132km/h sunday ride busted | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

132km/h sunday ride busted

Not a smart move. Just wait to get over to the right. OPP have been known to pull in close to a speeding driver to get them to speed up more. They use their stealth cars.
Wow
Some drivers in pickup trucks or jeeps scare me so much
Cuz 1 their head lights are blinding
And two they come sooo close to you ??

Damn the OPP is making tons of money for the Tow Truck Companies. Motorcycles are prized, they don't take much room in the yard, easy to slap on the stunt riding, and easy to demonize those bad bad motorcycle riders.

I sped up to like 140 I can get the **** away In another lane And away from trucks as well
And I slowed back right down

Same here - as long as I dont have heavy traffic around me, I dont ever feel the need to speed.
Most times I always resort to momentary bursts until I can clear away from heavy traffic, trucks, SUVs etc..too many blind spots for the average driver.

Funny enough..the only folks I feel comfortable around are folks with high end luxury or performance/modified vehicles..I figure with the amount of time/money they throw into them, they'd be super vigilant lol.
Teenagers are another thing altogether!

I sometimes wonder if cops get into this pack/hound mentality when they get caught up on a chase..!

I'm a hypocrite... I know.

'Got nailed doing 158 in a 110 near Lethbridge Alberta last summer... (passing the smelliest cattle truck ever).

I think sometimes the police wind up in mental vapor lock when some hoodlum on a bike they decide chase actually pulls over and stops instead of making a run for it... Lol.

The thrill of the catch further subsides when said hoodlum takes of his helmet revealing unto the ossifer of the law the face of a 50+ year old bald rider who's probably been riding longer than it's been since the cop was in grade school.

Cursory look at the out of province drivers lic. and a "Take it easy" and the hoodlum is let go to hoodlum another day...

132 makes the news ?

I need to move

AoNXRf1.jpg

The thrill of the catch further subsides when said hoodlum takes of his helmet revealing unto the ossifer of the law the face of a 50+ year old bald rider who's probably been riding longer than it's been since the cop was in grade school.

Had a cop pull me over and stomp up screaming at me on the 407. Took my helmet off. Silence. "You look familiar. I think I stuffed your old man's head in a toilet in high school" (disrespect me and I disrespect you, and I'm better at it than you with more experience). Didn't go well. 'Padded' paced speeding ticket and an arbitrary following too close bonus ticket. Handed me the tickets and said you should get something slower, like a Harley. "Perfect. Thanks for admitting you profiled me. See ya in court, bullet head."

He got hit by a 407 service truck during a stop on the 407 before my trial date. Charges withdrawn. Karma's a beotch.

Last edited:
the whole 50 over thing is F--K ing ridiculous, pure draconian facsism taking avehicle away for a week. I am not talking about this particular incident, but I had a friend on a st1300 Honda pass for safety reasons and also got caught going 50 over ( 130 in and 80) he was a real threat to safety and society.

What if you were being chased buy a guy who wanted to run you off the road and you needed to speed up and elude them to save your life?

BB

The whole problem is the punishment before conviction. After conviction let the courts decide. Fascist Fantino and his cronies didn't have the brains to come up with an intelligent solution for extreme driving so went Gestapo. The "What about the children" crowd don't see the dangers of dictatorship.

Damn the OPP is making tons of money for the Tow Truck Companies. Motorcycles are prized, they don't take much room in the yard, easy to slap on the stunt riding, and easy to demonize those bad bad motorcycle riders.
After talking with a few drivers and the paras at Points, I’m pretty sure some hwy patrollers are in cahoots with the tow mafia.

After talking with a few drivers and the paras at Points, I’m pretty sure some hwy patrollers are in cahoots with the tow mafia.

I know an ex tow guy and yes there would be a meet up and thank you later.

That and the kick backs from body shops, impounds etc suck.

We need tow trucks. They are expensive. The work is sporadic. How does one make that into a non-opportunistic business?

We need tow trucks. They are expensive. The work is sporadic. How does one make that into a non-opportunistic business?
Contract for territory can help. That also eliminates all the small players as they can't provide the required level of service so that sucks. Roster where they are called in order can work but it can take longer to get hooked. A cursory level of internal police investigation could quickly find and eliminate a lot of the dirt if the will was there. Being found guilty of accepting a kickback should be grounds for immediate termination and cancelling of pension. That should be sufficient for the vast majority to avoid the temptation.

Reactions: LBV
Contract for territory can help. That also eliminates all the small players as they can't provide the required level of service so that sucks. Roster where they are called in order can work but it can take longer to get hooked. A cursory level of internal police investigation could quickly find and eliminate a lot of the dirt if the will was there. Being found guilty of accepting a kickback should be grounds for immediate termination and cancelling of pension. That should be sufficient for the vast majority to avoid the temptation.

With COVID a lot less cash is being spent so if we took that clue and went cashless everything could be tracked including bribes, kickbacks, payoffs etc.

It could seriously impact some cash oriented businesses, drugs, body rubs, fencing etc.

With COVID a lot less cash is being spent so if we went cashless everything could be tracked including bribes, kickbacks, payoffs etc.

It could seriously impact some cash oriented businesses, drugs, body rubs, fencing etc.
Interesting idea but I doubt it would work. Silver/gold bars can't be eliminated. Removing paper cash would just change the medium not the problem. It should be easier (and more effective) to aggressively clean up police than try to play whack-a-mole with a million constantly changing tow companies.

132 makes the news ?

I need to move

AoNXRf1.jpg
I used to watch that show.

The thing about 80 zones, is that they don't have the best sight lines for doing 130+.

People also overestimate their ability to stop or swerve on bikes.

You come up over a rise, and a farmer is moving his threshing machine from one field to another, you're liable to get threshed.

We hear about it all the time. There is a very limited number of bikes around, but there are constant reminders of recent accidents.

My cbr125 is pretty well matched to the required level of vehicle performance to suit Ontario's roads and speed limits. Even at that, there are few speed limits that it can't exceed, unless the wind is blowing from the wrong direction.

My non-turbo Fiat 500 is overkill. Being a european car, it's designed to cruise at 130, which is the sensible speed limit on most european motorways.

Not that I've ever tried that. Noooo sir. Not in 100 km/h Ontario.

1. If you fight the HTA 172 ticket and win, are you reimbursed for the tow and week long impound fees?

2. The biggest problem with 172 is that the average speed on 400 series is probably close to 130. So if you're doing 150 you've deviated from the average speed less than if you were doing the posted speed limit. This in fact makes you safer on the road than a 'law abiding soccer mom'.

1. If you fight the HTA 172 ticket and win, are you reimbursed for the tow and week long impound fees?

2. The biggest problem with 172 is that the average speed on 400 series is probably close to 130. So if you're doing 150 you've deviated from the average speed less than if you were doing the posted speed limit. This in fact makes you safer on the road than a 'law abiding soccer mom'.
1) no

Back
Top Bottom