2020 MotoGP Discussion (NO LINKS) | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 MotoGP Discussion (NO LINKS)

Looks like those three screws have been put in perpendicular to the fracture.

*shrug* not a doctor, so...

Dr. Mir is the best, so I'm sure it was done with meticulous attention to detail as it definitely looks structural, it was just amusing to me when I first saw that image as I recalled a rocking lounge chair thing that had something similar and had a proper laugh about it.

so HRC saw this

someone should be losing they're job over this

Honestly, I think all this shows is that Marc probably has final say on what takes place regarding him riding not Puig or HRC. He described as it was him setting the terms of his return as he arrived at the track on Thursday, so provided he met the Physicians requirements (push ups and safely holding riding positions) it was up to him if he'd continue. He said it quite clearly that something went wrong on his last hot lap as he agitated the injury and the nerve damage and inflammation kicked in at FP4 and he called it off when he came into the box.

Last edited:
I'd expect nothing less of a pro athlete
they always want to go, especially MM
a generational talent like that I guess can tell the team what to do

in a way it's prolly a good thing he sat himself out
another off and a good bump on that arm could have been a disaster

I'm not a doc either
but it looks like something I could have done with my DeWalt cordless
and some drywall screws

Fly aways cancelled for this season. Argentina, Malaysia, Thailand

Adding portimao or estoril, likely after Valencia.

14 races total for 2020. I hope they add one more.

Last edited:
MotoGP: Marquez undergoes second surgery, needs 48-hour hospital stay
Marc Marquez's recovery hopes take another blow after he is required to undergo a second surgery to fix a damaged plate inserted into his arm

Now, I am no expert, but I have to believe on some level Marquez's aggresive training and trying to get back asap is what did the damage to the metal plate.

“The first operation was successful, what was not expected was that the plate was insufficient.
An accumulation of stress in the operated area has caused the plate to suffer some damage,
so today the titanium plate has been removed and replaced by a new fixation"

so bones have to heal a bit before resuming athletics
who knew?

rest of the year off or he risks his career
someone talk sense to him, please

ummm, yeah

Last edited:
“The first operation was successful, what was not expected was that the plate was insufficient.
An accumulation of stress in the operated area has caused the plate to suffer some damage,
so today the titanium plate has been removed and replaced by a new fixation"

so bones have to heal a bit before resuming athletics
who knew?

rest of the year off or he risks his career
someone talk sense to him, please

ummm, yeah

If this isn’t a wake up call for MM, then his career won’t be as long as expected. His body won’t be able to keep going at the rate he crashes. He should have read my post #129 . I hope he now does the right thing and takes the correct decision to heal up and recover.
Also, someone needs to take a serious look at the medical testing and what is considered “fit to race”. It’s truly f’ed up that the motoGP doctors cleared him to race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, someone needs to take a serious look at the medical testing and what is considered “fit to race”. It’s truly f’ed up that the motoGP doctors cleared him to race.

This. The Doctors needed to protect him from himself. If he had sat for 3 weeks then maybe he's ok to race and only missed 2 races....now it looks likely that it is significantly more.

Marc Marquez officially withdraws from Brno race.
To be replaced by Stefan Bradl.

Looks like smarter heads are prevailing.

Pity he hadn't given it a few moments thought last week.
Do you think he'll be back after Brno? Drafting in Bradl may not bode well.

But team manager Alberto Puig has now revealed that the metalwork, probably weakened by all the previous exertion, finally 'broke' while Marquez was opening a window at home.

"It was a domestic accident this time because he was trying to open a window and he suddenly felt a lot of pain," Puig said on the eve of this weekend's Czech Republic MotoGP. "Later we could check that the plate was broken.

"This was probably caused after all the stress that he had in the arm. But we went to Jerez because the doctors gave the okay to do it and they never informed us that the plate could have broken.

"If we had this info probably, he would not have gone to Jerez or Honda would not have given him the chance to ride."

Yup, throw the doctors under the bus. If I were the GP doctors, I wouldn't clear him for the rest of the year just out of spite.

I am now convinced Puig is not this stupid - he's just playing politics with no discretion or tact. This must be a (stupifyingly transparent) version of face saving for himself, rider and team.

Last edited:
This. The Doctors needed to protect him from himself. If he had sat for 3 weeks then maybe he's ok to race and only missed 2 races....now it looks likely that it is significantly more.

It's clear to me that it's Marc who decided to try and race that weekend, and the rest was PR containment to justify why and how it occurred now that his injury has reptured and he had to undergo it again. I'm skeptical about the window story, but given that he was training ahead of Bruno it probably weakened the bracket that led to it breaking on something trivial.

After Jerez 1/2, Bruno and both Austrian GPs that'll be 5 race's worth of points gone, and I just hope he comes to the obvious conclusion that it cannot be recovered with the Yamahas being as strong as they are this year. He's a different animal entirely, and he probably see's it as a challenge worth pursuing but hopefully his people getting him to accept that this year's championship is not a likely outcome this year will be difficult, but ultimately for the better for his career and his overall health.

I'm obviously a fan, but given he's 26 and with the amount of crashes and injuries he's had since his 125cc days (given his riding style) its going to catch up to him perhaps sooner than the competition ever will, and that will be a real shame. If he doesn't take all of this into consideration I fear he may only surpass Rossi instead of Ago which prior to this season's recurring injury, on top the injuries to both those shoulders, I had no doubt he would accomplish that and even mentioned it in the previous page.

*****No Spoilers*****
If you don’t ordinarily watch qualifying, today might be a good day to start.

How does the new yellow flag rule in qualifying work? I know that riders are meant to "slow down" for the safety of the rider that has gone down, but how is that judged when the rider is on a flying lap?

Back
Top Bottom