stabilize. There's a nerve immediately beside the fracture, so there is a possibility is has been damaged, but they're unsure.
Arm likely caused by the impact of bike after the initial crash. Has upper torso trauma, didn't mention it too much, so it's likely bruising and swelling.

Either way, if he wouldn't have went site seeing in the gravel trap, he would have been untouchable.

Cal crutchlow also broke his hand.

That's now three riders this weekend with breaks: Rins, Marquez, Curtchlow

Will Suzuki, Honda, LCR bring in replacements? It's short notice but I suspect any of the moto-e rider teams will allow their riders

I predict a Rossi retirement at the end of the season ?

I am sure he wants to race but for whatever reason he cant seem to sort out his constant rear tires problems. I think this will cause him to retire.

He was outpaced by all the other riders before he retired so it's not the bike or the tires

Last edited:
Rossi has stated publicly that he is 99% complete on a contract with the Petronas Yamaha team.

He’ll be racing next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure he wants to race but for whatever reason he cant seem to sort out his constant rear tires problems. I think this will cause him to retire.

He was outpaced by all the other riders before he retired so it's not the bike or the tires

Rossi and Vinales were the only ones to go soft/soft with the tires. Maybe Vinales would have won if he went with hard/soft like everyone else did. He was definitely struggling under hard braking.

LOL Quatararo with the F-bomb during the post-race interview.

Brand new MotoGP winners haven't been coached on what not to say on live TV.

Reminded me of Dovi when he won his first MotoGP race back in 2009. Also dropped an F-bomb during the interview.

The F-word is not all that offensive to non-native English speakers. You hear it all the time on international TV shows, German, Italian, etc.

Will Suzuki, Honda, LCR bring in replacements? It's short notice but I suspect any of the moto-e rider teams will allow their riders

For Suzuki and Repsol Honda I suspect Sylvain Guintoli and Stefan Bradl maybe? For LCR, not sure...

Back
Top Bottom