2019 MotoGP Discussion (No links) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2019 MotoGP Discussion (No links)

As mentioned before...

5k0yly.jpg

Someone needs a new bag of tricks...

MM is finally also adding strategy to this race portfolio. The position he came in is proof of this! Honda sports psychological department has done its job!

Our Champ has gotten even better. Championship is already in the bag. Rejoice!?

As a 93 fan, I really hope that isn't the case, I want to see Marc fight it out with Mav, Dovi, Petrux, Rossi and JLO (and the odd contender from Suzuki. This outright domination isn't as entertaining as it was when he was fighting it out on an under-performing bike. That's 2 years in a row where he barely loses p1 in qatar, a track in which the HRC suffers.

Argentina will be a stronger performance for them, ideally without the polemics this time. :sneaky: I expect to see JLO on the podium.

There is a lot that's right about the design of the Ducati V4. They nailed it. The way the other manufacturers have to deal with the Ducati's speed is to do something to their own bikes to catch up!

Well HRC finally got the power out of the engine right this year's chassis, but you're right in saying that Ducati has led the pace in that side of development and its up to everyone else to catch up; but Dovi said that it has the slowest corner speed of all the bug manufactures guys, so its give-take when it comes to an overall package.

And post race , honda and yamaha protest the tiny wing in the rear wheel well on the Ducati. It cools the back tire, It really worked and we got beat by smarter designers , WWWHHHAAAAA, don't they know we are the smart guys around here??? (marshalls upheld the win, said tech was legal) , now the protest goes up the court system. Pussies.

And post race , honda and yamaha protest the tiny wing in the rear wheel well on the Ducati. It cools the back tire, It really worked and we got beat by smarter designers , WWWHHHAAAAA, don't they know we are the smart guys around here??? (marshalls upheld the win, said tech was legal) , now the protest goes up the court system. Pussies.

Not that it matters but

4 protests

KTM, Aprilia, Honda, Suzuki

Anyone catch Romano Fenati's self given penalty during the Moto3 race?!?! That guy is on eggshells (as he should be), but was tearing through the field.

Fenati brought it upon himself. No pity for him. He's not going to make that mistake again...and others may have learned a lesson too.

Some random observations after one race:

1. looks to be a honda vs ducati with suzuki hovering.
  2. yamaha's problems seem to have not gone away
  3. aprilia and ktm are going to fight for scraps
  4. aside from crutchlow and maybe miller on occasion, you won't see many independent riders putting up much of a fight.
  5. tech3 and avintia are goiing to battle for last place

Well, JLO rode with damaged ribs in Qatar after that highside during free practice:

As much as I'd like to seem him do well on it, and I really want to see Mir on it after he leaves, I think the HRC can seriously only been ridden by Marc. Its been built around him, so he's not afraid of it so he seriously takes it to its absolute limit, often goes further than that, and still manages to some how save it when he does lose it. (Though he does crash a lot during FP sessions.)

It's just too wild and aggressive of a bike for anyone to not get injured on if they're pushing it: Dani, Crutchlow, and now JLO... Nakagami will be a good benchmark to suggest just how a newish rider can adapt to the improved '18 bike and (ideally) remain somewhat injury free. I mean Marc had to have extensive surgery, so even he should be included on the injured list, too.

I guess JLO on the podium for Argentina is going to be a long shot, then.

Last edited:
Looks like the motoE fleet has been destroyed in a garage fire at Jerez.

It’s doubtful that the class will ready for their scheduled debut during the Jerez round. Disappointing.

Looks like the motoE fleet has been destroyed in a garage fire at Jerez.

It’s doubtful that the class will ready for their scheduled debut during the Jerez round. Disappointing.

i bet everyone wants to know the cause - if it was the bikes or not.

So it was the charger, and not the bikes or batteries themselves that failed?

Weird.

Very. But it seems the season will continue despite the setback, the first round won't happen but it seems like it will go forward.

Side note: Just re-watching Argentina tonight, I forgot how absurd this was race was last year. Total chaos up to the green light.

Interesting comparison of the Hole-shot device between Ducati vs LCR/Suzuki:

The Dorna guys said Miller admitted to having it as far back as Motegi last year and he had a satelite in 2018. I wonder if this was to emulate and refine JLO's starts for the rest of the team?

Was Puig trying to tell Marc to take it easy during FP2 in the pits before he went out for his last stint?

Wow, what an awesome race. Marc was in a league of his own but some great racing behind him! Rossi was fantastic and I'm thinking Cal will be murdering someone tonight. Morbideli seemed immature to crash into vinales like that. I think he got excited as he was doing quite well for first part of race and then frustration set it as he started falling back. I'm disappointed that Fabio didn't place much better; he was P2 in Q2 before the last lap and really had good pace in Qatar.

that was a bit of a yawner

Yes indeed. Moto3 delivered (as usual) and Moto2 wasn't bad but MotoGP was underwhelming. It's going to be a long, dull year if Honda have the bike sorted like this. And to think this is supposed to be Marquez's 'weak' portion of the season while his shoulder is still healing.

Nice to see the old man get second. Vinales sucked off the start and didn't even show his usual late race speed to compensate for his start. Speaking of sucking off the start, what happened to Lorenzo?

Mark

Back
Top Bottom