2020 MotoGP Discussion (NO LINKS) | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 MotoGP Discussion (NO LINKS)

For me, biggest disappointments were from:
Zarco
Petrucci

Biggest surprises:
Bagnaia
Morbidelli

KTM has an absolute gem in Brad Binder... up in 8th place for the longest time on his maiden GP race? Astonishing.

Zarco is enigmatic for sure. I get the feeling he needs the bike to be absolutely perfect to compete - I don't think a year-old Ducati is ever going to be to his liking. He's going to make his envy public.

SPOILERS

after running off and charging to the front you'd think he'd be okay with a podium reminds me of the MM from a few years

Man, you dominate in the sport and set the highest points record in Histroy and they call it boring. You do a save at 150kph that no one else could recover from and then continue to carve up the competition from 16th for a possible win (at least P2) and it's called reckless... Tough crowd.

I actually thoroughly enjoyed seeing the battle between Marc and Mav we were supposed to see all these years since Mav got on a works bike. It sucks he may be out for a few races, and possibly lost a title this early in the season if Fabio or Mav stay consistent, but to be honest this is why/when I like Marc the most, and I think he's the best rider in the World and will likely beat Ago, because up until now he has only really raced himself these past few years. He is just super exciting to watch and is always on the limit, Honda were smart to tie up that contract as no one else can handle that beast of a machine and make it do anything close, Alex was no where near him despite Marc showing him the lines all weekend long.

Marc needed to be rattled to get to an even higher level, and he was today and went 'all in' and he would have put on one of the best MotoGP recoveries ever (I think this is what Argentina would have been liked had he kept it clean), unfortunately the Honda is still as unforgiving as it always has been and worn tires and poor grip has claimed another body.

Simon was saying that same thing, despite the crash it was an absolute pleasure watching him come up the field making it seem like everyone else was in a different category altogether. He has a fractured humorous(i'm guessing when the bike struck him as he was sliding, which looked awful) and is now awaiting to go under the knife on Tuesday with Dr. Mir in Catalunya, so hopefully we get an idea of what it will be like after that, becuse had it been his shoulder that would have been entirely worse.

What happen to all the Aprillia hype from Aliex? Sucks that Mir dropped it, I think he, Fabio and Brad Binder are going to be fighting for championships in the future.

Other Notable Riders:

Brad Binder
Dovi

Last edited:
Reactions: J_F
"What happen to all the Aprillia hype from Aliex?" Assuming the Aprilia is as good as he says, then this falls right in line of Aleix:

underperforming on good bikes, and overperforming on lesser bikes.

"What happen to all the Aprillia hype from Aliex?" Assuming the Aprilia is as good as he says, then this falls right in line of Aleix:

underperforming on good bikes, and overperforming on lesser bikes.

Espargaro had a strong pre-season on the overhauled RS-GP, and finished both sessions of last Wednesday’s test inside the top 10.

But the Spaniard admits Aprilia lost its way from Friday practice onwards due to various technical issues and he could only qualify down in 17th.

He says Aprilia reverted to a set-up closer to what he ran at the Sepang and Qatar test and felt “very strong” in the race – though he would only last three laps before crashing.

Commenting on his weekend, Espargaro said: “We got lost during the weekend with the setting of the bike and this morning [in warm-up] we found something.

“We completely changed the bike, we went back to a bike very close [to what I rode] in Malaysia and Qatar. I felt very, very strong in the warm-up, but in the race I didn’t start good.

“I felt really good and maybe I was too anxious, I tried to overtake, I felt a lot stronger than [Miguel] Oliveira, than [Danilo] Petrucci. I rushed a little bit and I made a mistake and I crashed.”

This season could be really interesting, if MM is gonna missed more then 2race i think Quartararo/Dovi and Vinales are the contender for the tittle!!

This season could be really interesting, if MM is gonna missed more then 2race i think Quartararo/Dovi and Vinales are the contender for the tittle!!

Pure speculation on my part, but I suspect Marquez will be out one month - there's a race on the 26th, off week on the 2nd, then a race on the 9th, and on the 16th

The 16th would mark 28 days (3 races total with no points) I can see marquez doing everything he can to get to that race. time will tell if he's fit enough.

That gives him 10 rounds out of 13. If the other riders cannibalize eachother for points, I can see Marquez doing it. He's a beast. Again though, subject to his level of healing, pain, and confidence.

With all going on about Dovi and his contract, imagine he wins the championship and Ducati pre-emptively sign someone else...

The way his arm was wrapped up and how carefully he was moving in a video I just watched, I’d be amazed if he was back in a month. I’d bet he’ll be out for much much longer...possibly the entire season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, you dominate in the sport and set the highest points record in Histroy and they call it boring. You do a save at 150kph that no one else could recover from and then continue to carve up the competition from 16th for a possible win (at least P2) and it's called reckless... Tough crowd.

the save was incredible, even amongst MM's collection of saves

but a podium vs broken arm y huevo

outcome no bueno

The way his arm was wrapped up and how carefully he was moving in a video I just watched, I’d be amazed if he was back in a month. I’d bet he’ll be out for much much longer...possibly the entire season.

you could be right. But for whatever reason, these GP guys find a way to get back sooner than we expect, sometimes against advice, but there they are...

Dr. Mir said that it's too early to speculate on when he'd return, Jerez is definitely out but he's saying Brno may be a possibility and he's going under today in Barcelona so hopefully all goes well and they assess what/when he could return. Recovery with these freaks of nature is nothing short of amazing, and the advance level of Medical care/technology for them is outstanding, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in Bruno actually, but my gut says it will be at Race 1 at Austria. How well he does with the injury is anyone's guess, but I think he'll still be in the top 3 this year behind Mav and Fabio until the last race.

HRC saying they won't have a replacement for Marc at Jerez, so that means the pressure is on for Alex to deliver results this weekend for the Team. He has the LCR ride secured, but he cannot just be hanging about in the back with Real Aventia and expect not be looked down upon given the situation and as a Moto 2 champion I think he can do it. He really needs to break into the top 10 (or better) this weekend, so hopefully with Marc's data and one GP under his belt at the same circuit he will qualify better and stay in the mid pack with Nakagami or better. He's not Fabio but the pressure is on to deliver for HRC and he ended up in P12 in what was a very eventful race so its totally possible.

Puig is a total twat, and i still think what he did to Pedrosa was not just uncalled for but totally unnecessary, but at least him saying this in the Media shows that internally the message is clear: they want the Marc we saw this weekend and nothing else.

"We know what type of rider we have. Today, once again, he showed who he is to everyone."

EDIT:

Surgery was successful for Marc just awaiting to see how recovery goes to determine return day, and Crashlow is expected to be in this weekend's GP after a successful surgery on his hand.

Marquez, Crutchlow undergo surgery in Barcelona

Last edited:
So... Alberto Puig said the following:

“If he is not going to be racing in the next GPs, it will be more complicated - he explained - In case we cannot do it, I don't think that the guys who are in the lead can be really proud or happy of winning a title without the best rider in the world participating in it. It will not be the same if Marc is not racing for the championship and I think everybody knows that. "

He is conveniently ignoring that it was Marquez' that high sided trying to get back to the top of the grid after he made a mistake earlier in the race. While, i concede, Marquez not participating allows others the possibility of a championship, to say other should not be proud of their championship is bull-crap. Marquez crashed in competition.

So... Alberto Puig said the following:

“If he is not going to be racing in the next GPs, it will be more complicated - he explained - In case we cannot do it, I don't think that the guys who are in the lead can be really proud or happy of winning a title without the best rider in the world participating in it. It will not be the same if Marc is not racing for the championship and I think everybody knows that. "

Wow. Sour grapes much?

The "best rider" is the one that stays on the bike long enough to cross the finish line first. Not the one who crashes during the race.

Marquez was just declared fit to ride by doctors for this weekend.

reported by Sky MotoGP twitter feed (Italian)

I think Marc is a once in a Lifetime rider, I'm convinced he is definitely going to beat Ago's record; so, while I remain caustically optimistic about this years championship, in that he will be a contender until the last race. And even in the best case scenario that he matches Rossi's record this year and beats it next year, it will probably be stuff like this is what will stay in people's collective memory.

Much like how everyone who knows this sport will know JLO ran in Assen with a Broken Collarbone and came in 5th, but they'd be hard pressed to tell you what race weekend(s) he won his championships without looking it up.

He's amazingly talented, is a ruthless competitor on the track with a an appetite for risk-taking and on top of that has a level of dedication like this to his craft... it's hard for me to see who will really displace him until he gets too old and the injuries finally catch up with him.

A part of me feels really bad for Alex as he will likely always be 'Marc Marquez's brother,' and it reminds me of the complex developed by Ferran Adria's Brother Albert Adria. Because for as talented and hard working as Albert is, he will never be at Ferran's level, nor will he ever get the same praise and recognition despite him having worked alongside much of Ferran's career. I don't rate Alex very high, especially on this year's grid, but it's still hard not to pity the guy when you think about it.

According to this source he will miss FP1/2 in Friday's practice but will be back on Saturday:

that's nuts

zero opportunity for any bone healing to have occurred
what happens if there's another off and that arm takes a bump?

rhetorical question, no one knows, but it won't be good

Back
Top Bottom