2019 MotoGP Discussion (No links) | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2019 MotoGP Discussion (No links)

72 degrees of lean angle on that slide into the gravel (with elbow and knee down) and he still managed to tie Rossi with poles! Doohan is next and will likely get displaced this season.

marc_2.jpg

Good race, the front row was challenging Marc and pushed him. I'm not sure Petrux is any better or worse on that factory ride at this point, he was on the Podium a year ago on that Parmac and hasn't done much else with it thus far. Mav looks dejected, it wasn't his fault (again) but he needs to go back to Suzuki to get his groove back.

WTF happened on the sighting lap, I've never seen anything like that before.

Good race, the front row was challenging Marc and pushed him. I'm not sure Petrux is any better or worse on that factory ride at this point, he was on the Podium a year ago on that Parmac and hasn't done much else with it thus far. Mav looks dejected, it wasn't his fault (again) but he needs to go back to Suzuki to get his groove back.

WTF happened on the sighting lap, I've never seen anything like that before.

Some combination of cold brakes, cold track and not-quite-warm-enough tire.

MM looks unstoppable this year. I can’t see anyone challenging him. The only reason the points are as close as they are is due to a bizarre crash at Austin.

yes, great race

but Dorna needs to get a video production partner
how many lead and position changes were missed?
while they are focusing on old legends that are at the back of the pack?
run a split screen or popout a little window for that crap
just brutal, no wonder people steal it rather than pay for that

Last edited:
Have to agree, I can't understand why they can't coordinate the grid interviews and the camera shots.

fun race at mugello. bold move by petrucci on both MM and AD - well deserved win.

i think petrucci just secured his seat for 2020

yamaha seems to be coming more and more unraveled.

Reactions: J_F
agree
while Miller whines and crashes
Petrux quietly gets better
and is now winning
Ducati needs to award that

PZtZChT.jpg

Brilliant riding from the trio, Petrux was like his old aggressive self from the Pramac days. That lunge to the apex was ballsy as hell, but it paid off, he stood up Dovi! So good on him and a well deserved race victory.

I really think Vinales should do whatever it takes to do a swap with Mir. Rins was looking strong, but the power deficit is rather obvious, he was wheeling all the way to the finish line trying to keep up on the straight! So if the two can get along and develop that bike together Suzuki could be up there with Ducati and HRC for wins with a bit more power and acceleration, all while Yamaha gets their stuff sorted for a strong 2021 with Mir and Quatararo on what hopefully will be a better bike. Better to invest in the long term from scratch as HRC and Ducati, and Suzuki, are way ahead of them. The 2018 bike has the Vinales curse of looking fast as it qualifies well but can't do much in the race even in Quatararo's or Morbedeli's hands--Fabio's start was just as bad as Mav's are most time he qualifies in the front row.

Rossi was... well, you guys already know.

Found a better HQ pic:

Attachments

• ghkjassa.jpg
    ghkjassa.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 25
Great race! I think that the Petrucci move was bold, but fair. There was a small gap and he went for it as he should in looking to win the race on the last lap. Lots of clean passing between him and Dovi throughout the race - shows the respect they have for each other. I'm glad Dovi managed to keep the bike up in the sandwich - he could have easily nicked the tail end of Marquez and lost the front which would have been a big hit for the championship. Really impressed with Rins - the lack of power on the straights showed but he was excellent in keeping up with leading pack and is consistently up there. And yeah - MM is on another level - looks unstoppable at the moment.

Well, JLO looked like he was in good form up until the crash, as did Mav. Shame it ended that way, I'm more and more impressed with Quateraro with every race, that Yamaha isn't up to scratch but its outshining the works team on Saturday and he is still able to stay in the top 10 come race day.

I'd really like to see Fabio and Joan on the works Yamaha bike and see what those two can do while Rins and Vinales take over Suzuki. By the sound of things, as they are trying to bring a satelite team onboard, Suzuki looks committed to staying in GP.

Mcphee went for a ride, he was lucky to not get thrown over those handle bars.

What was up with Rins "respect" comment? Especially after the unnecessary inside dive on mm during qualifying?

He's starting to talk like rossi from a few years ago.

I've been hoping for rins and suzuki, and applauding his recent success; not so sure now. Anyhow, another good finish for suzuki and rins.

Last edited:
What was up with Rins "respect" comment? Especially after the unnecessary inside dive on mm during qualifying?

He's starting to talk like rossi from a few years ago.

I've been hoping for rins and suzuki, and applauding his recent success; not so sure now. Anyhow, another good finish for suzuki and rins.

It’s qualifying.... balls out or GTFO the race line.

MM was, relatively speaking, parked on the race line.

Fair enough; they pitted afterwards. Im not sure where the clock was at. Perhaps mm wasn't happy towing Rins down the straights. Rins didn't have to position himself on mm's tail.
As Rins or mm, I would think about where I was positioned for a clean lap. Or to have a tow? Or not to give a tow? There was plenty of other track available to Rins. Rins is fast, and mm isn't giving him anything. Its a strategy for consideration by all the riders.

This is interesting.

Last edited:
Was a pretty boring race. Good races haven't been very common this year.

Back
Top Bottom