2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil - Cast Your Predictions Now! | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil - Cast Your Predictions Now!

Who in your opinion will be the winner of 2014 FIFA World Cup?

• Brasil

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Argentina

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Germany

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Spain

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Italy

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • France

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Belgium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colombia

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Portugal

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ghana lost, so USA and Germany go through.

I'm not an orthodontist but that sure looks like an overbite.

That's a decent amount of outrage. I can respect that. People like Iron Mike (Tyson or Keenan your choice) you almost expect that but these footballers are supposed to be gentlemen. Put me down for extremely disturbed.

If they were gentleman they wouldn't be flopping and diving on every play. Bunch of sissy actors. There's some great soccer being played (Japan vs Columbia for example) but the moment I see a game dominated by diving players wreathing in pain for no reason I lose interest.
Even my GF made the comment about how un-manly it is to see them do that.

If they were gentleman they wouldn't be flopping and diving on every play. Bunch of sissy actors. There's some great soccer being played (Japan vs Columbia for example) but the moment I see a game dominated by diving players wreathing in pain for no reason I lose interest.

Yep. They should use video replay to assess the level of acting and issue yellow cards for the Hollywood types

I've seen good refs issue yellow cards for blatant acting. If they just did that more, it would stop.

, I'm not a violent person. Been in one fight in my life when I was younger and it was over something pointless. I dont play league hockey, some of my buddies and my cousin and close friend played in the OHL. Both of them would argue that fights spark a team and that's why they happen in hockey.

I don't see it that way. I certainly don't cheer when a fight happens. But I'll tell you it does restore my faith in humanity when I see them shake hands after.

That being said, something like biting an individual isn't necessarily used to spark a team. Just some guy with some serious mental issue. What's even more interesting is that most retired nhl enforcers will tell you that they hated fighting constantly. I doubt Suarez will ever look back and realize how much of an idiot he has been on three separate occasions.

Edit : but I do see what you're saying and there is a double standard. I think this has to do with the culture surrounding both sports and the fact that there are many socialized factors which come into the different sports ie: toughness in hockey and kinda "femininity" for football (or at least that's how hockey players view it)
Anyone that has ever played Futbol (Soccer) in any serious capacity (I played for the junior national team in my country) will tell you that it is one of the toughest sports physically, anyone that thinks its feminine I will dare to play 2 half times of 45 minutes each :)

Edit: Misspell corrections

Last edited:
Anyone that has ever plays Futbol (Soccer) in any serious capacity (I played for the junior national team in my country) will tell you that it is one of the physically toughest sports, anyone that thinks its feminine I will dear to play 2 half times of 45 minutes each :)
I agree I do too play soccer and there is a lot of physicality involved. Back in high school there was a lot of hockey kids vs soccer kids bickering at each other over which ones feminine and which ones tough.

I don't necessarily believe these these things but I relay the different perspectives out there.

Do me a favor, kick your GF real hard in the shin and when she starts crying on the ground, call her a pussy :lmao:see how that goes

I have faith in the underdogs. I think Canada is gonna come out of nowhere, apologize to everyone, and just win the cup. WE WON!. sorry. not sorry.

I have faith in the underdogs. I think Canada is gonna come out of nowhere, apologize to everyone, and just win the cup. WE WON!. sorry. not sorry.

They are playing on Manitoba grass in Brazil.....
so we are 'kinda' participating.

Do me a favor, kick your GF real hard in the shin and when she starts crying on the ground, call her a pussy :lmao:see how that goes

but don't they have shin guards?

Anyone that has ever plays Futbol (Soccer) in any serious capacity (I played for the junior national team in my country) will tell you that it is one of the physically toughest sports, anyone that thinks its feminine I will dear to play 2 half times of 45 minutes each :)

+1

I played competitive for many years as a goalkeeper and it is physically grueling. Don't be fooled by the diving antics you see at the worldcup...

Scraping cleets down the back of your ankle (no protection), quick elbow to the face, kicked in the face while you are down.. been on both ends of the table many-times.

What you don't notice:
9k=

9k=

What you do notice:

wesbrown.jpg

r10_12.jpg

[video=youtube;P6vm0x8JpBU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6vm0x8JpBU&feature=kp[/video]

Guess they're called Predators for a reason.

I like watching a good soccer game, but some of the diving is ridiculous. Rugby players wear the same cleats, they're not moaning all the time.

Guess they're called Predators for a reason.

I like watching a good soccer game, but some of the diving is ridiculous. Rugby players wear the same cleats, they're not moaning all the time.

...you need a brain to feel pain...

I did it like a professional soccer player and got a dirty look when I missed and then fell to the ground like I broke my leg.
But being the professional I am, I got up 2 mins later and I was fine.

Back
Top Bottom